This discussion is closed.
jres101
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have an offer from them to study Law. I was just wondering if anyone was studying there and could tell me a little bit about the place. Thanks in advance!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's small, friendly, right by the sea.
scruffypippin
Report 14 years ago
My friend does Geography there, and loves it. Plenty of surfing, climbing and general lazing on the beach. Also, good sunsets as well, he says!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lovely beaches sunsets, cheap pubs, some of the law tutors are quite interesting. Read on the website for their research areas etc.
In my day there used to be a cheap booze night everynight. The student accom is some of the cheapest in the UK. Steer clear of the student village for first years though.
Hugh Owen building law building has languages, history, english, etc etc in it too so you meet a good range of peeps.

Anything specific to ask let me know I know quite a few people who studied law there, and I spent 3 yrs in aber myself so I know a fair bit about the place.

The commodore cinema and the bowling alley are both worth a visit for a laugh :rolleyes:
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some of my friend apply to aberysywth uni to do law. I assume it is good for law.
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My mate goes there and loves it.
jres101
Sounds like my kind of place. Thanks everyone.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh and the halls bars are great. You can't beat a pint in cwrt mawr bar.
Clodagh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wish I'd gone to Aberystwyth! i've visited friends there and it is the most fun, ever. Oxford sucks!!!!!!!!!
jres101
Just had another thought, does anyone have any idea about the phone reception you get around Aber? I'm probably going to get a contract phone for Uni and it would be most annoying to go with a network that doesn't get a signal
Clodagh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wales? Phone signals? wofl wofl wofl. :rofl:
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You get a signal with vodaphone and orange and virgin in most parts of the town but anywhere outside the town is a bit dodgy. Most of the phone sites have a signal section where you can put in your post code and check the reception.

Halls on Penglais campus cwrt mawrs postcode is sy23 3an so that should give you a headstart anyway.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads