Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has any1 started 2 revise 4 theeir gcse's this summer or am I the only 1

:dancing:

ReputationRep:
    I intend to re-read my English literature books over this holiday...in fact, I ought to read Hard Times for the first time

ReputationRep:
    Also, make sure you don't over-revise, I think just before Easter is a healthy time to start serious revision if you need it, otherwise, a month before the exams is sufficient IMO

ReputationRep:
    I don't think studying right now is a good idea, you havn't finished the course yet. I suggest start studying during the easter holidays or during May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I don't think studying right now is a good idea, you havn't finished the course yet. I suggest start studying during the easter holidays or during May.
    I have finished all of my courses now, we are revising in every subject now

ReputationRep:
    how many are you taking?

i have doubts i will even finish my classical greek course...

ReputationRep:
    I am taking 10 exams this summer...I have already taken RS (Short course)

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to resit one of my biology modules in March so as I'm going to revise for that, I might look over the work I've done recently for science.

My history teacher is starting weekly revision classes after half term (doing past papers, etc) so I'm going to revise the work we did on Germany as I've forgotten most of it!

I'm by no means going to extreme lengths with my revision but I might slot in a few hours over the course of the next couple of days. It's important to relax as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    I intend to re-read my English literature books over this holiday...in fact, I ought to read Hard Times for the first time
    I do Hard Times for AS and I hate it

ReputationRep:
    But also remember.. you can never do enough revision

My science teacher reminded me of that before exams and it couldn't be more true. Efficient revision is the key and focus more on the things you don't know so well, whilst cementing your knowledge and understanding of the topics you find easier.

:thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    I think I started revising for my GCSEs in the Easter holidays and that was about the right time for me, but it depends on the person. Some people would need more time to revise and some less, depending on how confident you are and how quickly you work. I'm planning on starting to revise for my AS-levels in half term though, as they're a lot harder and the exams are a fair bit earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I think I started revising for my GCSEs in the Easter holidays and that was about the right time for me, but it depends on the person. Some people would need more time to revise and some less, depending on how confident you are and how quickly you work. I'm planning on starting to revise for my AS-levels in half term though, as they're a lot harder and the exams are a fair bit earlier.
    Exactly the same for me too.

ReputationRep:
    I tried revising early right at about now, then a few weeks later I didn't bother as it was too early. In addition, you will forget most of the things by April/easter.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you don't start too early, or you'll be sick of it by the time you come to the 'real' revision time i.e. Easter. Perhaps just do the subject(s) you think you might not do so well on... a lot of revision too early really isn't a good idea for most people. Good luck for your exams

ReputationRep:
    All this talk of revision surprises me. I found that no revision was required for any subject bar History, with all its lovely arbitrary facts and figures. Although now, for AS, logarithms may need to be looked over...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.