The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I intend to re-read my English literature books over this holiday...in fact, I ought to read Hard Times for the first time :biggrin:
Reply 2
Also, make sure you don't over-revise, I think just before Easter is a healthy time to start serious revision if you need it, otherwise, a month before the exams is sufficient IMO
Reply 3
I don't think studying right now is a good idea, you havn't finished the course yet. I suggest start studying during the easter holidays or during May.
Reply 4
trev
I don't think studying right now is a good idea, you havn't finished the course yet. I suggest start studying during the easter holidays or during May.

I have finished all of my courses now, we are revising in every subject now
Reply 5
how many are you taking?

i have doubts i will even finish my classical greek course...
Reply 6
I am taking 10 exams this summer...I have already taken RS (Short course)
Reply 7
I've decided to resit one of my biology modules in March so as I'm going to revise for that, I might look over the work I've done recently for science.

My history teacher is starting weekly revision classes after half term (doing past papers, etc) so I'm going to revise the work we did on Germany as I've forgotten most of it!

I'm by no means going to extreme lengths with my revision but I might slot in a few hours over the course of the next couple of days. It's important to relax as well.
jamierwilliams
I intend to re-read my English literature books over this holiday...in fact, I ought to read Hard Times for the first time :biggrin:

I do Hard Times for AS and I hate it :frown:
But also remember.. you can never do enough revision :wink:

My science teacher reminded me of that before exams and it couldn't be more true. Efficient revision is the key and focus more on the things you don't know so well, whilst cementing your knowledge and understanding of the topics you find easier.

:thrasher:
I think I started revising for my GCSEs in the Easter holidays and that was about the right time for me, but it depends on the person. Some people would need more time to revise and some less, depending on how confident you are and how quickly you work. I'm planning on starting to revise for my AS-levels in half term though, as they're a lot harder and the exams are a fair bit earlier.
kellywood_5
I think I started revising for my GCSEs in the Easter holidays and that was about the right time for me, but it depends on the person. Some people would need more time to revise and some less, depending on how confident you are and how quickly you work. I'm planning on starting to revise for my AS-levels in half term though, as they're a lot harder and the exams are a fair bit earlier.

Exactly the same for me too.
Reply 12
I tried revising early right at about now, then a few weeks later I didn't bother as it was too early. In addition, you will forget most of the things by April/easter.
Reply 13
Make sure you don't start too early, or you'll be sick of it by the time you come to the 'real' revision time i.e. Easter. Perhaps just do the subject(s) you think you might not do so well on... a lot of revision too early really isn't a good idea for most people. Good luck for your exams :smile:
Reply 14
All this talk of revision surprises me. I found that no revision was required for any subject bar History, with all its lovely arbitrary facts and figures. Although now, for AS, logarithms may need to be looked over...

Latest