Turn on thread page Beta

Foot Cramps watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhhhhhhh last night, I nearly died of a foot cramp. I was on the dance floor, and I usually wear my stilettos, but instead I thought Id wear my new flat shoes, and when I was dancing, I got the worst cramp ever in my right foot.
    I used to get them in P.E when I was in secondary school, but they eventually stopped. But it came back last night and it was embarrassing, I was hopping around everywhere, screaming in agony. It went away after 20 minutes or so. But it came back this morning. God theyre so painful, feels like some uncontrollable person is breaking my foot in half.

Why do you get foot cramps? How can I stop them?

Love Blueangel xxx :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Eat bones.. get calcium in there

ReputationRep:
    i dono! i get them too. i *live* in high heels. seriously all of my shoes are high but i recently bought some flatties and i got cramp alot often. i think the foot muscles arent used to it. but wearing them everyday for a while ehlped. just alternate shoe hights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Eat bones.. get calcium in there
    lol :love: you offering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    i dono! i get them too. i *live* in high heels. seriously all of my shoes are high but i recently bought some flatties and i got cramp alot often. i think the foot muscles arent used to it. but wearing them everyday for a while ehlped. just alternate shoe hights
    Yeah high heel shoes never make me get cramps, its only falt shoes, like sandles, trainers etc... and I have to wear these one day, I cant live on forever wearing heels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    lol :love: you offering?
    you wanna eat my bones?? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    you wanna eat my bones?? lol
    you never heard of a psychologist called Hannibal Lectar :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    you never heard of a psychologist called Hannibal Lectar :rolleyes:
    I have hes quite good I heard, has a certain rapport with his patients

ReputationRep:
    drink more milk ... none of that green and red low-fat crap, it tastes awful, but the proper blue, full-fat stuff

ReputationRep:
    btw the colours refer to the label colours, not the colour that the milk should be. in case there was any confusion at all. haha.

ReputationRep:
    Blue milk is yummy, but I dont drink loads, so yeh ok I will drink more.

BUT BUT: my sister drinks loads and loads of blue milk, shes addicted to the stuff and she still gets them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jamieuk20)
    drink more milk ... none of that green and red low-fat crap, it tastes awful, but the proper blue, full-fat stuff
    Yeah, drink blue milk! I'm the only person on my floor at uni that doesn't drink the green stuff. Which is handy for knowing which bottle is yours

ReputationRep:
    Why do you get foot cramps? How can I stop them?
    i think some cramps are brought on by dehydration, so drink more water to prevent them.

if u do get one, just take the pain and the stretch afterwards. thats important

ReputationRep:
    haha, we should start a blue milk appreciation thread. any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Yeah, drink blue milk! I'm the only person on my floor at uni that doesn't drink the green stuff. Which is handy for knowing which bottle is yours
    ewwww green milk, is horrible, tastes like water and even real water is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)
    i think some cramps are brought on by dehydration, so drink more water to prevent them.

if u do get one, just take the pain and the stretch afterwards. thats important
    Thanks guys for the advice, more calcium, stretches and water it is :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I could follow my own advice more

ReputationRep:
    stretch your foot in the opposite way when you feel it happening.

ReputationRep:
    I get really bad cramps too... just randomly, and only in my right foot, never the left one. It feels like someone is pulling my toes apart.

ReputationRep:
    Just stand up flat on that foot. It will be really painful to start with, but it will soon quickly disappear. And it does work

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.