This discussion is closed.
Dipsomaniac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have an invisible g/f, b/f... other people might think you're odd but its actually really cool... just let yourself go!
JonnyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Becca28)
yeh uni should be good imagine being stuck in an all girls school for the past 5 years, its nearly killed me lol!
You see I've been in a mixed school for the last 2 years and I'm saying that sort of thing, you are going to have the time of your life!
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dipsomaniac)
Have an invisible g/f, b/f... other people might think you're odd but its actually really cool... just let yourself go!
lol mite try that!!! - just not in a club
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JonnyB)
Ahhh whatever you'll be fine. Everyone here who's going to university this year is gonna be single anyway, it'll be a laugh!
soooo true! woohoo bring on uni! if i don't fail my exams anyway lol
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh uni should be good imagine being stuck in an all girls school for the past 5 years, its nearly killed me lol!
I couldn't have handled that :eek:
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You see I've been in a mixed school for the last 2 years and I'm saying that sort of thing, you are going to have the time of your life!
Yeah I've been in a mixed school too, I think it was just an unlucky year boy-wise!
Becca28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by twiga)
I couldn't have handled that :eek:
lol yeh it really is as bad as it sounds, roll on uni
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol yeh it really is as bad as it sounds, roll on uni
Did you not have a boys school opposite? Or at least, near?
Becca28
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There is a few miles down the road, but there are about 4 all-girls schools in our area...lol
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everyone I know is breaking up for Uni anyway, it's an important part of growing up and you don't need someone in your ear for 4 years anyway! hehe.
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There is a few miles down the road, but there are about 4 all-girls schools in our area...lol
Yikes! So there's like a 4-1 ratio of girls to boys! lol!
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everyone I know is breaking up for Uni anyway, it's an important part of growing up and you don't need someone in your ear for 4 years anyway! hehe.
Really, a lot of people I know are actually following their gf/bf to the same uni :confused: ! Which is a shame if they aren't doing what's right for them.
Becca28
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh i know quite a few friends that had their bf go to uni last year whilst they stayed at sixth form college, nearly all of those relationships broke up within a few weeks of their other half going to uni lol!
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by louinwonderland)
Really, a lot of people I know are actually following their gf/bf to the same uni :confused: ! Which is a shame if they aren't doing what's right for them.
That's pretty weak isn't it! Following someone somewhere THEY want to go for a relationship - putting that above yourself with your own studies.

Terrible!
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok, maybe it's not soooo bad being single.... but yes, yes it is!!!!!!!
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's pretty weak isn't it! Following someone somewhere THEY want to go for a relationship - putting that above yourself with your own studies.

Terrible!
Exactly! Not that I have the heart to tell any of my coupled-up friends that though! But I guess it's hard to break out of that lovey dovey bubble and get real sometimes. I'm going to uni with my ex! If we both get the grades. Not on purpose by the way, we just both got into the same place.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Terrible!
At some point there has to be a comprimise in the relationship- otherwise 2 people could theoretically never end up in the same place.....
And it's only natural for people who love each other to want to stay together...

In my experience it can work wherever you are....some of my friends are still together despite a huge distance between them.

Yes some people may make a mistake by deciding on where their partner will be etc, and it may be easy to point the finger, but i know from experience that they won't listen to advice (cos I didn't) so all you can really do is support them and be there in case things go wrong.

Ruthie xx
ChocoVet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Feel ya! I was in an all girls' school for 10+ years before I started uni! And vet school is like 90% girls and 10% guys so it's not much of a difference either! Eeeek maybe that's my fate... :eek:
DayTripper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
I was in a club last night and it made me realise even more why I hate being single.
I was in a club last week and it made me realise why I LOVE that i'm single!!!
louinwonderland
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
At some point there has to be a comprimise in the relationship- otherwise 2 people could theoretically never end up in the same place.....
And it's only natural for people who love each other to want to stay together...

In my experience it can work wherever you are....some of my friends are still together despite a huge distance between them.

Yes some people may make a mistake by deciding on where their partner will be etc, and it may be easy to point the finger, but i know from experience that they won't listen to advice (cos I didn't) so all you can really do is support them and be there in case things go wrong.

Ruthie xx
Hmm yes that's true, I guess what's meant to be is meant to be.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (130)
64.36%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
21.29%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.36%

Watched Threads