The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have an invisible g/f, b/f... other people might think you're odd but its actually really cool... just let yourself go!
Reply 181
Becca28
yeh uni should be good :smile: imagine being stuck in an all girls school for the past 5 years, its nearly killed me lol!

You see I've been in a mixed school for the last 2 years and I'm saying that sort of thing, you are going to have the time of your life!
Dipsomaniac
Have an invisible g/f, b/f... other people might think you're odd but its actually really cool... just let yourself go!

lol mite try that!!! - just not in a club :redface:
JonnyB
Ahhh whatever you'll be fine. Everyone here who's going to university this year is gonna be single anyway, it'll be a laugh!

soooo true! woohoo bring on uni! if i don't fail my exams anyway lol
Reply 184
Becca28
yeh uni should be good :smile: imagine being stuck in an all girls school for the past 5 years, its nearly killed me lol!

I couldn't have handled that :eek:
JonnyB
You see I've been in a mixed school for the last 2 years and I'm saying that sort of thing, you are going to have the time of your life!

Yeah I've been in a mixed school too, I think it was just an unlucky year boy-wise!
Reply 186
twiga
I couldn't have handled that :eek:

lol yeh it really is as bad as it sounds, roll on uni :smile:
Becca28
lol yeh it really is as bad as it sounds, roll on uni :smile:

Did you not have a boys school opposite? Or at least, near?
Reply 188
There is a few miles down the road, but there are about 4 all-girls schools in our area...lol
Reply 189
Everyone I know is breaking up for Uni anyway, it's an important part of growing up and you don't need someone in your ear for 4 years anyway! hehe.
Becca28
There is a few miles down the road, but there are about 4 all-girls schools in our area...lol

Yikes! So there's like a 4-1 ratio of girls to boys! lol!
JonnyB
Everyone I know is breaking up for Uni anyway, it's an important part of growing up and you don't need someone in your ear for 4 years anyway! hehe.

Really, a lot of people I know are actually following their gf/bf to the same uni :confused: ! Which is a shame if they aren't doing what's right for them.
Reply 192
yeh i know quite a few friends that had their bf go to uni last year whilst they stayed at sixth form college, nearly all of those relationships broke up within a few weeks of their other half going to uni lol!
Reply 193
louinwonderland
Really, a lot of people I know are actually following their gf/bf to the same uni :confused: ! Which is a shame if they aren't doing what's right for them.

That's pretty weak isn't it! Following someone somewhere THEY want to go for a relationship - putting that above yourself with your own studies.

Terrible!
ok, maybe it's not soooo bad being single.... but yes, yes it is!!!!!!! :frown:
JonnyB
That's pretty weak isn't it! Following someone somewhere THEY want to go for a relationship - putting that above yourself with your own studies.

Terrible!

Exactly! Not that I have the heart to tell any of my coupled-up friends that though! But I guess it's hard to break out of that lovey dovey bubble and get real sometimes. I'm going to uni with my ex! If we both get the grades. Not on purpose by the way, we just both got into the same place.
JonnyB

Terrible!

At some point there has to be a comprimise in the relationship- otherwise 2 people could theoretically never end up in the same place.....
And it's only natural for people who love each other to want to stay together...

In my experience it can work wherever you are....some of my friends are still together despite a huge distance between them.

Yes some people may make a mistake by deciding on where their partner will be etc, and it may be easy to point the finger, but i know from experience that they won't listen to advice (cos I didn't) so all you can really do is support them and be there in case things go wrong.

Ruthie xx
Reply 197
Becca28

Feel ya! I was in an all girls' school for 10+ years before I started uni! And vet school is like 90% girls and 10% guys so it's not much of a difference either! Eeeek maybe that's my fate... :eek:
AT82
I was in a club last night and it made me realise even more why I hate being single.

I was in a club last week and it made me realise why I LOVE that i'm single!!! :biggrin:
ruthiepoothie
At some point there has to be a comprimise in the relationship- otherwise 2 people could theoretically never end up in the same place.....
And it's only natural for people who love each other to want to stay together...

In my experience it can work wherever you are....some of my friends are still together despite a huge distance between them.

Yes some people may make a mistake by deciding on where their partner will be etc, and it may be easy to point the finger, but i know from experience that they won't listen to advice (cos I didn't) so all you can really do is support them and be there in case things go wrong.

Ruthie xx

Hmm yes that's true, I guess what's meant to be is meant to be.