anti-depressents

Watch
This discussion is closed.
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
ok i did make this thread a while ago but i got hijacked and deleted, so i will ask my question again. what is it like being on them?
and im not trying being to be rude or unsensivitve
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
bad.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wish I was on them.
annabellewalter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
****. but not as bad as wanting to die everyday. as i said before.
princessb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've often wondered about the effects? Do you go back to feeling happy again... or happier?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They shouldn't be the first line treatment of people who feel depressed
these_apples
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its funny how all these threads poping up today with it being the day before valentines day. :rolleyes:
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
depends on the person. some people benefit, some don't. and they aren;t like happy pills, you don't go on a 'high' or anything
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by these_apples)
Its funny how all these threads poping up today with it being the day before valentines day. :rolleyes:
hehe. Thankfully anti-depressants aren't prescribed just for surviving the valentines period.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
They shouldn't be the first line treatment of people who feel depressed
if they were ids never be off them
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
andrew i gotta say man i have little patience for ppl fishing for sympathy
ThePenguinMafia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How is he fishing for sympathy?
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Seems like everyone these days is on anti-depressants...that in itself makes me feel quite depressed!
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ThePenguinMafia)
How is he fishing for sympathy?
because he's telling everyone he's all depressed but won't let anyone help him. that puts me on a bit of a downer because i like to help ppl.
ThePenguinMafia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jamieuk20)
because he's telling everyone he's all depressed but won't let anyone help him. that puts me on a bit of a downer because i like to help ppl.
As do I (hence my application to medicine) but unless you are referring to more than this one post, then I don't see where you are coming from.

(Original post by Angel_Cake)
...that in itself makes me feel quite depressed!
Such is the way of the teenager.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wouldn't say it's fair to say it seems like evryone is on them, unless of course you live in a mental hospital....they aren't exactly prescribed by your GP
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
I wouldn't say it's fair to say it seems like evryone is on them, unless of course you live in a mental hospital....they aren't exactly prescribed by your GP
ummm...yeah they are!
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

They have their good and bad points. I could argue that i wouldn't be here without them, having tried to eliminate myself a few times. I've been on 3 different ones, and the ones i'm on now have helped me the most. The thing is, i've been on them so long (nearly 4 years), that i don't remember what i was like without them now. And i don't think i need them as much as i used to, but if i withdraw from them too quickly i get very very physically ill. So i'm tapering my dose which is taking years! The side effects are horrible. At first i lost my appetite, and went down to seven stone. If i don't take one within 4 hours of my usual time i get sleep paralysis, sweating, nausea, dizziness etc.

If you can have some other sort of therapy before resorting to medication then do so. My psychotherapist was more screwed up than i am, but i have an appointment with a new one tomorrow and i'm hoping they will be better.

Hope this has answered some of your questions.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well when you are under 18 my understanding is that you are referred to a psychiatrist and a panel of social workers etc discusses the potential treatments available including therapy, conselling, and drugs.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
Well when you are under 18 my understanding is that you are referred to a psychiatrist and a panel of social workers etc discusses the potential treatments available including therapy, conselling, and drugs.

No thats not always true. I was 16 when i was first prescribed anti-depressants by my GP. I didn't get counselling until i was 17. It depends on the area.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (82)
31.06%
Less motivated (182)
68.94%

Watched Threads