This discussion is closed.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Not sure which forum to put this in , but has anybody had the urge to go to North Korea? I was just looking at Koryo Travel and this page on the BBC, and it's just incredible. You just never hear much about the place (since nothing ever gets out) but just look at the photos. The worlds largest stadium, a 105 storey hotel that's never been completed, and a giant building with a brush, hammer and sickle on top.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My. How tasteless.
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
Not sure which forum to put this in , but has anybody had the urge to go to North Korea? I was just looking at Koryo Travel and this page on the BBC, and it's just incredible. You just never hear much about the place (since nothing ever gets out) but just look at the photos. The worlds largest stadium, a 105 storey hotel that's never been completed, and a giant building with a brush, hammer and sickle on top.
Not really given all the stories you hear about people disappearing inside North Korea for 20 years. Was a Japanese tourist from 20 years ago or something not recently released??
jamieuk20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Forget stadia and huge hotels, what are the ppl like there?
EPD
(Original post by jamieuk20)
Forget stadia and huge hotels, what are the ppl like there?
Repressed.
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Er ... ok ... let's not go there then....
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not to forget a Mad Dictator. What more could you possibly want?
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some WMDs ... oh wait, they already have those
EPD
Precisely why (although it is a little twisted I'll admit) it'd be great to visit. There was a programme on BBC4 a while back called Holidays in the Axis of Evil, where the reporter went there, and it was fascinating.
Archkinkist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know the feeling; I've thought that North Korea would be interesting, just as USSR used to be, and Russia still is.
Top travel destinations anyone?
1 Russia
2 Japan
3 Finland/Estonia (grouped together for twee smallness)
4 USA because my beautiful gf lives there :love: :dancing:
EPD
(Original post by MrSornia)
I know the feeling; I've thought that North Korea would be interesting, just as USSR used to be, and Russia still is.
Top travel destinations anyone?
1 Russia
2 Japan
3 Finland/Estonia (grouped together for twee smallness)
4 USA because my beautiful gf lives there :love: :dancing:
1. Slovenia
2. South America, particularly Chile/the Andes
3. Canada
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
I wonder if Kim Jong Il would greet me personally and say "Harrrooowwwww!" if I went... :rolleyes:
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
I wonder if Kim Jong Il would greet me personally and say "Harrrooowwwww!" if I went... :rolleyes:
He may even sentence you to imprisonment / death if you are really lucky :eek: :rolleyes:
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
While North Korea probably is a totally awesome place to visit, I think I'll decline in fear of my life
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Two places I want to go in life:-

Japan
Canada
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Canada is ace, i went to Toronto and loved it, would like to go further west as well though - maybe Vancouver
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i would like to go to korea - looks really interesting. I'd also like to go to china, japan, russia, iceland, all of europe, canada and the USA, and probably to africa again.
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
i would like to go to korea - looks really interesting. I'd also like to go to china, japan, russia, iceland, all of europe, canada and the USA, and probably to africa again.

except for asia, the entire world then?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (66)
23.4%
No (216)
76.6%

Watched Threads