Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the funniset typo you've ever made? Mine has to be the following. I was in my first year of university and was talking to a friend online, saying how much i was enjoying it. I accidentally said
    "I'm sitting here smiling my face off having the greatest wee of my life" instead of week.
    I wasn't taking the piss! (groan...)
    Oh how we laughed at that one...I've never quite managed to live it down.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've never really been so anally-retentive as to catalogue my each and every typographical error.

Rather, I am anal enough to pre-empt the making of such errors in the first place :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Well, I've never really been so anally-retentive as to catalogue my each and every typographical error...
    Are you saying I am? Surely if you made an error and spotted it you'd remember it. It's all a bit of fun anyways...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I once typed "Hell is for herpes" instead of the name of one of my fave bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSornia)
    Are you saying I am? Surely if you made an error and spotted it you'd remember it. It's all a bit of fun anyways...
    Actually, no. I'm so anal, that my brain pre-emptively erases all memory of any verbal transgressions, in order that I may immediately pick up the pieces and move on with my life. It's an unenviable state of affairs, I can tell you

ReputationRep:
    Mine would prob me "he's feeling ****" instead of "sick". A direct outcome of having the 's' key next to the 'd'. Surely they should place letters on the keyboard so you can't make dumbass typos. I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieuk20)
    Surely they should place letters on the keyboard so you can't make dumbass typos. I don't know.
    Allow me to present the AOLese "Abridged" Keyboard:

Foolproof; and exclusively for idiots. Now there's a paradox, if ever there was.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot. I just can't remember them.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't make the typo but on a program where there was a list of our names for some important end of the year thing my friend Meredith's name had been typoed into "Mereditty" so Mereditty got called up on stage and the poor girl had to live with her new nickname until graduation 5 years later.

ReputationRep:
    "Hilter" apperntly was the leader of the Nazis, according to my history gcse

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    I have a nasty habit of typing 'just a sex' instead of 'just a sec' ... it's alright with the right people ... but with others it's bloody annoying :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Well, I've never really been so anally-retentive as to catalogue my each and every typographical error.

Rather, I am anal enough to pre-empt the making of such errors in the first place :rolleyes:
    I think you are Vienna95 in disguise....

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, wow that's worse than my typos...I do a lot...

ReputationRep:
    Well i don't have any major ones i can remember, but i remember once [email protected] on here (a mate from college), wrote embassassing instead of embarrassing, which i thought sounded like he wanted to have gay sex with a fish, which i found amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Not one of my own, but (in a newspaper)

"Mr Jones is a defective in the police farce"

ReputationRep:
    Some bloke on gamefaqs, whose native language wasn't english, made a rather horrendous mistake. He couldn't spell eject properly, and the spellchecker kindly changed his sentence so it read

" How do I ejacualate?"

Not typing, this one, but actual writing.

A year 11 RE class. Attempting a direct quote from Mark's Gospel, a girl writes of Jesus:

"He saved otters, but he could not save himself!"

ReputationRep:
    Digressing further, "The Bowlers Holding, the batsman's Willey" is a classic bit of cricket commentary.

This thread also reminds me of that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm when there's a typo in the obituary Larry puts in a newspaper, and "beloved Aunt" becomes "beloved C*nt."

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.