This discussion is closed.
Archkinkist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
What is the funniset typo you've ever made? Mine has to be the following. I was in my first year of university and was talking to a friend online, saying how much i was enjoying it. I accidentally said
"I'm sitting here smiling my face off having the greatest wee of my life" instead of week.
I wasn't taking the piss! (groan...)
Oh how we laughed at that one...I've never quite managed to live it down.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, I've never really been so anally-retentive as to catalogue my each and every typographical error.

Rather, I am anal enough to pre-empt the making of such errors in the first place :rolleyes:
Archkinkist
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Well, I've never really been so anally-retentive as to catalogue my each and every typographical error...
Are you saying I am? Surely if you made an error and spotted it you'd remember it. It's all a bit of fun anyways...
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I once typed "Hell is for herpes" instead of the name of one of my fave bands
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MrSornia)
Are you saying I am? Surely if you made an error and spotted it you'd remember it. It's all a bit of fun anyways...
Actually, no. I'm so anal, that my brain pre-emptively erases all memory of any verbal transgressions, in order that I may immediately pick up the pieces and move on with my life. It's an unenviable state of affairs, I can tell you
jamieuk20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine would prob me "he's feeling ****" instead of "sick". A direct outcome of having the 's' key next to the 'd'. Surely they should place letters on the keyboard so you can't make dumbass typos. I don't know.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jamieuk20)
Surely they should place letters on the keyboard so you can't make dumbass typos. I don't know.
Allow me to present the AOLese "Abridged" Keyboard:

Foolproof; and exclusively for idiots. Now there's a paradox, if ever there was.
Attached files
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Quite a lot. I just can't remember them.
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i didn't make the typo but on a program where there was a list of our names for some important end of the year thing my friend Meredith's name had been typoed into "Mereditty" so Mereditty got called up on stage and the poor girl had to live with her new nickname until graduation 5 years later.
Wolfgang
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"Hilter" apperntly was the leader of the Nazis, according to my history gcse
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
haha
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have a nasty habit of typing 'just a sex' instead of 'just a sec' ... it's alright with the right people ... but with others it's bloody annoying :p:
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Well, I've never really been so anally-retentive as to catalogue my each and every typographical error.

Rather, I am anal enough to pre-empt the making of such errors in the first place :rolleyes:
I think you are Vienna95 in disguise....
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hahaha, wow that's worse than my typos...I do a lot...
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well i don't have any major ones i can remember, but i remember once [email protected] on here (a mate from college), wrote embassassing instead of embarrassing, which i thought sounded like he wanted to have gay sex with a fish, which i found amusing.
glance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not one of my own, but (in a newspaper)

"Mr Jones is a defective in the police farce"
Spider
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some bloke on gamefaqs, whose native language wasn't english, made a rather horrendous mistake. He couldn't spell eject properly, and the spellchecker kindly changed his sentence so it read

" How do I ejacualate?"
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
Not typing, this one, but actual writing.

A year 11 RE class. Attempting a direct quote from Mark's Gospel, a girl writes of Jesus:

"He saved otters, but he could not save himself!"
Syntax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Digressing further, "The Bowlers Holding, the batsman's Willey" is a classic bit of cricket commentary.

This thread also reminds me of that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm when there's a typo in the obituary Larry puts in a newspaper, and "beloved Aunt" becomes "beloved C*nt."
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads