Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I reallydo,I sleep like at 10 pm and wake up at 6 am and yet I feel so tierd it's like 8 hours a sleep and yet when the alarm rings it's like somebody hit me with a pan on the top of my head,I really can't get enough what can I do...it's same thing or even more if I slept at 12am :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I reallydo,I sleep like at 10 pm and wake up at 6 am and yet I feel so tierd it's like 8 hours a sleep and yet when the alarm rings it's like somebody hit me with a pan on the top of my head,I really can't get enough what can I do...it's same thing or even more if I slept at 12am :eek:
    You're probably sleeping too much! That can make you feel tired as well as not sleeping enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    You're probably sleeping too much! That can make you feel tired as well as not sleeping enough.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    so i was thinking about going to seep now,I shouldn't right??

ReputationRep:
    You are recommended to sleep around 7-8 hours a day. I usually average 7 and I'm hardly ever tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePenguinMafia)
    You are recommended to sleep around 7-8 hours a day. I usually average 7 and I'm hardly ever tired.
    i sleep around 7-8 hrs,and now I feel sooooooo sleepy :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sleepy too awwwww

ReputationRep:
    I've been feeling like that exactly for the past few months and I normally sleep 8 hours. I think the problem is sleeping at different irregualr times. You should sleep at aound the same time for a couple of days so that your body can adjust to it and keep it like that.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you have a good diet as well.
    And eat every 3 hours instead of 2-3 big meals. (through the day)

ReputationRep:
    I agree - it could be that you're having too much sleep. How much exercise are you doing, as that could be affecting it too?

ReputationRep:
    tbh... it's not like 8 hours is an excessive amount of sleep (he's getting up at 6 people! i struggled to get up at 10 today)... maybe trying to sort out eating and exercise would help... or you could be not very well, i slept loads when i had glandular fever and was just so lethargic

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    tbh... it's not like 8 hours is an excessive amount of sleep (he's getting up at 6 people! i struggled to get up at 10 today)... maybe trying to sort out eating and exercise would help... or you could be not very well, i slept loads when i had glandular fever and was just so lethargic

lou xxx
    she....though maybe it's becasue i'ven't been eating verywell lately :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Create)
    I agree - it could be that you're having too much sleep. How much exercise are you doing, as that could be affecting it too?
    varies 30-1hour30 depends on my mood

ReputationRep:
    probably coz u get out of bed every 30 mins to eat an apple :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you could be nemic

ReputationRep:
    I personally need 10 hours to be not tired. At the moment I'm sleeping from about 4am - 2pm (weird, I know) but midnight - 10am, or 10pm - 8am does me just as well if I need to be up.

I've also been known to divide me sleep, i.e. 1am - 6am... get up, do whatever I have to do, then sleep again from say 4pm - 9pm. That was my sleep pattern all through school - and I never found myself tired when I didn't "want to be".

ReputationRep:
    On college nights i normaly get 4/5 hours sleep

other times its from 6 to 14 =/

im a freak i no

ReputationRep:
    I get by on five. They do say that at least eight minutes a night is recommended; but then, I can hardly afford to fritter away valuable time in such a frivolous and unproductive manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    They do say that at least eight minutes a night is recommended
    id die with that amount of sleep :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    That often happens to me. Although, for a bit, I'm getting 10 hours sleep and feeling ok, but then again, I'm having trouble sleepng straight away cos I'm trying to keep my foot elevated a bit cos of a measley sprained ankle. I just hope that it heals properly quicker.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal to get up during the week and feel knackered. It's probably because you were in a phase of deep sleep. Maybe if you slept less then you'd wake up more easily but that wouldn't necessarily be good.
    You could also just be going through a phase where you need a lot of sleep. Even worse, you might have mononucleosis which would make your drowsy all the time.

I believe that a long-term lack of sleep has seriously negative effects on your whole well-being. In the past few months, I've been feeling like ****. Probably due to the fact that since the beginning of uni 5 years ago, I've hardly ever had a good night's sleep on a weekday.,

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.