This discussion is closed.
soilman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i know from my mates pc that msn has just released a new version or so called 'upgrade'

however, this is a complete pain on the arse because when im in uni I get an error now and then saying

"you cannot sign into msn because u are using an old version of msn messenger. to sign in you need to log on to this computer as a local administrator" great :rolleyes:

does this mean at some point the uni admin folks will update it for us, or is there another way to do it does anyone know?

cheers.
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mine said the bit about my messenger being too old then just automatically downloaded the new one for me, if yours doesn't just unistall messenger and download the new one from the website
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its because there was some security flaw. Hopefully your uni willl get round to reinstalling it. I don't think we can install stuff on our uni computers it'll depend on your uni.
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
has anybody else been getting emails of people in their contact list, saying add me to my new address book by clicking this link or something, out of all the ones I've got, the real contacts haven't actually sent me those emails so I haven't clicked on them
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nope
jamieuk20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
msn messenger is still better than windows explorer ... *shudders*
jamieuk20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i mean windows messenger. sorry.
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
has anybody else been getting emails of people in their contact list, saying add me to my new address book by clicking this link or something, out of all the ones I've got, the real contacts haven't actually sent me those emails so I haven't clicked on them
DONT!

Iv had them, im not sure exactly what they are, but NEVER EVER EVER click on them.
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Its because there was some security flaw. Hopefully your uni willl get round to reinstalling it. I don't think we can install stuff on our uni computers it'll depend on your uni.
nope i am not allowed to install anything
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamieuk20)
msn messenger is still better than windows explorer ... *shudders*
entirely irrelevant - i simply asked if there was another way, but it seems i have to wait on the admin installing the new version
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
DONT!

Iv had them, im not sure exactly what they are, but NEVER EVER EVER click on them.
I never, someone on my contact list said she did and that nothing happened but I'm still not
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
Yes... Ive been getting emails like this... its a bit weird. I don't click on them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads