Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 12, If i do something like English/history or perhaps ppe, is it possible for me do a 1 year law course at the same uni after i graduate so 3 years of english for a BA then 1 year of law?
    Also is the same possible for say buisness type courses which will help me land a job at an IBank, or is better that i do law straight up for 3 years or a buisness type thing

thanks.

p.s i will hopefully get 5 A's this year so i am looking at top end unis

ReputationRep:
    Right. Please read this thread I answered the exact same question last night and can't be bothered to type it alll out again with regards to law.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...74&postcount=8

ReputationRep:
    u cant do it at oxbridge i have to reconsider everything now, cause if i do an english degree there then hmmm

ReputationRep:
    You can easily change unis for it though. Oxford offer a shortened version of a undergrad degree for exceptional graduates
    http://denning.law.ox.ac.uk/postgraduate/senior.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)
    u cant do it at oxbridge i have to reconsider everything now, cause if i do an english degree there then hmmm
    But you can just go somewhere else. Why should that be a particular problem? In any case, if you go to Oxford it's fairly standard to stay on at Brookes for the conversion course, so you don't have to change cities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    You can easily change unis for it though. Oxford offer a shortened version of a undergrad degree for exceptional graduates
    http://denning.law.ox.ac.uk/postgraduate/senior.shtml
    Incidentally, a 2nd undergrad degree won't be subsidised by the government, so you'll be paying full fees with no loan.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be doing that for the CPE anyway. Most postgrad courses aren't subsidised. They aren't that expensive at the moment. Its the LPC or BVC thats the costly one.

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to get local funding for my 2 yr course. First year fees paid second year grand paid £500 interest free loan.

You really need to research your area many places have educational foundations available. Still sucks having no loan though.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.