Leaving the UK to live elsewhere Watch

This discussion is closed.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
How many people are thinking of leaving the UK and emigrating to a different country once they've got enough money/finished their education?

I've always wanted to move to New Zealand, but doing an Architecture degree means i won't be able to until i'm 27.

Where would you move to if you could?
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
How many people are thinking of leaving the UK and emigrating to a different country once they've got enough money/finished their education?

I've always wanted to move to New Zealand, but doing an Architecture degree means i won't be able to until i'm 27.

I hope to one day live somewhere in Africa providing medical care. Since this isn't likely to occur in the next 15 years my plans haven't been much more refined than that! lol
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
canada! id love to go there

never going to happen tho..........
rmyl
Rep:
?
(Original post by BhArJ)

nah, it could do!! you just have to focus on it if you really want it.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)

hehe my friend just came back from canada...she hated it saying that they were all 'backward'! I am sure this is down to the lack of designer shops in the area she went though lol
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nah, it could do!! you just have to focus on it if you really want it.
lol i really doubt it, maybe ill go for a holiday but thats about the most ill manage :rolleyes:

(Original post by NikNak)
hehe my friend just came back from canada...she hated it saying that they were all 'backward'! I am sure this is down to the lack of designer shops in the area she went though lol
What?! Canada rules
rmyl
Rep:
?
thats the other thing, maybe i'm living in a dream world. cos i've never actually been to New Zealand but i still like the look of it enough to maybe settle there.
Is it anything like Australia, i've been there and i liked it (but it was just too hot)
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
leaving the UK is probably one of the best things i ever did

living in another country is fun!
Saagar
Report 14 years ago
I'll probably move to canada when I'm a bit older, however depending on universities and that I may well go to uni there. , also America is a possiblilty but i'd only move to california.
Repentance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

i am hoping to leave U.K to study uni elsewhere....and come here for holidays to see family and friends.
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

i really like the lifestyle in spain so id lobe to live there only prob ish i dont speak spanish i cud learn tho
rmyl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Repentance)
i am hoping to leave U.K to study uni elsewhere....and come here for holidays to see family and friends.
i'd do that too if i had the money and if a uni in New Zealand offered a good architecture degree (an RIBA degree form the UK is really well respected around the world)
caramello
Report 14 years ago
I used to live in NZ. If you're into nature and the ocean then it's your place. But if you're into shopping and entertainment, it's definitely not your place.

Seeing as I don't live in the UK, if I had to live anywhere else, I would go to London.
rmyl
Rep:
?
(Original post by caramello)
I used to live in NZ. If you're into nature and the ocean then it's your place. But if you're into shopping and entertainment, it's definitely not your place.

Seeing as I don't live in the UK, if I had to live anywhere else, I would go to London.
but doesn't NZ have any good cities too?
caramello
Report 14 years ago
but doesn't NZ have any good cities too?
Auckland is the biggest city. That's where I lived. It's got a population of approximately 1 million. (maybe 2?) It's nothing compared to the cities in the UK. But it's pretty, I'll give you that. It's like a smaller version of Sydney with the harbor and ocean and everything.

It's the kind of place where you want to retire.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was thinking about going to live in america in the next couple of months. But then I do random things like that. I guess I would just transfer to a university over there.
rainjan_4now
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im going to learn dutch at uni to equip me for when i move to holland- family against it, but i feel at home there
LostRiot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i like britain too much to want to move, when i'm rich and famous i might live on a scottish island, I've got a friend who does and it sounds pretty cool (in the summer at least).

unfortunatly there arn't many electronic engoneering jobs on islands.
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I couldnt leave the UK cause it really is home to me though my brother and my mum have emigrated to perth
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to move to Swizterland for the winter months for the snow, skiing and snowboarding...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads