This discussion is closed.
king of swords
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I went to see Evanescence in concert last night with adhsur . It was both our first proper gig and Amy Lee (the lead singer) was fantastic, she sings just as well live as she does recorded!
Anyway, to the point; I would really like to know when all your first gigs were, who they were, whatever you wish to put down . Also don't forget to contribute to the poll .
Ollie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by king of swords)
I went to see Evanescence in concert last night with adhsur . It was both our first proper gig and Amy Lee (the lead singer) was fantastic, she sings just as well live as she does recorded!
Anyway, to the point; I would really like to know when all your first gigs were, who they were, whatever you wish to put down . Also don't forget to contribute to the poll .
first big band (ie. not local ones) that I saw was The mighty mighty bosstones i thnk.

Ive seen
Less Than Jake
Bosstones
American HiFi
Sum 41
Blink 182
Linkin Park
Athlete
Placebo
Darkness
Bowling For Soup
Finch
Alien Ant Farm
Staind
Alfie

By Far The best of those lot were LTJ, Bosstones, Blink and Athlete
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
to go to watch???

i went to see boyzone when i was 10 because i was sooo in love with them.

ive been to loads thou, my fav are the big outdoor ones in summer- went to see greenday 2 years ago in cardiff castle and that was amazing.

love Katy ***
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Would you count a Take That concert as a proper gig?! Cos if so I was 10 (and I went with my mum!).
king of swords
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chicken)
Would you count a Take That concert as a proper gig?! Cos if so I was 10 (and I went with my mum!).
Sounds fine to me
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
By Far The best of those lot were LTJ, Bosstones, Blink and Athlete
2 of my flatmates went to see Athlete when they played at the union at UEA and said they were really good. I hadn't really heard much of their music so I didn't go, but I borrowed the album from my flatmate and now I wish I went!!!
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I havn't seen any, living in Cumbria sucks.
king of swords
Rep:
?
(Original post by theone)
I havn't seen any, living in Cumbria sucks.
It only allows a maximum of ten possible outcomes for a poll unfortunately so it looks as though i can't account for you in the poll :confused: ...very sorry.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
LoL, no problem, how were Evanescence? I've heard they are excellent, not just Amy Lee, but the whole show is meant to be really good.

(PS. Looks like the Sprinkboks had nothing to fear, King)
king of swords
Rep:
?
LoL, no problem, how were Evanescence? I've heard they are excellent, not just Amy Lee, but the whole show is meant to be really good.

(PS. Looks like the Sprinkboks had nothing to fear, King)
Pity lol (about the springboks). Yes the whole show was great but i do mention amy in particular as it is hard to forget her wearing a bridal dress lol.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Pity lol (about the springboks). Yes the whole show was great but i do mention amy in particular as it is hard to forget her wearing a bridal dress lol.
A bridal dress? Cool. Nothing else special for Halloween?

(Oh, and the fijians, gutted, really wanted them to get through)
king of swords
Rep:
?
A bridal dress? Cool. Nothing else special for Halloween?

(Oh, and the fijians, gutted, really wanted them to get through)
Na just one of the support bands handed over a pumpkin to someone at the front (i was about 6 or 7 rows (if you can call them rows) from the front).
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Na just one of the support bands handed over a pumpkin to someone at the front (i was about 6 or 7 rows (if you can call them rows) from the front).
6/7 rows, that must have been pretty good - you'd have thought they would have something cool planned for halloween, nevermind, must have been awesome anyway. I think my first gig is going to be Leeds this year. Has noone been to Leeds/Reading before? A couple of my mates went a year or two back and said it was awesome.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
6/7 rows, that must have been pretty good - you'd have thought they would have something cool planned for halloween, nevermind, must have been awesome anyway. I think my first gig is going to be Leeds this year. Has noone been to Leeds/Reading before? A couple of my mates went a year or two back and said it was awesome.
yeah i went to reading- brilliant

http://www.uk-learning.net/t10250.html
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
yeah i went to reading- brilliant

http://www.uk-learning.net/t10250.html
I would have loved to have gone two years ago, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Guns & Roses, Prodigy, Feeder....
king of swords
Rep:
?
I would have loved to have gone two years ago, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Guns & Roses, Prodigy, Feeder....
I wanted to go to leeds fest this year to see metallica but i couldn't get a group of mates together....doesn't matter though, i'm going to see metallica in london this decemeber .
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I wanted to go to leeds fest this year to see metallica but i couldn't get a group of mates together....doesn't matter though, i'm going to see metallica in london this decemeber .
To be honest, the only bands I would have wanted to see at Leeds this year are Metallica, Sum 41 and Blink 182, I bet Metallica are awesome live. I'd like to see Muse and The Thrills and Flaming Lips as well....
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My first gig was Idlewild, since then I've seen The Music and Kings of Leon. All superb live.
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I went to see Meatloaf with my parents when I was 7.

Did anyone else go to V this year? RHCP, Foo Fighters, Ash, Feeder, The Hives, Coldplay...was excellent!
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
Did anyone else go to V this year? RHCP, Foo Fighters, Ash, Feeder, The Hives, Coldplay...was excellent!
*is VERY jealous*
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.16%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.32%
Live streaming events (51)
8.73%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.42%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.29%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.09%