This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Never been to a gig and I'm bloody 18! Oh well you don't get much of a chance for that stuff as a Bengali whose tight dad won't shell out for what he might call a waste of time and money...
Linkin Park are playing Wembley Arena this month. Maybe if I win big at the bookies again I might go. Anyone here going?
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my vitirol was my first gig, a while back now

since then seen fugazi, black rebel motorcycle club and others that i cant remember, a fair few. off to see black rebel again and the coral soon. then hopefully kings of leon in december. me and my mate are going to have to stand outside and beg for a ticket cus they are sold out.
king of swords
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)

since then seen fugazi, black rebel motorcycle club and others that i cant remember, a fair few. off to see black rebel again and the coral soon. then hopefully kings of leon in december. me and my mate are going to have to stand outside and beg for a ticket cus they are sold out.
Isn't there any chance that tickets may be sold on ebay (second hand)??
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)

All quality bands there MattG. When we saw The Music at Blackpool, Kings of Leon were supporting and nobody knew who they were. Figures, they're much bigger than The Music now.

In terms of my next gig, It's likely to be BRMC or Mars Volta. Some friends and I are thinking of saving up though and going to Leeds/Reading next year to see them all.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've been really lucky this last year gig wise, I've seen The Coral (I don't even like them though), Flaming Lips, White Stripes, Polyphonic Spree, Alfie, British Sea Power (once as a support act, once on their own), The AM, and the Sleepy Jackson. And I've got tickets to see The Strokes in December !!

My ex bf was luckiest though, he got to go to the Radiohead gig at shepherds bush empire- went backstage and everything!
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
I've been really lucky this last year gig wise, I've seen The Coral (I don't even like them though), Flaming Lips, White Stripes, Polyphonic Spree, Alfie, British Sea Power (once as a support act, once on their own), The AM.. And I've got tickets to see The Strokes in December !!

My ex bf was luckiest though, he got to go to the Radiohead gig at shepherds bush empire- went backstage and everything!
Bah, I really want to see The Strokes, I've been listening to them before they went big. Same with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Liars and Radio 4 etc.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
Bah, I really want to see The Strokes, I've been listening to them before they went big. Same with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Liars and Radio 4 etc.
Me too, Biig big strokes fan. That's why I got up at 8 in the morning to get tickets! Hehe What do you think of Room on Fire? I was lucky to get a copy early as someone I know got it because he writes reviews in a magazine !
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by king of swords)
Isn't there any chance that tickets may be sold on ebay (second hand)??
get a better deal waiting outside, when we went to fugazi my friend got a ticket for £2 (!!!!!) cus somebodys mate was stuck on the motorway and couldnt make it. somebody will have some spare tickets to sell, failing that there are always touts outside.

oh yeah i managed to see pitchshifter before they broke up, b-line eighties matchbox (that was a MAD gig) "A" (i regret it now) funeral for a friend (not very good IMO) seafood er... cant remember the others.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
Me too, Biig big strokes fan. That's why I got up at 8 in the morning to get tickets! Hehe What do you think of Room on Fire? I was lucky to get a copy early as someone I know got it because he writes reviews in a magazine !
Had it a fair while now too, excellent album all in all. My favourite tracks are:

Between Love And Hate
Under Control
The End Has No End

I still listen to their first album though too!
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
get a better deal waiting outside, when we went to fugazi my friend got a ticket for £2 (!!!!!) cus somebodys mate was stuck on the motorway and couldnt make it. somebody will have some spare tickets to sell, failing that there are always touts outside.

oh yeah i managed to see pitchshifter before they broke up, b-line eighties matchbox (that was a MAD gig) "A" (i regret it now) funeral for a friend (not very good IMO) seafood er... cant remember the others.
Bring At The Drive-in back, in my opinion.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
theone,

what's wrong with the fabulous sands centre?!

That's had some of the greatest gigs about........

Daniel O'Donnel
Status Quo
Sophie Ellis Bextor

Yes all big names - don't diss!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
theone,

Daniel O'Donnel
Status Quo
Sophie Ellis Bextor

Did I say gigs?!.oh well!
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
theone,

Daniel O'Donnel
Status Quo
Sophie Ellis Bextor

Ahmmmmmmm
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm going to see Billy Talent on Monday woo hoo!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
best gig ever was the lostprophets (i love that band so much)... my friend went to see them in manchester again last week + i'm so jealous because i was in scotland and couldn't go. she ended up standing next to 1 member of the band during the support (lee gaze) + she has a limited edition vinyl of their first album (only 2000 copies made) + he managed 2 get it signed by four members of the band for her (she just needs the other 2 now)... am so jealous.

lou xxx
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've never been to a proper gig. The Vengaboys came over last year... Wheatus were in the union this term, as were Bowling for Soup. Not proper gigs though.
Brown Patrick Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Age 6
MC Hammer [support act Snap]
Whitley Bay Ice Rink, Newcastle

Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
I went to see Meatloaf with my parents when I was 7.

Did anyone else go to V this year? RHCP, Foo Fighters, Ash, Feeder, The Hives, Coldplay...was excellent!
I went to V!!! However I wasn't allowed the day off work, so I only went for the sunday at Chelmsford. However I still saw QOTSA, RHCP (best band I have ever seen live), David Gray (better than i thought he would be), Skin, Tom McRea and Morcheeba. I'm so gutted I missed the Saturday though, but the 4 bands I wnated to see all clashed as they were headliners, so I wouldn't have got to see them all.
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Haven't really been to any proper gigs.

Me and and my family went to see the Commitments a good few years ago -but it wasn't really them- only one original band members there. I actually didn't know what it was going to be- thought it might be a screenplay or something.

I suppose you could count this really awful one in my town hall- it was this new, really cheesy, really bad pop band -maybe 'Scooch' or something like that. I went with my friends for the sake of it but it was terrible- they had sound problems the whole time.

(Original post by Jools)
Age 6
MC Hammer [support act Snap]
No way! *chuckles*

I have a current obssession with 'Can't touch this' ...class!

-Great timing- it's just this second come on (is on the playlist I'm listening to)
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Looks like my first gig is going to be Muse at Manchester at the end of this month, should be awesome.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.05%
No (514)
48.95%

Watched Threads