Is there a difference between homosexuality and incest? Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamieuk20)
homosexuality concerns anal stimulation and obviously since it is impossible for gays to reproduce then it is rather a redundant sexual orientation.
It doesn't always concern anal stimulation. Also quite a few heterosexual couples engage in anal sex. Would you take the same view here? It is also suggested to be used as a form of population control, as it has been exhibited on other species in the animal kingdom.

I am a Christian and this is something that morally offends me.
Abortion offends me and I have Christians who advocate it!

As for incest, don't even get me started. Why would it not be morally wrong?
Adam and Eve?
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In the modern world most people recognise that there is no such thing as "sexual deviance" - sex that is 1) consensual and 2) law-abiding isn't "deviant". (Our societal morals have changed, a few hundred years ago sex that wasn't in the missionary position and primarily for beaing children was considered "deviant")

Incest remains illegal for good reasons, even if people consent, aside from morals (imo abuse more than genetic problems).
Homosexuality isn't illegal, whatever moral stance a single person takes about homosexuality.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
In the modern world most people recognise that there is no such thing as "sexual deviance" - sex that is consensual and law-abiding isn't "deviant". (Our societal morals have changed, a few hundred years ago sex that wasn't in the missionary position and primarily for beaing children was considered "deviant")
Yesterday's heresy is today's orthodoxy.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Homosexuality isn't illegal, whatever moral stance a single person takes about homosexuality.
Not all homosexual acts have been legalised compared to their legal heterosexual counterparts, unless it has since changed.
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
It doesn't always concern anal stimulation. Also quite a few heterosexual couples engage in anal sex. Would you take the same view here? It is also suggested to be used as a form of population control, as it has been exhibited on other species in the animal kingdom.
But heterosexual couples have the capacity to reproduce and therefore it's a little irrelevant whether they engage in anal sex or not. As for a form of population control, I've never heard that concept before.

Abortion offends me and I have Christians who advocate it![/QUOTE]

Would you judge me for being a Christian just because others who share my faith advocate something which offends you?
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry. I can't quote to save my life. Haha.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I heard somewhere that if a brother and sister reproduce then there's a 95% that the child will be completely normal. This is lower than a non-genetically related couple but deformity is not as likely as most people think.

I still think it's wrong but I'm afraid my argument is an "ewwww" one rather than a reasoned one
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But heterosexual couples have the capacity to reproduce
Infertile heterosexual couples?

and therefore it's a little irrelevant whether they engage in anal sex or not.
No it isn't. This is against the idea of equality, and a mockey of jurisprudence.

As for a form of population control, I've never heard that concept before.
You learnt something new then.

Would you judge me for being a Christian just because others who share my faith advocate something which offends you?
Not really.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There is evidence that we are not sexually attracted to family members becasue of our pheromones and that the chemical signal is meant to make us disgusted by prolonged physical contact with them. However its only admissable evidence if you believe that we actually use pheromones.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry. I can't quote to save my life. Haha.
We've all done that before.
parsimony
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
There is evidence that we are not sexually attracted to family members becasue of our pheromones and that the chemical signal is meant to make us disgusted by prolonged physical contact with them. However its only admissable evidence if you believe that we actually use pheromones.
that means that ppl who ARE (by a matter of chance) attracted to their family members dont have enough pheromones?
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by parsimony)
that means that ppl who ARE (by a matter of chance) attracted to their family members dont have enough pheromones?
No the theory believes that people who are attracted to family members have a damaged detection system or that psychological effect has been significant enough to over ride the pheromone system.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What role has the state to play in homsexual incest (no genetic problems)? Two consenting adults....why should it be condemed legally and/or morally?
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We've all done that before.
Oh good
these_apples
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I know the obvious differene (=P), I mean in terms of morals etc. Logically speaking. Assuming homosexualiy is morally sound, does this imply that incest is morally sound? Or is there a fundamental difference which makes it immoral?

I'd say, yes, incest between a male/female is dangerous, for any children they might accidentally end up bearing, and there's a tendany for it to be an abusive relationship in many cases such as say father/daughter. But I struggle to see any reason why say, two sisters who for whatever reason decided they wanted to get it on would be any of my business.
In my opinion i think there is nothing morally wrong if the two people are consenting and it doesnt harm anyone else. So yes the two sisters "getting it on" wouldnt be any of your bussiness .
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by these_apples)
In my opinion i think there is nothing morally wrong if the two people are consenting and it doesnt harm anyone else. So yes the two sisters "getting it on" wouldnt be any of your bussiness .
People often go against this regarding abuse with one dominant person involved, as I think Blissy pointed out. However, people said then you can treat that situation as if they were not incestuous. Even if incest was legalised, I can't see too many people engaging in it, even more so when children are intended.
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
legalising incest would potentially throw into direct contradiction all the child protection laws applicable in this country that the left wing and liberal types have worked so hard to create. in short, they advocate freedom yet safety and the metaphorical cake can't be cut both ways.
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People often go against this regarding abuse with one dominant person involved, as I think Blissy pointed out. However, people said then you can treat that situation as if they were not incestuous. Even if incest was legalised, I can't see too many people engaging in it, even more so when children are intended.
well i think that the fact that incest is illegal does not stop ppl who want to abuse their younger family members.. they usualy rely on that they "know" (or at least believe in it..) the abused ones wont tell anybody because they are ashamed and afraid..
these_apples
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There was a thread aages ago that had a link to a site where you could calulate your moral compass. I agree with the abusive relationship and children thing, but i think that if they dont have any children and no one is getting hurt then there really isnt anything wrong with it.
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by these_apples)
There was a thread aages ago that had a link to a site where you could calulate your moral compass. I agree with the abusive relationship and children thing, but i think that if they dont have any children and no one is getting hurt then there really isnt anything wrong with it.
that's what i think to..it's not immoral (if nobody is hurt..)
but doesn't it seem to be kind of disgusting? :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads