Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    :rolleyes:

Incest can be seen as distasteful; but homosexuality is just perverted.
    Agreed. It's a subjective matter. There are certain sexual acts that people will consider perverted whilst others may not. I don't really care what people get up to providing no animals or children are involved (or if theoretically against the law on age, a sensible age difference that does not result in scientific paedophilia rather than the strict law) and it's consented to.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Incest can be seen as distasteful; but homosexuality is just perverted.
    That is just utter nonsense....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Obviously.
    But he has a habit of antagonising people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Agreed. It's a subjective matter. There are certain sexual acts that people will consider perverted whilst others may not. I don't really care what people get up to providing no animals or children are involved (or if theoretically against the law on age, a sensible age difference that does not result in scientific paedophilia rather than the strict law) and it's consented to.
    Congratulations: you win the prize. But then, I would expect nothing less.

Very well; in which case, so is this:

(Original post by beekeeper_)
    Homosexuality can be seen as 'distasteful', but incest is just perverted.
    Unless you would care to differentiate? If so, I suggest that you do so promptly: 'beekeeper' does so loathe being 'antagonised'; especially where said "antagonism" might entail a recommendation that he attempt either to justify or substantiate his assertions, fatuous as they are.

(Original post by beekeeper_)
    Obviously.
    But he has a habit of antagonising people
    Evidently, you are incapable of discerning subtext inasmuch you are incapable of conveying it. No matter: I've naught to lose from this petty altercation; my point has been proved. Have fun. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations: you win the prize. But then, I would expect nothing less.

Very well; in which case, so is this:

Unless you would care to differentiate? If so, I suggest that you do so promptly: 'beekeeper' does so loathe being 'antagonised'; especially where said "antagonism" might entail a recommendation that he attempt either to justify or substantiate his assertions, fatuous as they are.

Evidently, you are incapable of discerning subtext inasmuch you are incapable of conveying it. No matter: I've naught to lose from this petty altercation; my point has been proved. Have fun. :rolleyes:

Well, homosexuality is a recreational pastime which is akin to masturbation in that it has nothing to do with reproduction. Incest involves sexual congress between relatives, which highly increases the chances of genetic mutations being repeated and causing deformaties, it also decreases genetic diversity, and is inherently bad for the human species, we clearly know that instinctively as human beings, whereas the acts defined by homosexuality are far more ambiguous in terms of being regarded as "perverse" Is masturbation(perhaps thinking about a woman) perverse? Is masturbation in the same room as a man ,whilst thinking about a woman perverse?Is the above scenario whilst touching another man on the shoulder perverse? etc etc...there is no discrete place where you can draw the line and say "this is homosexuality, this is perverse",its a continuous scale..if its anal sex where you draw the line, then men and women do that to,and its recreational ,not for reproduction...

ReputationRep:
    Incest involves sexual congress between relatives, which highly increases the chancec of genetic mutations being repeated and causing deformaties, it also decreases genetic diversity, and is inherently bad for the human species, we clearly know that instincyively as human beings
    Proving an incestuous relationship is procreative. If people commit incestuous acts with no intention of procreation and use contraception wisely, then the above argument cannot apply. Regarding deformities, would you stop two couples who are in love with each and want a child but are both suffering from Down Syndrome?

ReputationRep:
    Proving an incestuous relationship is procreative. If people commit incestuous acts with no intention of procreation and use contraception wisely, then the above argument cannot apply. Regarding deformities, would you stop two couples who are in love with each and want a child but are both suffering from Down Syndrome?
    Difficult question....probably very controversial.. but my instinct would be yes

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i should have made myself clearer..the argument i'm trying to make is one about instinct....we seem to be genetically programmed to realise that incest is unhealthy, and although sex is recreational these days, sexual desire has a procreative function, now, and in our evoloutionary past it was probably its only function....hence desire for a relative should be a trait which has evolved out of humanity, or otherwise something which we instinctively recognise to be perverse because even if it isn't practised to procreate, and condoms are used, the actual desire should not exist, it doesnt make evoloutionary sense..
    Bisexuality is another matter entirely, because in our evoloutionary past, there would be no negative consequences genetically, as reproduction is impossible, hence it can be defined as recreational entirely seperately from being procreative,and there may even be genes for bisexuality, which could survive since reproduction still occurs, yet perhaps homosexuality occurs when a certain combination of bisexual genes are passed down from the parents, who knows...anyway i digress...its speculative...i personally don't buy the theory about innate sexuality

ReputationRep:
    Whoops. I voted 'no' on this poll. Don't mean that. I mean yes. Sorry. If someone could edit my vote, I'd be very happy.

Note to self: double check before clicking vote next time.

ReputationRep:
    What a shocking question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommorris)
    Whoops. I voted 'no' on this poll. Don't mean that. I mean yes. Sorry. If someone could edit my vote, I'd be very happy.

Note to self: double check before clicking vote next time.
    Its balanced out, I voted yes when I meant no

my 150th post!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.