This discussion is closed.
Sasuke!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hello all i have just finshed Organic chemistry and i was wondering if anyont knew if there is a site where i can get a detailed noted of all the reactions etc including the conditions. or does anyone know good revision sites
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
www.chemguide.co.uk
dinesh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chemguide is by far the best A level chemistry website around, and mr.clarke constantly updates it.
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
thank the website is incredible and i think that i will be doing a lot of printing when i get back to school
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What exam board is this for?
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WARNING!!! Something strange is on this site!!! http:// chemguide.co.uk

It has been compromised by scum - they have placed a series of Trojans that download automatically - I am sending an email to the website owner as soon as I finish this warning

Everytime I connect to the site it tries to download SEVERAL Trojans into my system (Trojan Moo.b Trojan.Downloader, Trojan.Byteverify) see this link for information about the Trojan Moo.B

I have a good security system so it doesn't catch me BUT beware if you are not operating Windows XP SP2 (updated) with a good antivirus.

Pass this note on to anyone you think uses the site...

Once it is clean I will post again.
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
it is OCR, the website is very useful but there is too manu hu[erlinks and i would have likle to just print so i can read it with ease rather than suring for stuff i want. is there a way to do this? i think that i will copy to word and do it there
charco
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OK my emails to Jim Clark are getting rejected anyone out there got any info? How to get in touch with him??

There is some html code on the bottom of the first page pointing visitors to a page called "Natchez Children's Home" on htp://www.hersheyy.com/home.htm (link deliberately disabled by removal of a 't' only go there if you are well protected!!!! ) which is also compromised with Trojan Downloaders.

In fact the said website has the source code hidden on the index and home pages so it seems to be the culprit.
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He is right - do not go on chemguide.

Curiousity got the better of me, and it messed up the computer.
charco
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
He is right - do not go on chemguide.

Curiousity got the better of me, and it messed up the computer.
!!!!! don. throw me in the briar patch brer fox!!!

If you need any assistance removing any of the problems get in touch

The trojans take over your computer and use it to propagate as well as recording ALL KEYSTROKES and sending them to an unknown destination.

You MUST take action, NOW!
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What can I do? Damn.
charco
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What can I do? Damn.
Download Spybot search and destroy pest control - update it and run it (it's free) from here

If that does not work read the links to the following Trojans and follow the removal instructions. Find them by doing searches on google - the symantec pages are usually pretty thorough.

Trojan.Downloader
Trojan.Moo.B
Trojan.ByteVerify

SpybotSD should work.
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by charco)
Download Spybot search and destroy pest control - update it and run it (it's free) from here

If that does not work read the links to the following Trojans and follow the removal instructions. Find them by doing searches on google - the symantec pages are usually pretty thorough.

Trojan.Downloader
Trojan.Moo.B
Trojan.ByteVerify

SpybotSD should work.
This is my dad's laptop. I ran SpybotS&D, and all that came up was 'Wildtangent' and 'DSO exploit' :confused:. I guess it's ok then...
maz69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i clicked on the link b4 reading the whole thread! i dont kno if my computers got this trojan thing!? how can i check?!? :eek:
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by maz69)
i clicked on the link b4 reading the whole thread! i dont kno if my computers got this trojan thing!? how can i check?!? :eek:
Did anything happen to your computer? Did you get a popup thingy with some message about a trojan?
maz69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nope! it kinda just said at the bottom "transfering data....." n then i read the whole thread n then i found out there was somethin wrong with it so i just switched my modem off n then restarted my computer.....
charco
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is my dad's laptop. I ran SpybotS&D, and all that came up was 'Wildtangent' and 'DSO exploit' :confused:. I guess it's ok then...

You probably guess wrong - Trojans are just that - Trojans - they are designed to operate and be hidden while doing so...

Did you check out the info on each Trojan?
charco
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Read the infomation on the Trojan.Moo.B
file

Do you have any new .exe files on the desktop?
charco
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you got a popup with a message about a Trojan it was probably your security system (antivirus) preventing the download (breath sigh of relief)

I had about six pop ups in a row each requiring deletion of a file relating to the Trojan - so I deleted and all is ok, but...

if you did not get the popup this is a much worse sign!

You must run a full antivirus scan with updated definitions
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by charco)
If you got a popup with a message about a Trojan it was probably your security system (antivirus) preventing the download (breath sigh of relief)

I had about six pop ups in a row each requiring deletion of a file relating to the Trojan - so I deleted and all is ok, but...

if you did not get the popup this is a much worse sign!

You must run a full antivirus scan with updated definitions
Yes something like that, then I unplugged the modem, and that's when the computer crashed.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.42%
No (291)
75.58%

Watched Threads