Turn on thread page Beta

bloc party silient alarm watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    *yawn*
    I see you put as much thought into your responses as you do your musical tastes... Follow the anti-bandwagon herd if you want, just bear in mind that you're just as much a follower as the people you dismiss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    That's very sad. Does that attitude extend to all areas of your life? If someone you were going out with had lots of friends, would you go off them? Do you avoid reading classic novels because loads of people have read and loved them? Do you never order pizza because most people like to eat it?

Having your tastes dictated because of popularity is just as bad whether you're jumping on the bandwagon or steering clear of the road. Liking things because other people like it is the attitude of mindless sheep, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking things because YOU like them, regardless if the band is #1 in the charts or playing in someone's garage. The anti-popularity crowd is just as bad as mindless followers; they both subscribe to the ******** value that other people's taste is important in influencing their own.
    Completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    That's very sad. Does that attitude extend to all areas of your life? If someone you were going out with had lots of friends, would you go off them? Do you avoid reading classic novels because loads of people have read and loved them? Do you never order pizza because most people like to eat it?

Having your tastes dictated because of popularity is just as bad whether you're jumping on the bandwagon or steering clear of the road. Liking things because other people like it is the attitude of mindless sheep, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking things because YOU like them, regardless if the band is #1 in the charts or playing in someone's garage. The anti-popularity crowd is just as bad as mindless followers; they both subscribe to the ******** value that other people's taste is important in influencing their own.
    hear hear!

ReputationRep:
    I see you put as much thought into your responses as you do your musical tastes... Follow the anti-bandwagon herd if you want, just bear in mind that you're just as much a follower as the people you dismiss
    My original post was a wind up ffs! Was waiting for someone to bite and that person was you.

And thanks for your psychological analysis doll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    My original post was a wind up ffs! Was waiting for someone to bite and that person was you.

you know, and everyone else knows that it wasn't a wind up...you're just backpedalling...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)

Erm... Yeah, okay. If that's how you like to spend your time

ReputationRep:
    Erm... Yeah, okay. If that's how you like to spend your time
    If thats how I like to spend my time? It was one post..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    ...but you had been planning it for years, hadn't you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    ...but you had been planning it for years, hadn't you!
    Obviously. Thats why Im so distressed. All these years of planning and its all backfired..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    Unless you're a miracle physicist and can stop time, then you spent time typing it up.. If indeed you are a miracle physicist, then perhaps you could exchange your secret in return for the psychoanalysis?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're a miracle physicist and can stop time, then you spent time typing it up.. If indeed you are a miracle physicist, then perhaps you could exchange your secret in return for the psychoanalysis?
    You implied that I like to do that sort of thing regularly.

You sound lonely. Give the samaratins a call.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...I smell animosity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    You implied that I like to do that sort of thing regularly.

You sound lonely. Give the samaratins a call.
    You sound verbally challenged. Consult a dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    You sound verbally challenged. Consult a dictionary.
    ****, sorry! Didnt realise I was being assessed for my quality written communication!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Hmmm...I smell animosity.
    I smell bacon!

*wonders off...searching, searching...*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    ****, sorry! Didnt realise I was being assessed for my quality written communication!
    It's not quality though, that's the point

And to add.. I didn't realise that there was a direct correlation between having an opinion and having friends.. in that case then there's a strong positive one because I have many, thanks for your concern about my social life though

ReputationRep:
    It's not quality though, that's the point
    Sorry Miss. I promise Ill twy harder next time. Heres an apple. SPLAT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    Sorry Miss. I promise Ill twy harder next time. Heres an apple. SPLAT!
    What a fulfilling response! I'm sure everyone on TSR has been enlightened for that...

ReputationRep:
    This forum needs a new mod.

ReputationRep:
    What a fulfilling response! I'm sure everyone on TSR has been enlightened for that...
    Hopefully.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.