Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    You will recieve credit in the dedications of the first novel in the series. Sadly, providing inspiration in itself does not entitle you to any of the surely substantial royalties.
    :eek: oh well its good enought i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    £35 isn't that much, and the quality isn;t debatable thankyou! It's a sethtop, horizontal stripes, which is also good cos i am skinny and it makes me look a little more bulky!

- most anyone has ever spent on one item of clothing?
    Eh? What the fudge is that? I always buy preshrunk t-shirts. It avoids that problem. I like stripeyness though...

£105 for my boots :cool: worth every penny!

(Original post by gossip_girl)
    i just brought some new underwear and i only just looked at how you wash them
    there all hand wash!
    the moral of the story: always check the labels on your new clothes!
    its gonna take ages to wash them all now!
    can i play the lead in the broadway production? I am 5"10 and insanely good-looking, although not in a threatening way, I think I would be perfect in the role as the guy who forgets to read the label at first, but learns the error of his ways by the end of the play.
    Yes. Yes, you may.

Read the Lable

Your role is essentially that of the tragic hero, yet with more than a small hint of black humour. You will fail to read the label; the label, lest we forget, being symbolic of the secret that defines our own existence. Despite vehement advice from your mother (Julia Roberts*) and months of soul-searching, you fail repeatedly to see the basic secrets that would allow you to find your true destiny as a small-town detective. Your tragic flaw, your utter ignorance of "the label" leads to the breakdown of all the great relationships that you share. After the suicide of your wife, drowned after jumping from the Golden Gate bridge, you decide that your life has no meaning, and decide to do the same, following her into oblivion.

It is only in following her path that the label blows into your face on the way down, and that you realise the truth. Sadly, by then, it is too late.

Your remaining, orphaned daughter (Elisha Cuthbert) and father (Michael Douglas) then get together in the conclusion to an incestuous sub-plot, and come to realise the true meaning of Christmas.

Truly, a tragedy for our times.

*These actors aren't usually on Broadway, but can be persuaded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Yes. Yes, you may.

Read the Lable

Your role is essentially that of the tragic hero, yet with more than a small hint of black humour. You will fail to read the label; the label, lest we forget, being symbolic of the secret that defines our own existence. Despite vehement advice from your mother (Julia Roberts*) and months of soul-searching, you fail repeatedly to see the basic secrets that would allow you to find your true destiny as a small-town detective. Your tragic flaw, your utter ignorance of "the label" leads to the breakdown of all the great relationships that you share. After the suicide of your wife, drowned after jumping from the Golden Gate bridge, you decide that your life has no meaning, and decide to do the same, following her into oblivion.

It is only in following her path that the label blows into your face on the way down, and that you realise the truth. Sadly, by then, it is too late.

Your remaining, orphaned daughter (Elisha Cuthbert) and father (Michael Douglas) then get together in the conclusion to an incestuous sub-plot, and come to realise the true meaning of Christmas.

Truly, a tragedy for our times.

*These actors aren't usually on Broadway, but can be persuaded.

ROFL!

ReputationRep:
    well... we all learn from mistakes... so just make sure you read the label next time.... (or forget about the label... wash it whatever way it pleases you... if it breaks... good, buy a new one and read the label...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anchemis)
    well... we all learn from mistakes... so just make sure you read the label next time.... (or forget about the label... wash it whatever way it pleases you... if it breaks... good, buy a new one and read the label...
    well they were bra's and they cost 40 pounds for three!

ReputationRep:
    - most anyone has ever spent on one item of clothing?
    £180 on a corset (a proper one, six inches off my waist and boobs under my chin and everything).

ReputationRep:
    Give you something to do the next time you bunk off school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wa)
    £180 on a corset (a proper one, six inches off my waist and boobs under my chin and everything).
    That's hot, mine is £115 for a shirt, but it is really nice and D&G and I wear it ALL the time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    Give you something to do the next time you bunk off school.
    oh yer.....lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well, you should always hand wash bras anyway, so what's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    I stick mine into a pillow case and machine wash. No probems so far.

ReputationRep:
    i dont hand wash bra's! what you talking about? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of 'reading the label': perhaps you might consider purchasing a family-sized tub of aspirin, neglecting to read the label, and subsequently allowing intuition to determine a 'necessary' level of consumption.

And if you don't have a headache: fret not - I have a perfectly serviceable mallet.

ReputationRep:
    i just brought some new underwear and i only just looked at how you wash them
    there all hand wash! :eek:

the moral of the story: always check the labels on your new clothes!

its gonna take ages to wash them all now! :eek:
    my moral for your story is- no frills undies usually mean no added extras
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am talking about the best way to look after them
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by frost105)
    I stick mine into a pillow case and machine wash. No probems so far.
    I find that the underwires can come out if you do that

ReputationRep:
    You're supposed too!!!

ReputationRep:
    I find that the underwires can come out if you do that
    Never had that problem so far.

ReputationRep:
    I am talking about the best way to look after them
    i just put them in with colours like it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.