Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, only all of them then.

ReputationRep:
    why does Lord Cackness choose to speak such bull so perfusely. I can only see Lucifer's anus as the birth place of this repulsive creature, commonly referred to as "cackness". With a smile similar to a cracked, piss stained toilet bowl and poor Mexican sheep farmer moustache.....

as you try to read this testimony over the brutal whelps of your mother blowing the local Kurdish cheese-maker, you maybe telling yourself the only reason why so many people have offered their views by adding to this forum is because they are jumping on a ‘band-wagon’, that they are only saying these things because they think that humiliating ur cheesy cackness will be funny plus scoring some popularity points. Let me assure you this is No ‘band-wagon’...

You didn't just kill the joke, you broke it's spirit, raped it's wife and kids, then salted the English language so that no jokes could spring forth again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god moisallgood, your terrifying accusations make me want to go into a corner and bring forth profuse tears of inadequacy and grief whilst beating my breast and berating myself over the dead body of a once awe-inspiring forum. Before I dig myself into an early grave so as to nourish with my corpse the poisoned soil of the English language, would it be too much to ask why you have this opinion of my admittedly but intentionally cheesy cackness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    Not all ... only those whose wit was bog standard.
    The use of a smiley in place of a wittiscism surely means that you would be the first to go. And all this talk of how to kill a Hydra! Ive never heard such banal dross in all my life! Hardly the sharp and witty talk of one who perports to be immune from a hypothetical execution of those with diminished wit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshworkinghard)
    The use of a smiley in place of a wittiscism surely means that you would be the first to go. And all this talk of how to kill a Hydra! Ive never heard such banal dross in all my life! Hardly the sharp and witty talk of one who perports to be immune from a hypothetical execution of those with diminished wit!
    From your predictable response I can only assume that jealousy is rampant for the vast knowledge of hydra extermination procedures that myself and Aenor possess. I would advise you thus: "Do not mock what you do not understand".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Ironically, I think this is one of the least humorous threads on TSR.
    Intriguingly, 'wit' and 'humour' are not synonymous: 'wit' denotes, nominally, a form of glib percipience; humour, its object. To whit, I have found these pithy [petty?] altercations to be quite amusing in their own right (moisallgood's contributions excepted; I had been under the prior apprehension that blunt objects were the discerning swordsman's preferred media for sharpening, which fact might go on to explain the obtusity self-evident in his own ripostes, but nevermind).

In any case: inasmuch as we strive for irony via every discernible avenue, I shall construe that as a compliment. Carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I doubt that would be wise: I'm actually more verbose when drunk and, some might say, accordingly more likely to suffer a grievous injury (it suffices to say that the two are somewhat inter-related).
    Grievous injury you say? I encourage you to commence inebriation of yourself immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Would you like to buy us the first round, Mrs P?

ReputationRep:
    Can I Join??

ReputationRep:
    Such sacrilege!! Joining this esteemed society is not merely a matter of asking. You have to prove yourself worthy of such an honour.

ReputationRep:
    Such sacrilege!! Joining this esteemed society is not merely a matter of asking. You have to prove yourself worthy of such an honour.
    My self esteem would not allow me to ask twice!

Btw, it is your loss

ReputationRep:
    Are you yourself actually a member of said esteemed society, Undry1? Am I? How do you know when the honour has been bestowed?

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have no idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenor)
    Are you yourself actually a member of said esteemed society, Undry1? Am I? How do you know when the honour has been bestowed?
    Ill trust his judgement!

ReputationRep:
    It would be premature of me to bestow the 'honour' of membership upon those who have not actually expressed an interest in being thus inaugurated. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    Ill trust his judgement!
    I wouldn't advise this

ReputationRep:
    If you want I'll make you a member. There might have to be some sort of initiation ceremony involving swords. Or maybe rapiers as it's the wit society.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't advise this
    A person who knows he could be mistaking, very wise...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't advise this
    Of course; it being the precise reason that Undry1 is as yet uncounted among said 'esteemed membership', such a response is altogether not without rhyme or reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    It would be premature of me to bestow the 'honour' of membership upon those who have not actually expressed an interest in being thus inaugurated. :rolleyes:
    I like to earn somthing rather than it be "given"

Tell me how to earn it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.