Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has izzie taken over since her new appointment of extra power in the wit office?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshworkinghard)
    If you are sad about that then you are sad in both senses of the word.
    haha very funny:rolleyes:

If izzy thinks im not good enough then ill be sad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    haha very funny:rolleyes:

If izzy thinks im not good enough then ill be sad...
    you are more than good enough :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Can I be a member of the Wit Society? Please?

Moi

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a sort of application prcess first. To 'wit'-tle down the huge numbers of potential applicants. I'm very sorry for the pun, by the way, but these things happen.

(Original post by Lysander)
    I think there's a sort of application prcess first. To 'wit'-tle down the huge numbers of potential applicants. I'm very sorry for the pun, by the way, but these things happen.
    You are a tWit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    You are a tWit.
    If only this was the "Wat" Society :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But calling it the 'Shining Wat' society works not nearly so well. (You wanted a battle of wits from people wanting to join, right? As Mother Nature said to the impotent man, no hard feelings, eh?)

(Original post by Lysander)
    But calling it the 'Shining Wat' society works not nearly so well. (You wanted a battle of wits from people wanting to join, right? As Mother Nature said to the impotent man, no hard feelings, eh?)
    I stand corrected. Said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.

ReputationRep:
    My name is cliff. Said the man with the seagull on his head. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ah, the jokes are killing me, or perhaps thats the arsenic i've been taking

ReputationRep:
    i see i've lived up to my title, i'm sorry about this, i'll try and get it going again

EDIT: or rather, i'll leave it to other people, not too good with the wit thing, it's like tryin to take a piss when you got nothin with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    i see i've lived up to my title, i'm sorry about this, i'll try and get it going again

EDIT: or rather, i'll leave it to other people, not too good with the wit thing, it's like tryin to take a piss when you got nothin with me
    My philosophy: if you can demean and disparage someone in a pertinent fashion, likelihood is that they deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh joy....people posessed of "wit", stimulated by cerebral actobatics and implicitly disparaging diction....no place for exotic dancers then?

ReputationRep:
    since when is wit the use of big words? You can be perfectly witty useing simpler ones that the dross of society of me might understand. Youve only shown that you know nothing of wit by posting this :rolleyes:, rather that You lack the ingenuity to understand wit.

ReputationRep:
    buttock for example?

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    well arnt you the funny one?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you're too kind :girl:

ReputationRep:
    What a potentially interesting society...but from the first post, am I to assume that in just under six months the members list has grown to a staggering...lemme double-check here...ten? Did you ever consider raising the standard to exclude the less intellectually gifted? Or have the hordes of applicants just managed to slip in under your radar, o esteemed founder? For goodness sake - this society's a joke! Everyone trying to be as pompous as possible with a few cleverly worded, arrogant snipes at a few members, which you try and call wit. Rubbish. IMHO of course.

ReputationRep:
    Alas, the wit society's neither witty nor a society.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.