(Original post by FlyingIsis)
:marchmell <---can he join? He´s suprisingly wittier than the average pudding
^^^ lol - best thing on this thread!
FlyingIsis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
does this mean I can infact be added to the 'subalterns' roster?....oh go on Profesh, you eloquent beast...
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Goodness me; should this rampant proliferation continue, we're going to need an official icon.
HearTheThunder
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Actually, since re-vamping the hierarchy, 'punnery' is now officially the lowest form of wit.
I didn't actually notice I'd done that

See that's how good I am, making puns without realising :rolleyes:
cottonmouth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've read practically all of the posts on here, and the amount of laughs that left me- zero. Puts paid to the "wit" part of the society i'd say. Perhaps this should just be the society for people who like to use long words and create over- complicated syntax. Note to a few people on here- being intelligent and being able to use long words and sentences does NOT make you witty!
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by cottonmouth)
I've read practically all of the posts on here, and the amount of laughs that left me- zero. Puts paid to the "wit" part of the society i'd say. Perhaps this should just be the society for people who like to use long words and create over- complicated syntax. Note to a few people on here- being intelligent and being able to use long words and sentences does NOT make you witty!
Hence I am given to scrutinise outside the confines of this mere thread: not that this wields any impact where you're concerned.
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:toofunny: Muppets.

Perhaps, "puppets" would be a more appropriate word. It is quite obvious Profesh has you on strings; some of you realise, some of you don't. It's the many few of you who don't, which is what worries me.
Pixelated
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've read practically all of the posts on here
How sad you are... I became bored after the first; the thread reeks of "farce".
cottonmouth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pixelated)
:toofunny: Muppets.

Perhaps, "puppets" would be a more appropriate word. It is quite obvious Profesh has you on strings; some of you realise, some of you don't. It's the many few of you who don't, which is what worries me.
"many few"!?!?!?!?!?!?! which is it my friend?
yo-less
Badges: 2
Report 14 years ago
i get the feeling some people are trying to sounds intelligent and failing abysmally :rolleyes:
FlyingIsis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh will you all stop bickering, and be soothed by the gentle skippings of my lil saccharine freind.....:marchmell
and...
why dont the said critics offer an example of this seemingly elusive wit??
Pixelated
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I meant what I wrote, my friend. Think beyond the realms of logic, and it may make more sense.
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I meant what I wrote, my friend. Think beyond the realms of logic, and it may make more sense.
Translated for the commoner, this means "Im talking out of my arse"
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good sir, if intelligence and declamation are, indeed, no neccessary precursors to wit, then you have the capacity to rival Bierce.

But I concede your point: verbiage does not a witty man make, it simply serves to ameliorate.
Pixelated
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MR_JR)
Translated for the commoner, this means "Im talking out of my arse"
Up to a point, yes, I was. But, at the end of the day, the mistake was paltry, and was in fact blown well out of proportion. Alas this is TSR, where pedants are rife. :rolleyes:
Profesh
Rep:
?
Up to a point, yes, I was. But, at the end of the day, the mistake was paltry, and was in fact blown well out of proportion. Alas this is TSR, where pedants are rife. :rolleyes:
Good sir, if intelligence and declamation are, indeed, no neccessary precursors to wit, then you have the capacity to rival Bierce.
Oh, right.

*necessary
foxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Profesh, my good man. Would there be a possibility in myself joining your most wonderful society?
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by foxo)
Profesh, my good man. Would there be a possibility in myself joining your most wonderful society?
Certainly; or, should I say, 'certainty'.
foxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Certainly; or, should I say, 'certainty'.
Ah, wonderful. I am most grateful for this ego-enhancing opportunity.
yo-less
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
:ditto:
i'm reduced to this :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.78%
Better than expected (93)
20.67%
Worse than expected (241)
53.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise