TSR 'Wit' Society Watch

bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't get too disheartened - I'm a mountain biker, so therefore I have brain cells.
The fact that you do not know what the Greenland flag looks like probably indicates the fact that you spend little or even no time IN Greenland. Incase you want to try and develop that pitiful IQ, it is symbolistic of the diurnal solar conditions the region lives under due to its arctic location.
vierstein
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ah interesting, and the red colour?

you may be able to explain being a biker, but I think conservative isn't quite as easy to shake off.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
due to the angle the sun during the interstitial periods the light is red (diffraction of light - same reason it looks blue to us).
What is wrong with conservative coincidentally? perhaps some belief in tradition and love for your country is a very good thing - I'm sure you're Maori would tell you the same.
username21537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
due to the angle the sun during the interstitial periods the light is red (diffraction of light - same reason it looks blue to us).
What is wrong with conservative coincidentally? perhaps some belief in tradition and love for your country is a very good thing - I'm sure you're Maori would tell you the same.
The BNP hold the same views...
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes - they do.
Like the BNP, I love my country.
the difference is, I dont want to deport anyone who isn't white.
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
yes - they do.
Like the BNP, I love my country.
the difference is, I dont want to deport anyone who isn't white.
:embarassed:
hollowfloors
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How exactly do you determine whether potential members wit is up to your standards? Is there some form of wit test you have to pass? I have been told I'm witty- I could probably provide a reference if required. Would that be sufficent proof of my general wittiness?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can I Join? Please? Or do I have to prove something, somehow...?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hollowfloors)
How exactly do you determine whether potential members wit is up to your standards? Is there some form of wit test you have to pass? I have been told I'm witty- I could probably provide a reference if required. Would that be sufficent proof of my general wittiness?
can you provide a wit-ness to your wittiness ?

( how witty was that ? )

--------------
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am wheaty; does that count?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleff's Toy)
I am wheaty; does that count?
your black gem is quite witty
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
your black gem is quite witty
You should know; you've got something to compare yourself to .
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by A_Singh)
Can I Join? Please? Or do I have to prove something, somehow...?
You can have your support and appreciation affirmed as a sub-altern; from thereon in, promotion may or may not take place, at my sole discretion.
screenager
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nearly anyone can be witty on a forum if they want to be but it doesn't mean they are actually witty. The only thing you are doing is taking longer to type things. Also putting your IQ score in your signature? you seem quite arrogant to me and of course you are going to do your whole 'wit' thing on what I have said which is ok but it won't bother me that you are going to try and make it look like you are better than people when really you are the same.
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rewmck)
Nearly anyone can be witty on a forum if they want to be but it doesn't mean they are actually witty. The only thing you are doing is taking longer to type things. Also putting your IQ score in your signature? you seem quite arrogant to me and of course you are going to do your whole 'wit' thing on what I have said which is ok but it won't bother me that you are going to try and make it look like you are better than people when really you are the same.
As I am sure i have said lotsa times, wite is not the posesion of an extensive vocabulary. Like, that phrase doesnt make me anymore than pompous.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Nearly anyone can be witty on a forum if they want to be but it doesn't mean they are actually witty.
Nearly anyone can phrase something in the rhetorical form of a truism in order to beguile others as to its function as an opinion; that doesn't mean they are actually right. I should think that the number of people trying (and failing) to manifest 'wit' on this thread alone, if nothing else, suggests your having succumbed to a little fallacy that I like to call 'argumentum ad hyperbole'; and this is, of course, notwithstanding the fact that, for my present purposes, a given individual's credentials external to TSR can be nothing short of irrelevant: need I add that 'nearly anyone' may purport to hail from Northern Ireland, on an internet forum, without actually originating therefrom, or to be sixteen years of age?

The only thing you are doing is taking longer to type things.
Again, you are quite mistaken (and my reputation, I think, attests to this); although, that said, don't let the fact of your twenty-six posts deter you from delivering what you consider to be a 'fair' and 'balanced' verdict. (After all, some would say that it's all in the delivery.)

Also putting your IQ score in your signature? you seem quite arrogant to me
I happen to prefer it over the GCSE/A-Level grades seemingly favoured by everybody else: takes up less space, you see.

and of course you are going to do your whole 'wit' thing on what I have said which is ok but it won't bother me that you are going to try and make it look like you are better than people when really you are the same.
Ah, the perennial 'sour grapes' routine. Still, I can't complain: it saves on horse tranquilisers, while being about as efficient. Carry on!
cottonmouth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't worry, i find you endearing. Not that this lot would give you much credit for having me finding you endearing. Favourite part of your post? " and of course you are going to do your whole "wit" thing...."!
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by cottonmouth)
Don't worry, i find you endearing. Not that this lot would give you much credit for having me finding you endearing. Favourite part of your post? " and of course you are going to do your whole "wit" thing...."!
I, too, find him endearing: the quaint often are.
cottonmouth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
I, too, find him endearing: the quaint often are.
where does being patronising come on the "wit scale"?
Evil Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
probably between "useless" and "meh"

i'd liek to join too :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads