The Student Room Group

TSR 'Wit' Society

Scroll to see replies

So a definition of entertainment is of an intelligent person rambling on about the agricultural economy? Also, most artificial entertainments (i.e T.V) are manufactured by humans brains, hence meaning that it was designed to entertain, not to preach the words of the wit.
Reply 581
wit... i find... separates the smart from the able..
Reply 582
jakatak
wit... i find... separates the smart from the able..

Someday I'll be as smart as you.
Reply 583
p00p.. ure time will come.. meanwhile... be content with being smarter than me...
Reply 584
jakatak
p00p.. ure time will come.. meanwhile... be content with being smarter than me...

yes, poops time will come for him to release his verbal diarrrhea
Reply 585
ppl like sayin 'verbal diarrhea' here a lot...

anyway...
any1 heard any john maynard keynes quotes? hes an economist.. but they're supposed to be quite good..
Reply 586
jakatak
ppl like sayin 'verbal diarrhea' here a lot...

anyway...
any1 heard any john maynard keynes quotes? hes an economist.. but they're supposed to be quite good..

the phrase contradiction in terms springs to mind when one hears "economist" and "quite good...quotes"....

surely the us president who said "get me a one armed economist so i wont have to hear "on the other hand"... had his finger on the (red?!) button
MrSpanky
Ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is power

And knowledge is of your own, not of other mens, please do not use others quotes, as obviously you cannot forsee them.
Reply 588
Toscar
the phrase contradiction in terms springs to mind when one hears "economist" and "quite good...quotes"....

surely the us president who said "get me a one armed economist so i wont have to hear "on the other hand"... had his finger on the (red?!) button

yes... i looked up keynes...

heres a relevant quote..
"Like Odysseus, the President looked wiser when he was seated."
its so true
Reply 589
jakatak
yes... i looked up keynes...

heres a relevant quote..
"Like Odysseus, the President looked wiser when he was seated."
its so true

Which president was he referring to?

I know that Roosevelt was actually wheelchair-bound, so he's have had no choice (though amazingly the public at that time did not know he was wheelchair bound, either that's good PR, or people then were pretty dumb.)
Reply 590
Toscar
the phrase contradiction in terms springs to mind when one hears "economist"

Per se, I'd dare say; concomitant with 'obfuscatory' and 'ineffectual'.
May I join? I'm a huge fan of Oscar Wilde and most of my frineds describe as witty and slightly crazy!!
Obviously true by your spag.
alex_sgirl
May I join? I'm a huge fan of Oscar Wilde and most of my frineds describe as witty and slightly crazy!!

In my imagination, all my "frineds" tell me I am funnier than Omad Djalili, but that doesnt exactly make it so...
Reply 594
MR_JR
In my imagination, all my "frineds" tell me I am funnier than Omad Djalili, but that doesnt exactly make it so...

no ones funnier than Omid! :rofl:
What do I have to do to join?
alex_sgirl
What do I have to do to join?

Quite the opposite to what you've done in this thread, it seems.
Reply 597
Profesh, this is the wittiest thing I've read in quite a long time.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3965577&postcount=17

It calls for a replacement of the current example, if you ask me.
Teach me the ways of a wit, please. I have only learnt the crude art of innuendo and am keen to learn.
Reply 599
Evil-Tuna
Teach me the ways of a wit, please. I have only learnt the crude art of innuendo and am keen to learn.

Read the posts, and copy the techniques.

Quick Reply

Latest