Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I'd wager that qualifies.
    this'll probably make me sound stupid: is water an element though (chemically I mean... not in the element: fire, wind etc...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    this'll probably make me sound stupid: is water an element though (chemically I mean... not in the element: fire, wind etc...)
    No, it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    No, it isn't.
    didn't think so...

(I actually knew that...)

ReputationRep:
    can i join this wit society - i have a lot of frustration and it translates into my being terribly cutting - my sig was inspired by Mr White many moons ago but it was fitting today

ReputationRep:
    didn't think so...

(I actually knew that...)
    In that case, perhaps his should be oxygen; because clearly, he isn't getting enough of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wager that qualifies.
    In that case, perhaps his should be oxygen; because clearly, he isn't getting enough of it.
    hmmmmmm... *raises eyebrow*

ReputationRep:
    none of us get enough oxygen - we should breathe more deeply - everyone breathes more deeply during sex - we should all have sex more often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyPrince-type)
    can i join this wit society - i have a lot of frustration and it translates into my being terribly cutting - my sig was inspired by Mr White many moons ago but it was fitting today
    Examination for entry into the society is ongoing. We'll let you know, come the time, if you've qualified

ReputationRep:
    well i qualify by being a cynic - the same with the law society so nehhhhhhhh :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmm... *raises eyebrow*
    A tad dubious, perhaps. Nevertheless, I believe he meant 'element' in the Ancient Greek sense; and so, I let it slide. There was a modicum of wit underpinning that remark, to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. It was in reference to the Ancient Greek elements. I have done Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    A tad dubious, perhaps. Nevertheless, I believe he meant 'element' in the Ancient Greek sense; and so, I let it slide. There was a modicum of wit underpinning that remark, to be sure.
    wow your condescending manner almost convinces me that you meant to sound so cocksure - on the facts you probably are but there may yet be some chinks in the armour to exploit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    The ironic thing is that when you and Profesh write in a poncey way in an attempt to appear intelligent it becomes difficult to understand any of what you type.
    clearly it's cause you're thick as SH*T. just jealous of Profesh's articulacy. idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARCHK0VEN)
    clearly it's cause you're thick as SH*T. just jealous of Profesh's articulacy. idiot.
    someone woke up on the wrong side of life with that attitude - i think however there can be truth in both of your assessments

ReputationRep:
    someone woke up on the wrong side of life with that attitude - i think however there can be truth in both of your assessments
    no, it's just Lord Huntryode is a ****. no debate.

ReputationRep:
    nah - he's a decent bloke - just loves old boris johnson too much and is a conceited tory - we laugh heartily at such people rather than admonish them about their ways - don't take him too seriously - i didnt when i was here before

Heh, heh. My 48 lost rep points agree wholeheartedly.

ReputationRep:
    wow your condescending manner almost convinces me that you meant to sound so cocksure - on the facts you probably are but there may yet be some chinks in the armour to exploit
    Then find your hole, and exploit away :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    the only holes i find worth exploiting are generally attached to women i meet during the course of an evening out

ReputationRep:
    he is a nobjock. he keeps posting bout how his posts are always "grammatically sound". *** slurping urinal.
    nah you're right that sounds unforgiveably conceited and shortsighted

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.