Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BornUnderPunches)
    So, folks, what actually goes on in a society such as this?

I'm intrigued - is it just witty banter through and through?
    What goes on in such a society is indeed nothing less than the utmost perspicacious drollery one shall ever bear witness upon, and I utter this in a most unequivocal manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayOldPorridge)
    What goes on in such a society is indeed nothing less than the utmost perspicacious drollery one shall ever bear witness upon, and I utter this in a most unequivocal manner.
    Are you going to dye your hair ginger and 'pout' for photographs next?

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BornUnderPunches)
    Are you going to dye your hair ginger and 'pout' for photographs next?

:p:
    Maladroitly, I may have no choice but to resort to procurating the celebrious status such that Profesh is in possession of, and proclaim myself as the new, and most exalted ginger-haired potentate.

Although that would involve hair-dying, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Maladroitly, I may have no choice but to resort to procurating the celebrious status such that Profesh is in possession of, and proclaim myself as the new, and most exalted ginger-haired potentate.

Although that would involve hair-dying, yes.
    Nothing reeks of unoriginality than declaring yourself the new something-or-other.

You must find your own place in TSR's cyber-society, rather than trying (and failing) to become a weak imitation of someone you clearly admire.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't being serious, and I'd hoped that you'd have recognized that.

Just poking a bit of fun at the magniloquent mannerisms seen on this thread. You're right, perhaps it was unoriginal, but still..

I do wonder what happened to Profesh, though?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we can all joke, my friend...

Profesh was online earlier. I saw a post by him on something-or-other.

ReputationRep:
    Ah. Yes, but apparently he hasn't checked this thread in a few days.

Haven't I seen you in the Oxford forums before? With the penguin DP? Or maybe that was someone else.

EDIT: Oh, it is you. Quite a shame you're thinking of revoking your application; you should definitely give studying English in Oxford a chance.

Oh, and I know, this discourse appears to have foresaken any sense of witty-ness upon my arrival. A few pages before that, even.

ReputationRep:
    Ah. Yes, but apparently he hasn't checked this thread in a few days.

Haven't I seen you in the Oxford forums before? With the penguin DP? Or maybe that was someone else.

EDIT: Oh, it is you. Quite a shame you're thinking of revoking your application; you should definitely give studying English in Oxford a chance. Oh, and I know, this discourse has lost absolutely all sense of any witty-ness, although I should mention that it demoed almost none to commence with.
    Perhaps.

I'm not hard-working enough for Oxford. I don't know what I was thinking of applying there, really.

Anyway, Oxford can't have me - Bristol has my heart...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Macabre Vincent Price...)
    Perhaps.

I'm not hard-working enough for Oxford. I don't know what I was thinking of applying there, really.

Anyway, Oxford can't have me - Bristol has my heart...
    But have you actually seen Oxford University yet? And as long as you enjoy the course you're studying it shouldn't seem like such a workload. You never know; it may not be so bad as you imagine it, after all.

But, if you have your mind made up, and if you really have your heart set on Bristol, then I wish you the the best of luck in your pursuals. :]

ReputationRep:
    But have you actually seen Oxford University yet? And as long as you enjoy the course you're studying it shouldn't seem like such a workload. You never know; it may not be so bad as you imagine it, after all.

But, if you have your mind made up, and if you really have your heart set on Bristol, then I wish you the the best of luck in your pursuals. :]
    Thank you.

I enjoy the subjects I'm studying at the moment, but you really have no idea how lazy I am. I've done one essay in all four of my subjects since the start of term, and that was only because I needed one to send in to Oxford...

It just won't work I love Bristol anyway

ReputationRep:
    Oh my... this thread is literally dead.

EDIT: No, no... it's not.

ReputationRep:
    sweet. thread rigor mortis.
    Oh, sorry, got carried away there
    I'm interested in this Society, sounds... um... interesting. How does one go about becoming a member?

Is it not difficult to truly demonstrate wit when you've got forum time-lag to help you think of something smart to say?

ReputationRep:
    "Your Society Needs You!"

ReputationRep:
    can i join :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Jereboam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artemidoros)
    can i join :teeth:
    Bearing your teeth fully is a trans-species sign of aggression.

Aggression is a universal sign for assault, not joining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Bearing your teeth fully is a trans-species sign of aggression.

Aggression is a universal sign for assault, not joining.
    ok

plz? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artemidoros)
    ok

plz? :teeth:
    Speaking in tongues doesn't do the trick either.

English please, this is a UK-based forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Speaking in tongues doesn't do the trick either.

English please, this is a UK-based forum.
    k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    They must engage in an epic contest of comebacks; to which we, the Mutually-Esteemed Brethren, shall bear witness.
    I would like to join. What's all this challenge malarky about, then? Sounds good. Additionally, is there an existing grammar/Speak English You Lout society, or do I need to make one? I ask because I'd guess that Profesh, if anyone, would have made one! When one can receive a neg rep (admittedly a meaningless "neutralneg") bearing the text "ther woz no need 2 b a prik woz ther" for this, something must be done.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.