TSR 'Wit' Society

Watch
Erradhadh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
Why, no sir. I merely pass the semi-automatic pistol to you, and let you go first.
Whilst you try out the automatic, ma'am?
HCD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Erradhadh)
Whilst you try out the automatic, ma'am?
Why, yes. Whilst I try out the automatic on you.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
Why, yes. Whilst I try out the automatic on you.
Why, you do seem to question your affirmative quite a bit. Fear of getting caught red-handed for homicide a factor?
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why, you do seem to question your affirmative quite a bit. Fear of getting caught red-handed for homicide a factor?
If my hands were red because of your blood, I would be rewarded; not punished.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
If my hands were red because of your blood, I would be rewarded; not punished.
A witty remark to my communist origins not withstanding, I would like to point out that we aren't communicating by smoke signals, but by technological means - the computer.

I thought I would clear that up as your legal claims seem to be founded in the far past of developed countries.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A witty remark to my communist origins not withstanding, I would like to point out that we aren't communicating by smoke signals, but by technological means - the computer.

I thought I would clear that up as your legal claims seem to be founded in the far past of developed countries.
I think I should clear one thing up, as your language seems to be founded in the far past of a developed country; "not withstanding" is Middle English, and it has long since become one word, "notwithstanding".
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
I think I should clear one thing up, as your language seems to be founded in the far past of a developed country; "not withstanding" is Middle English, and it has long since become one word, "notwithstanding".
The gravitas of your appreciation of English grammar relegates you to those denizens of TSR who go about chastising about "mispelled" words and "incorect" typos due to their inability to strucuture an actual thought.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The gravitas of your appreciation of English grammar relegates you to those denizens of TSR who go about chastising about "mispelled" words and "incorect" typos due to their inability to strucuture an actual thought.
You're right, I've never been able to "strucuture" an actual thought, but I can structure thoughts just fine. Unlike yourself, apparently, who has the opposite problem; you can "strucuture" just fine, but you struggle to structure.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
You're right, I've never been able to "strucuture" an actual thought, but I can structure thoughts just fine. Unlike yourself, apparently, who has the opposite problem; you can "strucuture" just fine, but you struggle to structure.
Case in point; instead of struc(u)turing a thought, you focus on petty typos. These thoughts that you structure haven't yet been unveiled, so, ignoring faith, they do not exist.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Case in point; instead of struc(u)turing a thought, you focus on petty typos. These thoughts that you structure haven't yet been unveiled, so, ignoring faith, they do not exist.
If I were to unveil my beautifully architected thoughts to the likes of you, your meagre mind could not cope, I fear.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
If I were to unveil my beautifully architected thoughts to the likes of you, your meagre mind could not cope, I fear.
Next thing I know you'll be insulting my mother. You've diverged from the witty to the mundane.
Go to a bar and reveal your masculinity there, as your "beautifully architected thoughts" I doubt will make their appearance anytime soon.
Giga Flare
Badges: 8
Report 12 years ago
You've diverged from the witty to the mundane.
Still, at least he required divergence to reach the mundane; all you seem to have to do is press 'post' and mundanity ensues.

Did you take my advise and get surgery? I meant knee surgery, not brain surgery - although it seems you could benefit from both as you clearly have difficulty differentiating. Well, I can't say I'm surprised; you probably think anatomy is the "strucuture" of living things.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Next thing I know you'll be insulting my mother. You've diverged from the witty to the mundane.
Go to a bar and reveal your masculinity there, as your "beautifully architected thoughts" I doubt will make their appearance anytime soon.
Of course, telling me to go to a bar and reveal my masculinity is oh-so witty, and not cliché at all.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
Of course, telling me to go to a bar and reveal my masculinity is oh-so witty, and not cliché at all.
I didn't want to trouble your feeble mind to stir up thoughts; the effort might have ruined any ensuing banter -- entertaining with pathetic overtones.

(Original post by karesansui)
Still, at least he required divergence to reach the mundane; all you seem to have to do is press 'post' and mundanity ensues.

Did you take my advise and get surgery? I meant knee surgery, not brain surgery - although it seems you could benefit from both as you clearly have difficulty differentiating. Well, I can't say I'm surprised; you probably think anatomy is the "strucuture" of living things.
Well, the mundanity, or cultural sophistication achieved through experience, of my thoughts is apparent. Anyone lucid enough to type would characterize my posts as such. Commonplace and ordinary is your lack of clarity in word use; funny how words have several meanings.

Ah, well, I cannot blame someone who has already reaping the rewards of lobotomy to distinguish the effects of knee versus brain surgery - and the either static nature or loss of cognitive ability that, respectively, coincides with each procedure.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't want to trouble your feeble mind to stir up thoughts; the effort might have ruined any ensuing banter -- entertaining with pathetic overtones.
Observe, children; the "less feeble minded than thou" approach which this dear soul did decry but moments ago. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
Observe, children; the "less feeble minded than thou" approach which this dear soul did decry but moments ago. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
I recall a time and place not long ago when sire has done the same, but chauvinistic is his game, and man does not protest:

(Original post by HCD)
No, no, man does not protest, but yawls of his superiority.
A protest too weak a word to call, revolution is thy name.

And, that children, reminds - hypocrisy is commonplace, bound to man, like denseness does those that practice it, unable to rely on naught else.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I recall a time and place not long ago when sire has done the same, but chauvinistic is his game, and man does not protest:

No, no, man does not protest, but yawls of his superiority.
A protest too weak a word to call, revolution is thy name.

And, that children, reminds - hypocrisy is commonplace, bound to man, like denseness does those that practice it, unable to rely on naught else.
You appear to have missed the point so magnificently as to have displaced it to infinity. My point was that you yourself had decried my own "less feeble-minded than thou" post, and then went on to post your own such post.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Well, the mundanity, or cultural sophistication achieved through experience, of my thoughts is apparent. Anyone lucid enough to type would characterize my posts as such. Commonplace and ordinary is your lack of clarity in word use; funny how words have several meanings.
Facile has long been a personal favourite of mine.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
You appear to have missed the point so magnificently as to have displaced it to infinity. My point was that you yourself had decried my own "less feeble-minded than thou" post, and then went on to post your own such post.
And I myself was then belligerently attacked by you yourself for doing quite the same.

The definition of hypocrisy exemplified you are.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Facile has long been a personal favourite of mine.
Insincerity and pleasantness tramp hand and hand - facile hand is both quick and easy, and, in gambling, quite conniving too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (195)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.66%
I still don't know (100)
17.06%

Watched Threads