Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    I would like to join. What's all this challenge malarky about, then? Sounds good. Additionally, is there an existing grammar/Speak English You Lout society, or do I need to make one? I ask because I'd guess that Profesh, if anyone, would have made one! When one can receive a neg rep (admittedly a meaningless "neutralneg") bearing the text "ther woz no need 2 b a prik woz ther" for this, something must be done.
    If there is a challenge that actually does exist, I will throw myself into it with full force.

I do not know if such a society exists, but there does exist a need for it. (Maybe an economist will tell me why it isn't filled?)

(Original post by Erradhadh)
    If there is a challenge that actually does exist, I will throw myself into it with full force.
    Oh, good; in that case, my challenge to you is a brick wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karesansui)
    Making sense of your posts is as challenging as playing chicken against a brick wall. Perhaps more so.

ReputationRep:
    That I ponder throwing myself against, but then step over it, leaving you rather peeved on the other side.
    I never said I would throw myself at it mindlessly.

(Original post by HCD)
    Making sense of your posts is as challenging as playing chicken against a brick wall. Perhaps more so.
    You are prone to playing Russian Roulette with all chambers full, then?

(Original post by HCD)
    Yes. I can imagine that for a person of your IQ, that could pose quite a quandary. Don't forget to sleep, won't you?

That I ponder throwing myself against, but then step over it, leaving you rather peeved on the other side.
    I never said I would throw myself at it mindlessly.
    Oh, then pardon me; I would suggest you try surgery.

ReputationRep:
    You are prone to playing Russian Roulette with all chambers full, then?
    Why, no sir. I merely pass the semi-automatic pistol to you, and let you go first.

Yes. I can imagine that for a person of your IQ, that could pose quite a quandary. Don't forget to sleep, won't you?
    I think it is you who should rest, for your brain seems to be failing already.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, then pardon me; I would suggest you try surgery.
    Well, not all of us can be missing our frontal lobes like you. Lobotomy suits you, though -- there's not all these pesky things called thoughts flying about your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    Why, no sir. I merely pass the semi-automatic pistol to you, and let you go first.
    Whilst you try out the automatic, ma'am?

ReputationRep:
    Whilst you try out the automatic, ma'am?
    Why, yes. Whilst I try out the automatic on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    Why, yes. Whilst I try out the automatic on you.
    Why, you do seem to question your affirmative quite a bit. Fear of getting caught red-handed for homicide a factor?

ReputationRep:
    Why, you do seem to question your affirmative quite a bit. Fear of getting caught red-handed for homicide a factor?
    If my hands were red because of your blood, I would be rewarded; not punished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    If my hands were red because of your blood, I would be rewarded; not punished.
    A witty remark to my communist origins not withstanding, I would like to point out that we aren't communicating by smoke signals, but by technological means - the computer.

I thought I would clear that up as your legal claims seem to be founded in the far past of developed countries.

ReputationRep:
    A witty remark to my communist origins not withstanding, I would like to point out that we aren't communicating by smoke signals, but by technological means - the computer.

I thought I would clear that up as your legal claims seem to be founded in the far past of developed countries.
    I think I should clear one thing up, as your language seems to be founded in the far past of a developed country; "not withstanding" is Middle English, and it has long since become one word, "notwithstanding".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    I think I should clear one thing up, as your language seems to be founded in the far past of a developed country; "not withstanding" is Middle English, and it has long since become one word, "notwithstanding".
    The gravitas of your appreciation of English grammar relegates you to those denizens of TSR who go about chastising about "mispelled" words and "incorect" typos due to their inability to strucuture an actual thought.

ReputationRep:
    The gravitas of your appreciation of English grammar relegates you to those denizens of TSR who go about chastising about "mispelled" words and "incorect" typos due to their inability to strucuture an actual thought.
    You're right, I've never been able to "strucuture" an actual thought, but I can structure thoughts just fine. Unlike yourself, apparently, who has the opposite problem; you can "strucuture" just fine, but you struggle to structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    You're right, I've never been able to "strucuture" an actual thought, but I can structure thoughts just fine. Unlike yourself, apparently, who has the opposite problem; you can "strucuture" just fine, but you struggle to structure.
    Case in point; instead of struc(u)turing a thought, you focus on petty typos. These thoughts that you structure haven't yet been unveiled, so, ignoring faith, they do not exist.

ReputationRep:
    Case in point; instead of struc(u)turing a thought, you focus on petty typos. These thoughts that you structure haven't yet been unveiled, so, ignoring faith, they do not exist.
    If I were to unveil my beautifully architected thoughts to the likes of you, your meagre mind could not cope, I fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    If I were to unveil my beautifully architected thoughts to the likes of you, your meagre mind could not cope, I fear.
    Next thing I know you'll be insulting my mother. You've diverged from the witty to the mundane.
    Go to a bar and reveal your masculinity there, as your "beautifully architected thoughts" I doubt will make their appearance anytime soon.

You've diverged from the witty to the mundane.
    Still, at least he required divergence to reach the mundane; all you seem to have to do is press 'post' and mundanity ensues.

Did you take my advise and get surgery? I meant knee surgery, not brain surgery - although it seems you could benefit from both as you clearly have difficulty differentiating. Well, I can't say I'm surprised; you probably think anatomy is the "strucuture" of living things.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.