TSR 'Wit' Society Watch

Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by SexyPrince-type)
the only holes i find worth exploiting are generally attached to women i meet during the course of an evening out
"The Force is strong with this one." :rolleyes:
ARCHK0VEN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nah you're right that sounds unforgiveably conceited and shortsighted
i meant he is too arrogant, yet he tells Profesh tht he cant understand him presumably because Profesh uses words which are too long for his half a brain cell to decipher
SexyPrince-type
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ARCHK0VEN)
i meant he is too arrogant, yet he tells Profesh tht he cant understand him presumably because Profesh uses words which are too long for his half a brain cell to decipher
perhaps - but this is all immaterial - in real life you could all be gibbering fools when it comes to communicating your ideas about politics and life
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
can I just mention that there is a mistake in the title of the thread
and Profesh if you look at your sig you might figure it out... ...just as long as the topic is communication
SexyPrince-type
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
and Profesh if you look at your sig you might figure it out... ...just as long as the topic is communication
communication is a vital part of wit - that goes for oral and written
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the only holes i find worth exploiting are generally attached to women i meet during the course of an evening out
Should that be inter-course?

Anyway, what is it with this thread? It's got this vibe to it that makes you want to type in this really "poncey" way.
ThePenguinMafia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by izzy_hattie)
negative repping is evil. it makes me angry...
Little green things (or, in the case of the unpopular, red) should have an effect on *all* our emotions. Why settle for mere anger
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thank you for that...
I've never claimed to be witty or quite frankly even try to be.
The way I see it proclaiming yourself to be witty just proves that you're not...
You are witty when that characteristic is obvious enough that it can remain unsaid yet still be evident... unfortunately that isn't me... *shrugs for a lack of better thing to do*
goblin paste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Profesh thinks he can pass as a kung fu master on the grounds that he is grammatically correct and elabourately verbose. However, members need not remain flabbergasted by this elegant display, as an extensive vocabulary and attentive approach to verbal composition can often be used to compensate for a lack of said wit, or a small penis.
Profesh
Rep:
?
I'd esteem the difference between 'TSR' and 'TSR's' as residing within the bounds of 'negligible' and/or 'arbitrary'.

Unless your criticism lies elsewhere?
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
And so, it begins. I, Self-Esteemed Founding Member, hereby proclaim the official TSR 'Wit' Society to have come into effect. Of course, I shall hereby make use of this opportunity to relinquish and and all claims of superiority which deign to be anything less than patently self-evident. I do this, in accordance with my peerless humility; not to mention, boundless and omnibenevolent wisdom.

But, enough modesty: this thread will serve as a proving ground, for would-be associates. They must engage in an epic duel of comebacks, to which we, the Mutually-Esteemed Brethren, shall bear witness. After a prolonged period, during which their manifold defects will be exposed to all and sundry for the purpose of rubbing with as much salt as we can muster, one of two outcomes will befall them: either, they are accepted; or, if not, they may subsequently proceed to self-euthanise in a manner of our choosing. Naturally, I characteristically espouse razor wire; but of course, such prerogatives are, as ever, open to innovation/interpretation/suggestion: gratuitous and unwarranted neg' repping may also be considered.

Once inaugurated, you are thenceforth free to include an appropriate acknowledgement, in your sig'. And remember, the immortal slogan: "Equal discrimination, for all"!
I should ask to join, were it not for the fact that I should be ashamed to belong to a society which would have me as a member...

Aitch
Profesh
Rep:
?
I frequently find others' miscommunication to be an equally vital exponent; gossip_girl being the case in point.
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by glance)
Anyway, what is it with this thread? It's got this vibe to it that makes you want to type in this really "poncey" way.
It's got that whole debating-society buzz about it, hasn't it?
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd esteem the difference between 'TSR' and 'TSR's' as residing within the bounds of 'negligible' and/or 'arbitrary'.

Unless your criticism lies elsewhere?
no that was it really... *again shrugs*(seem to be doing that a lot lately)

then change your signature, be consistent!
TKR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goblin paste)
Profesh thinks he can pass as a kung fu master on the grounds that he is grammatically correct and elabourately verbose. However, members need not remain flabbergasted by this elegant display, as an extensive vocabulary and attentive approach to verbal composition can often be used to compensate for a lack of said wit, or a small penis.
fantastic, best post i've read all day. thank you
Profesh
Rep:
?
no that was it really... *again shrugs*(seem to be doing that a lot lately)

then change your signature, be consistent!
I am consistently apathetic. Will that do?
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am consistently apathetic. Will that do?
wouldn't have expected anything less...
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by goblin paste)
'Can' being the operative word, here. Personally, I prefer to operate within the constraints of this forum, in terms of what is expressly self-evident; otherwise, formerly 'witty' discourse runs the risk of devolving into glorified "yo mamma"-ism and base hypocrisy. Of course, one should feel free to extrapolate, from time to time; albeit, in the knowledge that the efficacy and potency of one's retorts (in insult terms) may be somewhat diluted, as a consequence.

But let it be said that yours is an intriguing hypothesis, nonetheless :rolleyes:
Profesh
Rep:
?
wouldn't have expected anything less...
Well, I must say that I'm sorry to hear that. I aim to disappoint.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I must say that I'm sorry to hear that. I aim to disappoint.
You did. I prefer being surprised.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.88%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.19%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.68%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.8%

Watched Threads