Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
Roffle.
Will7805
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why is this the "'Wit' Society" and not the "Wit Society?" Surely having that punctuation implies that this is more like the "'Sarcasm Society!'."
ahq
Report 10 years ago
It indicates a sophisticated accent, tbh.

No, I dunno. Why is it 'W....t'?
Metallicaddict
Report 10 years ago
Because we as a group have come together to define the term 'Wit'.
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Withered wit indeed :beard:
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wit is overrated :yawn:
Mr Snips
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hasan)
Wit is overrated :yawn:
Is halfwit is half as overrated?
ahq
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mr Snips)
Is halfwit is half as overrated?
No, twice as.
CLEE_F
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Hands up who else uses their "witty eloquence" to "win over people in the real world"? Just wondering whether or not I'm the only one.
hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahhah ahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahh ahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhah ahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhah ahahhhahahahhahahahahhahahahhaha hahahhahhahahahhahahahha
lol hahahaha
don't pretend that was an ironic thing to say note how people are laughing at you and not with you - you're not witty
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by CLEE_F)
hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahhah ahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahh ahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhah ahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhah ahahhhahahahhahahahahhahahahhaha hahahhahhahahahhahahahha
lol hahahaha
don't pretend that was an ironic thing to say note how people are laughing at you and not with you - you're not witty
Mm-hm. Enjoy your ban.
ahq
Report 10 years ago
Hands up who else uses their "witty eloquence" to "win over people in the real world"? Just wondering whether or not I'm the only one.
:me: :yep:
emerset
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You know why this lugubrious gathering lacks life, wit is a zesty fresh live deliciously twisted train of thought. not some canned words and in no way official.
ahq
Report 10 years ago
:yup:
mathew551
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Metallicaddict)
Because we as a group have come together to define the term 'Wit'.
I haven't.
Becksy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
This is a silly idea for a society. The point of wit is that you use it against stupid people who don't understand, that way the effectiveness is infinitely greater.
Have you not read the scripture?

Proverbs 27:17

17 As wit sharpens wit,
so one man sharpens another.
Becksy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I (in)sincerely apologise in advance for quoting old posts.

When gossip_girl watches 'Have I Got News For You', and fails to laugh. That, my friend, is 'wit'.

It may also be defined in terms of what Mark Lamarr isn't.
It is rather amusing that you have brought up the dissimilarities between Gossip Girl and the world of witty people, when the majority of talk here has consisted of catty remarks. I suppose that wit is this form of verbal exhange you can witness in GG, only dressed up in a vinergerette and slidden into back pockets of unsuspecting chimps who don't seem to be aware, let alone comprehend. Am I right? Possibly. Am I coherent? Maybe not. Am I in a foreign land? Definately, for I didn't realise untill today that this existed on TSR. This society is like a rare gem deemed to be worth millions, lets just hope that it doesn't turn out to be a fake. :yes:
Becksy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
"With great power, comes great responsibilty - Peter Parker's dad (or was it uncle, and why did I watch these films?)

I would use this power if I possessed it. :eek3:
faber niger
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Becksy)
I (in)sincerely apologise in advance for quoting old posts.
Well, since you just quoted the Bible, it seems that it's a recurring problem, so I suppose that we can forgive you.
Becksy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jismith1989)
Well, since you just quoted the Bible, it seems that it's a recurring problem, so I suppose that we can forgive you.
For your kindness, I shall be indebted to you - take all I have: a few copper coins and a brain running low on battery.

Unfortunately, quoting posts belonging to the prehistoric era is not my only habit. I am also addicted to self deprecation. What is even worse than this is having Rehab by Amy Winehouse stuck in my head. :eek3:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads