(Original post by Natalie Lane)
You did.
Aww, shucks. *blushes a rich shade of crimson*
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This is a silly idea for a society. The point of wit is that you use it against stupid people who don't understand, that way the effectiveness is infinitely greater.
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
This is a silly idea for a society. The point of wit is that you use it against stupid people who don't understand, that way the effectiveness is infinitely greater.
I am under the impression that Mr White invented wit. So I am torn...
goblin paste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thekillersrock)
fantastic, best post i've read all day. thank you
Ahhh, yes, doesn't it make you feel much more comfortable when you believe your intellectual superiors are but charlatans with small penises.

With my help the ignorant will never have troubled sleep.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
I am under the impression that Mr White invented wit. So I am torn...
A true master is so confident in his prowess, that he has no need to display it unless under the direst of circumstances.
Johnny 5
Report 15 years ago
A true master is so confident in his prowess, that he has no need to display it unless under the direst of circumstances.
Yoda, or Mr. Myagi?
glance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmm. Fancy joining the society?
Kind of you But I'm not really one for societies.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yoda, or Mr. Myagi?
No, just pretension.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I trust you won't be joining, then?

Of course, membership does not preclude one from lambasting the multitudinous morons; indeed, there appears no dearth of blunt objects upon which to sharpen one's proverbial rapier. But what's the use of sharpening, if there's no-one around to duel? Steeling oneself for a challenge that never arrives? There must be more to wit than that, surely :rolleyes:?

Besides which, there's always the 'shared interests' hypothesis. 'Together, we're stronger', as S.L. so memorably proclaimed.
Profesh
Rep:
?
In short, the society exists, not simply to acknowledge or affirm wit - for, to paraphrase yourself, the true master neither needs nor requires such affirmation - but rather, to revel in it. And I, for one, am partial to a bit of revelry.

Surely, you can appreciate that?
goblin paste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shadowkin)
like pigs rolling in their own filth. delightful.
Witty can be funny, and funny makes me feel good, and feeling good is nice, not filthy, so don't rain on our parades, you meanie!
Profesh
Rep:
?
like pigs rolling in their own filth. delightful.
We prefer to observe the pigs from afar, roll our eyes, and toss them a glib aside, before returning ourselves to more elevated pursuits
Johnny 5
Report 15 years ago
Is there an updated list of members, and is it in any way different from the last one?
TKR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goblin paste)
Ahhh, yes, doesn't it make you feel much more comfortable when you believe your intellectual superiors are but charlatans with small penises.

With my help the ignorant will never have troubled sleep.
wow. you're an arrogant hypocrite. cool.
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by thekillersrock)
wow. you're an arrogant hypocrite. cool.
It could be love.

Five: I'll be PMing you the proposed candidates, for approval, in a few minutes' time.
muncrun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Profesh,

I've only read the first two pages of this thread, so excuse me if you don't deem me worthy of posting on page six (however, I hardly imagine your posts suddenly turn into Tolstoy further down the line).

One thing seems strikingly clear: you manifestly fail to display any worthy form of wit yourself. This thread seems like a pompous creation of yours upon which to hoist yourself up onto a pedestal and gain some elusive kind of respect from others.

Give us all a break, please...
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by muncrun)
Profesh,

I've only read the first two pages of this thread, so excuse me if you don't deem me worthy of posting on page six (however, I hardly imagine your posts suddenly turn into Tolstoy further down the line).

One thing seems strikingly clear: you manifestly fail to display any worthy form of wit yourself. This thread seems like a pompous creation of yours upon which to hoist yourself up onto a pedestal and gain some elusive kind of respect from others.

Give us all a break, please...
Oh dear. Where did all the fun go?
Profesh
Rep:
?
All those who expressed an interest: consult the first post in the cycle. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
haha, well said.
ThePenguinMafia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I bet I'm short listed aren't I? (seeing as I put you on my wonderful sig list)
If we were all to be asked what qualities are needed to produce wit, then I'm sure that saying you like somebody in your sig would score few points.

... if any.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (195)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.66%
I still don't know (100)
17.06%

Watched Threads