Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    You did.
    Aww, shucks. *blushes a rich shade of crimson*

ReputationRep:
    This is a silly idea for a society. The point of wit is that you use it against stupid people who don't understand, that way the effectiveness is infinitely greater.

(Original post by Mr White)
    This is a silly idea for a society. The point of wit is that you use it against stupid people who don't understand, that way the effectiveness is infinitely greater.
    I am under the impression that Mr White invented wit. So I am torn...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    fantastic, best post i've read all day. thank you
    Ahhh, yes, doesn't it make you feel much more comfortable when you believe your intellectual superiors are but charlatans with small penises.

With my help the ignorant will never have troubled sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I am under the impression that Mr White invented wit. So I am torn...
    A true master is so confident in his prowess, that he has no need to display it unless under the direst of circumstances.

A true master is so confident in his prowess, that he has no need to display it unless under the direst of circumstances.
    Yoda, or Mr. Myagi?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Fancy joining the society?
    Kind of you But I'm not really one for societies.

ReputationRep:
    Yoda, or Mr. Myagi?
    No, just pretension.

ReputationRep:
    I trust you won't be joining, then?

Of course, membership does not preclude one from lambasting the multitudinous morons; indeed, there appears no dearth of blunt objects upon which to sharpen one's proverbial rapier. But what's the use of sharpening, if there's no-one around to duel? Steeling oneself for a challenge that never arrives? There must be more to wit than that, surely :rolleyes:?

Besides which, there's always the 'shared interests' hypothesis. 'Together, we're stronger', as S.L. so memorably proclaimed.

ReputationRep:
    In short, the society exists, not simply to acknowledge or affirm wit - for, to paraphrase yourself, the true master neither needs nor requires such affirmation - but rather, to revel in it. And I, for one, am partial to a bit of revelry.

Surely, you can appreciate that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    The society exists, not simply to acknowledge or affirm wit, but rather, to revel in it.
    like pigs rolling in their own filth. delightful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    Witty can be funny, and funny makes me feel good, and feeling good is nice, not filthy, so don't rain on our parades, you meanie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    We prefer to observe the pigs from afar, roll our eyes, and toss them a glib aside, before returning ourselves to more elevated pursuits

Is there an updated list of members, and is it in any way different from the last one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goblin paste)
    Ahhh, yes, doesn't it make you feel much more comfortable when you believe your intellectual superiors are but charlatans with small penises.

With my help the ignorant will never have troubled sleep.
    wow. you're an arrogant hypocrite. cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    wow. you're an arrogant hypocrite. cool.
    It could be love.

Five: I'll be PMing you the proposed candidates, for approval, in a few minutes' time.

ReputationRep:
    Profesh,

I've only read the first two pages of this thread, so excuse me if you don't deem me worthy of posting on page six (however, I hardly imagine your posts suddenly turn into Tolstoy further down the line).

One thing seems strikingly clear: you manifestly fail to display any worthy form of wit yourself. This thread seems like a pompous creation of yours upon which to hoist yourself up onto a pedestal and gain some elusive kind of respect from others.

Give us all a break, please...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Five: I'll be PMing you the proposed candidates, for approval, in a few minutes' time.
    I bet I'm short listed aren't I? (seeing as I put you on my wonderful sig list)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    Profesh,

I've only read the first two pages of this thread, so excuse me if you don't deem me worthy of posting on page six (however, I hardly imagine your posts suddenly turn into Tolstoy further down the line).

One thing seems strikingly clear: you manifestly fail to display any worthy form of wit yourself. This thread seems like a pompous creation of yours upon which to hoist yourself up onto a pedestal and gain some elusive kind of respect from others.

Give us all a break, please...
    Oh dear. Where did all the fun go?

ReputationRep:
    All those who expressed an interest: consult the first post in the cycle. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.