?
Report 15 years ago
^^ bruce forsyth
annabellewalter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Due to my morris dancing and poo contributions to this forum, may I snuggle in to your society?
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
Due to my morris dancing and poo contributions to this forum, may I snuggle in to your society?
Ah, that was a veritable buffet for the mind. But of course, you may.
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iluvatar)
:rolleyes: ... sounds more like a half wit society than anything else...
Were you contemplating contributing the other half?
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Were you contemplating contributing the other half?
I've probably got a spare half a wit in my back pocket somewhere... although they do say in the land of the witless, the half wit is king...
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Someone on here once asked if they were being exceedingly dense regarding a query and I responded, "Yes, like a black hole."
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Someone on here once asked if they were being exceedingly dense regarding a query and I responded, "Yes, like a black hole."
:congrats::congrats::congrats:......... :rolleyes:
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Personally, I'm a black hole for limelight. But then, I guess that's somewhat self-evident :rolleyes:
j4mes_bond25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If Austin Powers was around, he would've said: Can I buy you a drink or shall we just shag?
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If James Bond was around, he would've said: Are you free tonight or will it cost me?
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If I was around, I would've said: Is that your perfume or the smell of passion?
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by j4mes_bond25)
If I was around, I would've said: Is that your perfume or the smell of passion?
Your enthusiasm is positively debilitating :rolleyes:
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Your enthusiasm is positively debilitating :rolleyes:
Not as far as the "members of opposite sex" are concerned, I can assure you
Profesh
Rep:
?
'Oooh...what's that I hear? A vague sucking noise as you disappear up your own arse? I think so.'

I am under the distinct impression that you somehow have me confused with the cerebral vacuum between your own ears. No matter: I often serve as a vessel for the displacement of others' intellectual frustrations. 'Google thesaurus', indeed.

It's tongue-in-cheek, people - for the love of all that is witty and good-humoured, calm yourselves down.
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
'Oooh...what's that I hear? A vague sucking noise as you disappear up your own arse? I think so.'

I am under the distinct impression that you somehow have me confused with the cerebral vacuum between your own ears. No matter: I often serve as a vessel for the displacement of others' intellectual frustrations. 'Google thesaurus', indeed.

It's tongue-in-cheek, people - for the love of all that is witty and good-humoured, calm yourselves down.
Every time I post here, I get red rep! Every time!
ClosetGinger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I see that your 'wit' society is slightly unpopular... tis a shame, couldn't you be witty without offending the public?
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by ClosetGinger)
I see that your 'wit' society is slightly unpopular... tis a shame, couldn't you be witty without offending the public?
Self-evidently, not. 'The public' positive rep' my incisive commentary; 'the public' also condemn me as an arrogant, conceited know-all. 'The public' revel in my eloquence and articulacy; 'the public' chide be for using gratuitous and 'purple' prose. 'The public' appreciate my forthright demeanour and absence of tact; 'the public' simultaneously vilify me for being 'rude' and 'horrible'.

If nothing else, one thing's for certain: you can't please all of the people, all of the time. They're positively liberal, when it comes to the negative rep; and yet, seemingly, fascists at heart. But it strikes an equilibrium, somewhere along the line; and for which, I am thankful.
SexyPrince-type
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Self-evidently, not. 'The public' positive rep' my incisive commentary; 'the public' also condemn me as an arrogant, conceited know-all. 'The public' revel in my eloquence and articulacy; 'the public' chide be for using gratuitous and 'purple' prose. 'The public' appreciate my forthright demeanour and absence of tact; 'the public' simultaneously vilify me for being 'rude' and 'horrible'.

If nothing else, one thing's for certain: you can't please all of the people, all of the time. They're positively liberal, when it comes to the negative rep; and yet, seemingly, fascists at heart. But it strikes an equilibrium, somewhere along the line; and for which, I am thankful.
the rep system makes the conceited impossible to get through a doorway for the size of their heads.
Profesh
Rep:
?
(Original post by SexyPrince-type)
the rep system makes the conceited impossible to get through a doorway for the size of their heads.
Case in point; perhaps it's for the best. Although, were their reasoning more valid, it might be for the better still.
Profesh
Rep:
?
'Grey rep' boy': I employ 'the public' in the format of an abstract concept; a pluralistic, multifarious and intellectually divergent body, intrinsically fickle in nature. Ergo, my point.

Simpleton.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (195)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.66%
I still don't know (100)
17.06%

Watched Threads