Poll: Do you hate doing coursework?
hell, yeah! (75)
57.25%
no - I like doing it (17)
12.98%
depends on subject (32)
24.43%
I just do the minimum - exams are more important (7)
5.34%
im so academic
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
GCSE-ers and A-Level-ers alike, who really loathes on the fact of doing coursework? Yes, they're an easier way of getting marks, but who, likes, hate doing it?

pokemonmaster
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
me, i'd rather do exams
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Me me me.

I'm an exam man through and through. I was up 'til like 5am yesterday morning doing c/w that was in for yesterday.

Get a great feeling when you finish it all though.
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i would've got an A* in stats and history had there been no coursework.
bitter.
gamer91
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
just work in general.
Deyn_08
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Me
dreading Biology CW
Grrrr.
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 21
Report 12 years ago
Who doesn't?
crazylemon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate it. Soo much work exams would be better. I wish you could do just one exam at the end of year 2 like you could in the old days.
reddevilleanne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm doing a National Diploma in Health and Social Care which is ALL coursework. 12 units in 2 years. So I do coursework everyday, I hate it.
sigstuff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate the type of coursework that drags on too long like the business coursework I'm doing now. Loved doing my geography coursework though...I chose 'depends on subject' although on the whole I'd rather avoid it.
Diabla
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
At GCSE I hated it, always used to get crap marks because I couldn't motivate myself to do it.
At A Level I'm quite enjoying it, I think because I've learnt how to manage my time better so I don't get as stressed over it, and I've realised that it can take a bit of the pressure off when it comes to doing exams.
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I prefer history/english coursework to music/art coursework
Kammy-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I absolutely hate it. I don't see it as getting easy marks either, I work much better in, and prefer exam conditions.
ChocolateFish
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I like coursework! I'm not good in exam situations, so working hard on coursework to get a good mark helps me relax as I know I have something to pull my mark up a bit
I've LOVED doing my English coursework especially for A Level. Firstly, an Angela Carter style story + commentary and this year an Alan Bennett style monologue + commentary!
led_zep_amh(121191)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Diabla)
At GCSE I hated it, always used to get crap marks because I couldn't motivate myself to do it.
At A Level I'm quite enjoying it, I think because I've learnt how to manage my time better so I don't get as stressed over it, and I've realised that it can take a bit of the pressure off when it comes to doing exams.
:ditto:
John05
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Always left until the last minute, requiring an all-nighter for an inadequate piece of work. I'd rather everything be based on exams. Although, English essays were quite enjoyable at times.
im so academic
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by crazylemon)
I hate it. Soo much work exams would be better. I wish you could do just one exam at the end of year 2 like you could in the old days.
:love: How I wish!

in the old days?! :eek: what person changed the system?
Grapevine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As a general rule I despise it. English coursework is OK, but anything like geography/business is just horrific.
crazylemon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
:love: How I wish!

in the old days?! :eek: what person changed the system?
By old days I mean when my parents did them back in the time when O levels existed
fallen angel9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love coursework, hate exams with a passion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (207)
57.34%
I don't have everything I need (154)
42.66%

Watched Threads