Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else doing that competition set by the government?
    It's all about shares, you can only take part if you're doing business studies. Apparantly, first prize is a trip to New York and there are about 40 000 people at least to take part...looks like we all have a good chance of winning.

Buy Royal bank of Scotland shares. And also Northern Rock. Read about it somewhere, they have like undervalued shares. And by Yokus shares, whilst theyre down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Buy Royal bank of Scotland shares. And also Northern Rock. Read about it somewhere, they have like undervalued shares. And by Yokus shares, whilst theyre down.
    Thanks
    I need to discuss it with my team members lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Thanks
    I need to discuss it with my team members lol
    Don't do such a thing, the millions that are made in shares are mostly done so on a hunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Don't do such a thing, the millions that are made in shares are mostly done so on a hunch.
    lol, I need to do my research before investing anyway. Just remember if I win, you're all invited .....soooo got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    lol, I need to do my research before investing anyway. Just remember if I win, you're all invited .....soooo got any tips?
    Don't do research! By the time you finish researching a company where the share price is low the price will have shot up again! Buy now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Don't do research! By the time you finish researching a company where the share price is low the price will have shot up again! Buy now!
    I do want to, but I feel like if i buy all ten shares now, then everyone else will be quite mad at me for doing it all and not having their choices.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Buy shares in Man Utd! Always guarranteed good dividends (not a good move if you want to make money by speculation though). A speculative winner might be Fulham FC, the upcoming club of the year, if Mr Fayed would be so kind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Buy shares in Man Utd! Always guarranteed good dividends (not a good move if you want to make money by speculation though). A speculative winner might be Fulham FC, the upcoming club of the year, if Mr Fayed would be so kind...
    Lol, i dont think its a good idea to buy shares in a football club. Too many people buy them. I need a less popular company that has chance of making profit.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy shares in Leeds Utd!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Don't buy shares in Leeds Utd!!
    Lol, I support Leeds. Well I used to, but I am not really interested anymore, not just because they are nearly bankrupt, it just got boring.
    I still have a Leeds scarf, maybe I could give it them back to help pay off their 40 million pounds debt, poor Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I support Leeds. Well I used to, but I am not really interested anymore, not just because they are nearly bankrupt, it just got boring.
    I still have a Leeds scarf, maybe I could give it them back to help pay off their 40 million pounds debt, poor Leeds.
    Oh, if only we hadn't bought so many players...! We'll be lucky not to get relegated...

"There is only one job worse than being the Tory Leader, and that's being Chief Exec of Leeds Utd."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Oh, if only we hadn't bought so many players...! We'll be lucky not to get relegated...

"There is only one job worse than being the Tory Leader, and that's being Chief Exec of Leeds Utd."
    lol

do you support Leeds also?
    I think all these debts started to happen after David O leary left, after that we started going down hill. We were doing pretty well before.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    do you support Leeds also?
    Yes, I do.
    Thing is, we spent too much money in the hope that we would become one of the best teams in Europe (which seemed plausible when we reached the semi finals of the Champions' League). But then we slipped a few places in the League and weren't generating the kind of revenue we needed to stay afloat (reaching the last 8 in the UEFA Cup and 5th place in the League weren't enough to balance our books). Now it just looks dreadful...
    --
    3-0 down to Arsenal at the moment too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Yes, I do.
    Thing is, we spent too much money in the hope that we would become one of the best teams in Europe (which seemed plausible when we reached the semi finals of the Champions' League). But then we slipped a few places in the League and weren't generating the kind of revenue we needed to stay afloat (reaching the last 8 in the UEFA Cup and 5th place in the League weren't enough to balance our books). Now it just looks dreadful...
    --
    3-0 down to Arsenal at the moment too.
    Argh that's not looking good. I was wondering how that was going. I think we will be finding ourselves in division 1 very shortly.
    What happens if Leeds actually goes bankrupt? Will they just not be a team anymore?
    Talking of shares, my dad has some shares in leeds, that he got ages ago, looks like he has lost his money there.

ReputationRep:
    Argh that's not looking good. I was wondering how that was going. I think we will be finding ourselves in division 1 very shortly.
    What happens if Leeds actually goes bankrupt? Will they just not be a team anymore?
    Talking of shares, my dad has some shares in leeds, that he got ages ago, looks like he has lost his money there.
    Lol we lost 4-1
    If we go bankrupt, we'll go into administration, so we'll still exist, but we'll just be very very poor (worse than at the moment). We'd also be docked 10 points (if that happened tomorrow, we'd be on -2!) However, if we really can't pay our debts back, we might go into liquidation, in which case the team would cease to exist

The best we can hope for is to survive this season and hope a Roman Arbramovich character comes along and saves us. I expect that we'll be relegated though, and, if we don't come straight back up, we'll go into administration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Lol we lost 4-1
    If we go bankrupt, we'll go into administration, so we'll still exist, but we'll just be very very poor (worse than at the moment). We'd also be docked 10 points (if that happened tomorrow, we'd be on -2!) However, if we really can't pay our debts back, we might go into liquidation, in which case the team would cease to exist

The best we can hope for is to survive this season and hope a Roman Arbramovich character comes along and saves us. I expect that we'll be relegated though, and, if we don't come straight back up, we'll go into administration.
    Arrrr 4-1 lol, that's bad, well I didn't expect them to beat Arsenal anyway.
    Do you go to any of their matches? The last time I went was when they played a friendly and won 4-1 lol, that was ages ago.
    I was really getting my hopes up for Leeds, they got some really good players like Fowler. Hmm maybe I should resort to Liverpool or something. But that wouldn't be a true fan lol.

ReputationRep:
    Arrrr 4-1 lol, that's bad, well I didn't expect them to beat Arsenal anyway.
    Do you go to any of their matches? The last time I went was when they played a friendly and won 4-1 lol, that was ages ago.
    I was really getting my hopes up for Leeds, they got some really good players like Fowler. Hmm maybe I should resort to Liverpool or something. But that wouldn't be a true fan lol.
    Liverpool??? Nehiiiiiiiiiii!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Liverpool??? Nehiiiiiiiiiii!!!
    Lol, well I refuse to like Manchester UTD, even though I am from mancheser, too many people like them, I don't know. My dad brainwashed me into hating them for some reason.
    By the way I like your sig.. I guess Golz did it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, well I refuse to like Manchester UTD, even though I am from mancheser, too many people like them, I don't know. My dad brainwashed me into hating them for some reason.
    By the way I like your sig.. I guess Golz did it for you.
    No I did this myself, but I probably wouldn't have if Golz hadn't inspired me! I think it needs a better background, which I will work on given the time. Yours ain't bad either!

You should join us as a Manchester United fan! RUUUUUUUUUUD!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.