Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Would this date work for you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    My plan for a date next week. Any thoughts ladies?

Greet with a rose and Teddy (fun present bought for her when away)

A few drinks.

Go on for a meal.

More drinks.

More drinks.

(Depending on how things go - ask if she wants to go away next weekend - Prague - although may keep destination a secret)?

More drinks.

Back to hotel to give proper present (lingerie) when bought away.

Hopefully she stays - dependong on how she feels.

Any coments would be welcome (guys thanls for feedback, but I really want
    womens opinions if possible!!).

Ta

Mr J
    The kind of things one must do to get sex nowadays.

God, I give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I'll repeat myself.. how did you know what size lingerie to buy??
    Stalker's intuition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    My plan for a date next week. Any thoughts ladies?

Greet with a rose and Teddy (fun present bought for her when away)

A few drinks.

Go on for a meal.

More drinks.

More drinks.

(Depending on how things go - ask if she wants to go away next weekend - Prague - although may keep destination a secret)?

More drinks.

Back to hotel to give proper present (lingerie) when bought away.

Hopefully she stays - dependong on how she feels.

Any coments would be welcome (guys thanls for feedback, but I really want
    womens opinions if possible!!).

Ta

Mr J
    Toooooo keen.

A.

ReputationRep:
    right:

1. lingerie - what size? came in 3 sizes small medium or large - not bra and knickes either - negligie and silk dressing gown top type of thing - god knows what theyre called!

2. Shes goin travelling in 3 months - I live away from her, so if things are gonna happen, basically I can't mess around.

3. Just want a bit of fun with a classy girl for a few months. Nothing 2 serious! But Re. the above, I can't afford to hang around as time is short - i.e not being heavy, but being aware of timescale and opportunity!

does that clear things up a little better?

ReputationRep:
    Irrespective of time available, that is way too much for a first date still. Plus have you considered that it maybe way too fast for her? Go have soem drinks, flirt horrendously and have a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    3. Just want a bit of fun with a classy girl for a few months. Nothing 2 serious! But Re. the above, I can't afford to hang around as time is short - i.e not being heavy, but being aware of timescale and opportunity!
    "I've got to catch the last bus at 10:30 so lets just get on with it as fast as possible"

Hmmm.

A.

ReputationRep:
    lol i give up.

I'll probably do what i usually do anyhow and thats improvise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    lol i give up.

I'll probably do what i usually do anyhow and thats improvise!
    Spontaneous is good ya know And sometimes... less can be more!

Personally I don't like it when guys go all out at the very start.. even when time is limited.. I just find a relaxed attitude far far sexier.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Like Frost said - Prague isn't cheap! You have to go a bit of a way outside Prague before being over there becomes cheap!
    Prague is cheap! Compare it with London. I'd say it was very cheap. Especially for Mr J who seems pretty keen on the whole "drinks, more drinks, even more drinks and a nightcap" motif. Beer for 50p - cheap as chips (which incidentally are also cheap).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Prague is cheap! Compare it with London. I'd say it was very cheap. Especially for Mr J who seems pretty keen on the whole "drinks, more drinks, even more drinks and a nightcap" motif. Beer for 50p - cheap as chips (which incidentally are also cheap).
    No Prague was quite expensive when I went. Local beer was a pound a pint and bottles was even more. Food was excellent but about the same you would pay in a pub here in the UK. Hotels were around £40 a night too. Comparitively cheaper to London but not that much cheaper than here in Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Never ever buy a woman lingerie on a first date. The flowers and teddy are enough if she wants to go away to prague give her the lingerie then. its major overkill to give lingerie on a first date valentines or no, it will make her think you're only after one thing.
    and isn't he? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    erm, leave out the teddy, lingerie and maybe suggest prague when youve been seeing each other for a bit, you dont wanna come across all intense on a first date. but a meal and stuff would be really nice, i love being taken out for meals! just let her know where youre goin so she knows what to wear.

ReputationRep:
    The teddy and flowers sound well sweet Liked the idea of a meal too.

Don't like the drinks and the fact that there's sooo much drinks that'd put me off.

And yep I'm a woman :marchmell

ReputationRep:
    ewww dont do the lingere....she will run a mile unless shes after one thing. i wud be so creeped by that. stick to the meal and drinks, but not too many just incase she does want it. Teddy is gud. Give her that n then have the meal, ask her in for a coffee afterwards. do not do it obviously tho. DONT do the underwear, n i really wudnt ask her to prague until u know she likes you back.....she wont know how to say no without feeling bad.

ReputationRep:
    my friend went to prague £1.80 for 20 malboros and 30p a pint i think! so yeah it is cheap, but i dont know whereabouts she was staying, i think she spent a lot time in the town centre tho.

ReputationRep:
    i say dump her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsimony)
    and isn't he? :rolleyes:
    Yeah but unless she is a very upfront girl she isn't going to give it him if he gives her underwear on a first date. Even if I only wanted a casual thing I would be grossed out by that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    ewww dont do the lingere....she will run a mile unless shes after one thing. i wud be so creeped by that. stick to the meal and drinks, but not too many just incase she does want it. Teddy is gud. Give her that n then have the meal, ask her in for a coffee afterwards. do not do it obviously tho. DONT do the underwear, n i really wudnt ask her to prague until u know she likes you back.....she wont know how to say no without feeling bad.
    agree totally apart from the praag bit. say u r goin does she wana comm

ReputationRep:
    i would be totally freaked out by underwear on a first date. And taking her to prague... if i was her i'd feel totally pressurised to have sex with you (it'd be kind of rude not to with a guy who takes you to prague)... just keeps it to dinner and drinks (and the teddy)... maybe take her to prague in like a months time if things are goign well (and give her the underwear there)

and 3 hours is not that far away to live from someone... just invite her to yours for the weekend and show her where you live, your locals etc. so she gets to know more about your life.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariel4)
    my friend went to prague £1.80 for 20 malboros and 30p a pint i think! so yeah it is cheap, but i dont know whereabouts she was staying, i think she spent a lot time in the town centre tho.
    Now its £1 a pint and £3 for cigs. But if you go to old town square its £3 a pint.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.