Playstation, X box or gamecube

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Golz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The winner of the match Gamecube V Xbox V PS2 will be without a doubt XBOX!
TK0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
i have ps2 and xbox. ps2 is slick and lots of gamessss but xbox rules, graphics wise and features with evo x.

xbox pads are now also smaller, the new controller s. the console is massive but you dont exactly carry it around, it sits still doing its thing...

when the x box is chipped, get evolution x and a new hard drive, rent games and copy them on to the hard drive. u sorted than. (oh dont forget make sure if you like the game u buy the original, you cant brake laws, when your a law abiding citizen )
hehe its a gud plan, u tried media player for divx 5? ne good? howmany games could i rip to a 120?
SaeedRehman
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
hehe its a gud plan, u tried media player for divx 5? ne good? howmany games could i rip to a 120?
the hard drive has to be 5400rpm the 7200 gets too hot.

120, about ten gig for the os and temp place. 110, divide it average game about 2.5-3 gig, definately about 40 though. as some are very small. some are quite large but max is 4.7gig i.e dead or alive xtreme beach volley ball. dead or alive 3 is 4.1 gig but some games like fusion frenzy or judge dreed about 1 gig. so you know if u get smaller games u can get 110, yipeeeeeeeee!

the divx and mp3 player features are good as well as multi region dvd. overall its an excellent console, like a little pc.
-Sharp-
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Well i was looking at buying an X box myself but my dad wont let me he says its a waste of my money! Ps2 has losts more titles and is going sumwere, but x Box is in a dead end situation
(sorry for spelling Gamecube wrong)
Ollie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what about this little baby:

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
what about this little baby:

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/
Is that one of those portable grills? Like the George Foreman ones?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Is that one of those portable grills? Like the George Foreman ones?
maybe
-Sharp-
Lmao it does look like it lol phantom is it called that coz no one likes them, i wudnt want a phantom in my house!
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by -Sharp-)
Lmao it does look like it lol phantom is it called that coz no one likes them, i wudnt want a phantom in my house!
a phantom?
thiefunseen
Report 17 years ago
I don't think Phantom actually exists. Everything I've read on the subject tends to suggest that.

Best console = Gamecube.

Shigeru Miyamoto is the messiah.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm nearly 18 and I'm proud of my Gamecube. It has some of the best games on it at the moment such as Zelda-Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Mario Kart. I don't give a monkeys about people saying it is for kids because it ain't for kids. What makes them think that the PS2 is more for adults just because it has guns, blood and death everywhere? People these days seem to forget what makes a good game these days. I would highly recommend to people who are deciding on one of these 3 consoles for christmas or something to play the GAMES FIRST, then decide on the console. The typical teenager would buy the PS2 first and then decide on what game to buy. By playing a couple of games on each console, you then have a good feeling of which console is suited for you. Anyways, that's my opinion.
-Sharp-
(Original post by jediknight007)
I'm nearly 18 and I'm proud of my Gamecube. It has some of the best games on it at the moment such as Zelda-Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Mario Kart. I don't give a monkeys about people saying it is for kids because it ain't for kids. What makes them think that the PS2 is more for adults just because it has guns, blood and death everywhere? People these days seem to forget what makes a good game these days. I would highly recommend to people who are deciding on one of these 3 consoles for christmas or something to play the GAMES FIRST, then decide on the console. The typical teenager would buy the PS2 first and then decide on what game to buy. By playing a couple of games on each console, you then have a good feeling of which console is suited for you. Anyways, that's my opinion.
i dont think any console is 4 kids if i had a kid i wudnt spend £100 or more on a console they wud proberbly chew it! lol!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
i just sold my gamecube

i really like it, but i needed the money more.

anyway, gamecube is good; on yer own or with yer mates - what other console has super monkey ball? or zelda?

i just wish i got to play viewtiful joe; that looks good
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I totally agree with jediknight007 about how we should decide on a console based on the games, rather than the other way around. I wouldn't however say Wind-waker is one of the best games out there. I played it and was sorely disappointed. It just doesn't live up to the sheer quality of Ocarina of Time on the N64!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
good thing ocarina of time comes with wind waker then, isnt it
Icarus
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Viewtiful Joe is absolutely fantastic. I haven't been playing much (maybe two hours tops) but it really is a breath of fresh air in comparison to other games out there.
mr-shiraz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Gamecube!
-Sharp-
Making this poll i really thought it wud b a close battle between xbox and PS2 but readin it all it seems like GameCube is doin well!
thiefunseen
Report 17 years ago
Well, Gamecube does tend to be the favourite amongst those who play alot of games. The general attitude I've seen elsewhere is that GC is for the hardcore gamers, and PS2 for the casual gamer who buys consoles as a fashion icon.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by thiefunseen)
Well, Gamecube does tend to be the favourite amongst those who play alot of games. The general attitude I've seen elsewhere is that GC is for the hardcore gamers, and PS2 for the casual gamer who buys consoles as a fashion icon.
U da man!

I really don't care if the Gamecube is selling poorly or not because I know that Nintendo can make the best games. And they are only exclusive to their consoles as well MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (484)
51.76%
No (451)
48.24%

Watched Threads