Playstation, X box or gamecube

Watch
This discussion is closed.
-Sharp-
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Well, i was reading into the sellign of PS2 Gamecubes and xbox. There was a servay done and it is a fact that there are More PS2s owend than XBOX and Gamcube put together.
Then i thought it was proberbly to do with sibling consoles, The nintendo had the N64 i think lol. Microsoft has the PC and then the PS2 it had the psx and the ps1 (the little white thing no1 has) but then i realised it cant b because of that. I mean every1 those days had A SEGA MEDADRIVE, or mastersystem and look what happend to them lol there up **** creek without a paddle! so i was amazed at what makes a game console so poular! its weird so tell me what u think!
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have a ps1 from several years ago, the only truly great game i had for it was FFVII and that was superb. i still play it now occasionally. if i had to choose from one of the consoles on the poll id choose a ps2, simply because im familiar with the the sony brand so i know what im getting and it has lots of games.

im more of a pc man myself, half-life without a mouse would be rubbish! also, at the moment im playing railroad tycoon 2 you dont get classy strategy games like that on consoles!
-Sharp-
Half-life and railroad tycoon, those are gonna be true classics! du u play "DUKE NUKEM" or "UNREAL TOURNAMENT"?
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It's sad these days to see that people are buying consoles because it's 'cool' to have one in the living room and something you can mess about with when you have a couple of mates around. I blame it on Sony for changing games consoles from a 'games system' to just another 'entertainment system'. Back then, it was the proper games like Mario, Sonic etc...which sold the consoles and made them popular. Nowdays, there are fewer original games. The PS2 and the X-Box might be the best games 'platform' for games to be released on but the Gamecube still has the best and orignal games.

Maybe I just love Nintendo too much...
-Sharp-
well, if u like retro games u need 2 get one of those little tables that u get on "GAMEZVILLE" on sky lol! i think the idea these days are 2 get new up 2 date generation x games lol! and if u like a classic get a classic console!
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by -Sharp-)
Half-life and railroad tycoon, those are gonna be true classics! du u play "DUKE NUKEM" or "UNREAL TOURNAMENT"?
of course, any true PC gamer has to have done i prefer half-life multiplayer (esp. counterstrike and tfc) to unreal tourney.
-Sharp-
Unreal tournament is a tue classic ooo and also call me sad but i like rollercoaster tycoon and THEME HOSPITAL! I MEAN BRINGMORE OF THEM OUT!
-Sharp-
Heres another thing bout PS2, i know that the multiplayer option Online i mean makes the price of the game alot more reasonable and for £25 u can b onlin on a ps2! how much is it 4 Xbox £50 a year! lol! and GAMCUBE can that even go online without exploding lol! nah i take that back its not that crap but can it go online?
Icarus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes.
-Sharp-
how much does it all cost?
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Unreal tournament is a tue classic ooo and also call me sad but i like rollercoaster tycoon and THEME HOSPITAL! I MEAN BRINGMORE OF THEM OUT!
You ain't the only one! I loved Theme Hospital. It's like the funniest strategy game I have ever played. If I had more space on my PC, I would install it right now! And I must have wasted so many hours of my life on Rollercoaster Tycoon! I think the original was the best. I remembered making my rollercoaster going up to 140-something mph once!

Heres another thing bout PS2, i know that the multiplayer option Online i mean makes the price of the game alot more reasonable and for £25 u can b onlin on a ps2! how much is it 4 Xbox £50 a year! lol! and GAMCUBE can that even go online without exploding lol! nah i take that back its not that crap but can it go online?
I have been online with my Gamecube. Used my broadband adaptor to play my free month of PSO online. It was so fun.
-Sharp-
Kool, there arnt enough advertisements for the GCUBE are there really, i mean ps2 have jus released there silver version! xBox have many adverts
but were the gamecube ones lol
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Kool, there arnt enough advertisements for the GCUBE are there really, i mean ps2 have jus released there silver version! xBox have many adverts
but were the gamecube ones lol
Well, when the Gamecube was released, Nintendo said that they didn't consider online gaming to be successful in the future. I think they might have made a mistake on that one but they still have time to fix it! I'm with them 110% of the way!
-Sharp-
does it come with a hardrive!
Oh yeh and the best thing about Rollercoaster tycoon was making a ride that crashed or broke down then ur little handymen wud fix it, that was so cute and then u got little entertainers for long qs lol!
thiefunseen
Report 17 years ago
RCT was a good game. I prefer Tranport Tycoon Deluxe right now though. There is just something so satisfying about seeing your infant bus opertaing company to becoming a public transport empire. Maybe our own government should take notice...

In reply to should GC go online more, I don't think it should. It's a gimmick that will soon wear off. Connectivity between GC and GBA is much better.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Well i cheated its -Sharp- i loged out and decided to vote fot the GC it looks pretty gd and has lots of fans so it deserved it!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
A pc with emulators, note the s at the end. What more can you ask for?
A Lawsuit for illegal software possibly (well, unlikely, but its possible)
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
not if you have all the original cartridges!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
not if you have all the original cartridges!
Well yeah, but emulators, such as Bleem!, have had legal challenges put to them by sony, and then stopped, which seems to show that, although i am unsure on the law, that it may be illegal.
I dont know really; im not sure on how the laws regard it.
-Sharp-
I had an emulater once and i got pokemon lol that was the first PC game i played i think! or was it Duke nukem, think it was nukem actually!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (35)
14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (54)
21.6%
Live streaming events (24)
9.6%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (24)
9.6%
A uni comparison tool (59)
23.6%
An in-person event when available (54)
21.6%