This discussion is closed.
k0rrupter
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Is any one having this problem in their school.

Our examination officer started providing us with the examination entries of june as in to what exam we should register for june, however, the jan results haven't even come out yet and the deadline for the examination entries is tomorrow 16th Feb. how r we suppose to choose what we want if we dont even know our results. Additionally, when we pay for the exam, wht if we're don't wanna do it..

any 1 having tht problem?
l8r
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by k0rrupter)

Our examination officer started providing us with the examination entries of june as in to what exam we should register for june, however, the jan results haven't even come out yet and the deadline for the examination entries is tomorrow 16th Feb. how r we suppose to choose what we want if we dont even know our results. Additionally, when we pay for the exam, wht if we're don't wanna do it..

l8r

Well you need to talk to the exams officer - the exam board deadline isn't until March.
SinghFello
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Havnt you got a half term now?!
SinghFello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SinghFello)
I don't know about the thread starter, but my half-term isn't unil next week.
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Raphael~)
Well you need to talk to the exams officer - the exam board deadline isn't until March.
The actual date for entries is 21st of Feb, although I know you can enter after this, but after this date penalities apply for late entries. It is probably just the school's policy that all entries are made before the 21st. If you did deicde suddenly that you wanted a retake then i would expect that the exam office would be sympathetic and enter you as a late entry.

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/calendar/K...AudienceId=401
Aitch
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by k0rrupter)

l8r
Talk to your exams officer. The board's deadline gets shifted forward a step at a time until you're asked to order the Christmas turkey in July.

The real deadline (for submissions from institutions to the boards) is not for several weeks. Exam officers have to impose their own deadline weeks before this to allow time for collation, checking, amendments, etc.

Aitch
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the RETAKE entry deadline isnt till 21st march 2005
k0rrupter
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
yep we've got half terms this week. and today was the deadline for the entries. i asked her about it and she said when ur resit results come out, and if u wanna cancel any, come to me straight away so we can do it. so i hope everythin should be fine
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
At least the deadline is the school's one and not the exam board one. So I guess it's ok to change your mind and stuff now.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (214)
38.56%
Take autumn exams (167)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.42%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.96%
Take a year out (99)
17.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
6.13%

Watched Threads