Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling very young for my age watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I won't finish uni until i'm 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I am 22 now and I am still living at home (though as soon as I get a job I am out) I have a cousin the same age, she has a car and is putting an offer on a house with her b/f.

All this makes me think I am very young, I just hope education is worth the big sacfiriface, I suppose though I have a 25 year old cousin who has been at university for ever
    I feel the opposite. I'm 19 and will have a BSc next year. Wish I took a gap year and did some exploring first .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I feel the opposite. I'm 19 and will have a BSc next year. Wish I took a gap year and did some exploring first .
    I'm glad i took one although i only explored my local area

ReputationRep:
    I'm still living with my parents at 21 and I'm still in my 1st year at uni (after failing last year). It's really annoying, especially when your friends are getting married or travelling the world. It's like I'm still at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I'm glad i took one although i only explored my local area
    But still, I bet you felt fresher and more enthusiastic when you started. I haven't had a break from studying for god knows how many years, and probably never will now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    But still, I bet you felt fresher and more enthusiastic when you started. I haven't had a break from studying for god knows how many years, and probably never will now. :p:

Er i spent my gap year doing AS/A2 Chem and Bio, plus an NVQ3 = 2 A levels so all in all the equivalent of 4 A levels in one year! I'm not sure refereshed is the word. I also worked 25 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I'm still living with my parents at 21 and I'm still in my 1st year at uni (after failing last year). It's really annoying, especially when your friends are getting married or travelling the world. It's like I'm still at school.
    I still feel like I am at school apart from university treating you like adults rather than kids.

In terms of mental ability I still feel like a school kid though, hopefully this will change, and I can get married to one of the 1% of females that seem to be in the IT industry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Er i spent my gap year doing AS/A2 Chem and Bio, plus an NVQ3 = 2 A levels so all in all the equivalent of 4 A levels in one year! I'm not sure refereshed is the word. I also worked 25 hours a week.
    Ah. Well maybe I chose the wrong person to contrast my lack of a gap year with

ReputationRep:
    Ah. Well maybe I chose the wrong person to contrast my lack of a gap year with
    Yes, mine was more of a squeeze year than a gap year. Trust me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i'm the opposite... i feel really old sometimes (i'm going to be 19 in just overa month). It doesn't help that i'm at uni in scotland and some people here are still only 17. It's also the fact that hardly any of them drive, they all seem to have their parents ringing up every 2 seconds/they go home at weekends/ they live half an hour away, they all still have the novelty of going out loads, none of them have serious bfs... i think ti is probably the bf thing that does it actually... i'm 18 and i never expected to start uni with a really serious bf.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i'm the opposite... i feel really old sometimes (i'm going to be 19 in just overa month). It doesn't help that i'm at uni in scotland and some people here are still only 17. It's also the fact that hardly any of them drive, they all seem to have their parents ringing up every 2 seconds/they go home at weekends/ they live half an hour away, they all still have the novelty of going out loads, none of them have serious bfs... i think ti is probably the bf thing that does it actually... i'm 18 and i never expected to start uni with a really serious bf.

lou xxx
    Just some interesting statistics.

Lou P Lou's post count:6000 odd
    Lou p Lou's posts which include bf:5981

Sorry :p:

I feel old when some of the 18 year olds at university look really young, I also feel old when I am in a wine bar full of 30 year old yuppies and I end fancying half of them

Other than that I am not even 17 in my head yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Just some interesting statistics.

Lou P Lou's post count:6000 odd
    Lou p Lou's posts which include bf:5981

Sorry :p:

I feel old when some of the 18 year olds at university look really young, I also feel old when I am in a wine bar full of 30 year old yuppies and I end fancying half of them

Other than that I am not even 17 in my head yet.
    but a lot of them were about the old bf...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    but a lot of them were about the old bf...

lou xxx
    How many to you keep stashed away out there? :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    AT, I was listening to a Smiths song and thought of you today. Does that mean I'm on here too much? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    How many to you keep stashed away out there? :eek: :p:

hehe... millions... until just over a year ago i was going out with someone else who i always mentioned (my best friend) and for like a whole 2 weeks i was single before meeting this one... so my older posts would have been about someone different...

and anyway:

AT post count: 14.500
    AT post count about manchester: 14, 000

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    AT, I was listening to a Smiths song and thought of you today. Does that mean I'm on here too much? :eek:
    it means you're obsessed by him... come on, you can admit it to us

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

hehe... millions... until just over a year ago i was going out with someone else who i always mentioned (my best friend) and for like a whole 2 weeks i was single before meeting this one... so my older posts would have been about someone different...

and anyway:

AT post count: 14.500
    AT post count about manchester: 14, 000

lou xxx
    No 13,843 actually :p: The rest al have either Salford, Joy Divison or the Smiths in them.

PS Timeofyourlife I some times think of other people when I hear songs, Westlife always reminds me of Blueangel, and The Dove's always remind me of Chicken.

Southampton always reminds me of PQ.

ReputationRep:
    it means you're obsessed by him... come on, you can admit it to us

lou xxx
    hehe...my current lack of a girlfriend isn't driving me that far

and quiet you, or i'll create another 100-odd page medical thread to be stickied to give you some work to do.

i think there may be a moral somewhere in that. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Southampton always reminds me of PQ.
    there should be a PQ at every university. the admin team here are crap

Edit: I don't mean the TSR admin team, I mean Bristol university's. hehe

ReputationRep:
    hehe...my current lack of a girlfriend isn't driving me that far

and quiet you, or i'll create another 100-odd page medical thread to be stickied to give you some work to do.

i think there may be a moral somewhere in that. :eek:
    mleh it takes about 2 seconds... and sometimes i feel i spend more time doign medicine then my subejcts (i was a dab hand at the anatomy of the arm for at least a week, now i'm quite good at the jaw and i can name all the teeth thanks to my dentist flatmate)

lou xxx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.