Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Although I would love to stay and argue, I have to go an watch Desperate Housewives.

Mmmmm...
    Make a change from your desperate arguments.

(Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Although I would love to stay and argue, I have to go an watch Desperate Housewives.

Mmmmm...
    i was halfway then the missus popped up on msn. eeeek, torn by two loves...

ReputationRep:
    after reading up on many issues and having an uncle who does fox hunts, im still for the ban. its still an unhumane form of killing, causing suffering to animals who dont deserve it.

if a fox eats a rabbit, shoot it if you have to, but dont go chasing them as a sport.

that my veiws anyways

(Original post by M-J)
    after reading up on many issues and having an uncle who does fox hunts, im still for the ban. its still an unhumane form of killing, causing suffering to animals who dont deserve it.

if a fox eats a rabbit, shoot it if you have to, but dont go chasing them as a sport.

that my veiws anyways
    but we want foxes to eat rabbits...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    but we want foxes to eat rabbits...
    well rosie didnt thats why she shot the foxes because they were eating the rabbits and ducks....

okay so if mr fox kills the little bunny rabbit, which the farmer wants dead because the bunny was munching on the crops, why are we killing the fox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)

that my veiws anyways
    i) why dont they deserve it?
    ii) why is a natural death, inhumane?
    iii) what are you views on the rearing of cattle to be slaughtered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    The pleasure comes in the chase, the event and spending time in the countryside with other nature lovers. Hunting is a traditional pastime and one that also benefits both the rural community and the control of fox populations. For the most part strong, healthy foxes get away thanks to their natural defences.
    Okay, well, a) that "pleasure" can come from a drag hunt, or, you know, just try rambling.

b) Not many people who label themselves as nature lovers go out and kill it, it sort of defeats the point.

c) What kind of pastime is that? Killing things.

and d) the number of foxes actually went down during the foot and mouth period when fox-hunting was banned to prevent the spread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sekhmet)
    Okay, well, a) that "pleasure" can come from a drag hunt, or, you know, just try rambling.
    How do you know? Have you actually tried rambling and hunting? Have you done both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sekhmet)
    Have you been on a hunt?

b) Not many people who label themselves as nature lovers go out and kill it, it sort of defeats the point.
    Do you know people who hunt regularly?

c) What kind of pastime is that? Killing things.
    Do you hunt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Have you been on a hunt?
    Does it sound like i have been on one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Have you actually tried rambling and hunting? Have you done both?
    To answer your question, no, I have not done both (only rambling) :p:

But, if the pleasure comes from the “chase”, (I can only assume and hope that this means the running of the horses and not the actual killing of the fox) “the event and spending time in the countryside with other nature lovers” then the killing of a fox is not really necessary.

ReputationRep:
    As you notice the part of the poll with the lowest number of voters is the people who have actually done fox hunting-unless you've done it I don't think it's fair to make an assumption. Of course this applies to only fox hunting-I don't want to hear of pointless arguements like-'I can't say killing is wrong unless I've done it' because that's awkward and stupid.
    To me foxes are pains-they eat and kill all the chickens, try to kill the pigs (emphasis on try) and generally cause unacceptable damage to property no matter the extent of protection you install. In conclusion I say kill them.

ReputationRep:
    As has been said the smallest number of voters were those who had been on a hunt, therefore it is a minority activity (participation is the only thing requested here not observation) and I thought this country was all about preserving the rights of minorities? Hypocrisy?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah to right. The foxes have caused so much damage on landowners land, I think they have the right to deal with them anyway they please-and if that means a couple of them getting together and chasing them on horses with hounds responding to horns then so be it. Go back to your television sets and watch sex in the city or something you city frumps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Well Suited)
    As has been said the smallest number of voters were those who had been on a hunt, therefore it is a minority activity (participation is the only thing requested here not observation) and I thought this country was all about preserving the rights of minorities?
    Not if that minority is percieved as being white and upper middle class. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is that relevent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepooos)
    Is that relevent?
    Is what relevant?

ReputationRep:
    The minority generalisation?

ReputationRep:
    The minority generalisation?
    Work it out.

Yeah to right. The foxes have caused so much damage on landowners land, I think they have the right to deal with them anyway they please-and if that means a couple of them getting together and chasing them on horses with hounds responding to horns then so be it. Go back to your television sets and watch sex in the city or something you city frumps.
    I'm sorry, you are obviously so much wiser in the ways of the country than myself. Could you please (and no one else 'help' her here) explain exactly how foxes damage the land?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.