The Student Room Group

I'd like to make one thing clear about Oriental guys.

To all the people who are lumping us into one group, we aren't. I'm tierd of reading the same references to Oriental guys being bad looking.

The truth is, we have many different ethnicities within the tag of 'oriental'. I am Japanese, the other guy may be Chinese! We are different.

This is not an attack by any stretch of the imagination. But, i have travelled a lot and it seems that these stereotypes of all of us being short, introvert, ugly and dirty people seems to be rife even amongst the educated in the USA and UK. In comparison, the only white areas which don't have any stereotypes on such a mass scale is continental Europe. Is it ok to be ignorant about black people in such a manner? If i put a stereotype on any black person i see as ' a thief and etc' that would make me racist to many. So, why is it ok to place the same stereotype on all Oriental men?

As i said, I am Japanese, and we don't take **** from no one. I am not a 5ft guy who is a nerd, socially thick (i'm 6ft for claritys sake) etc etc. We are different from the other Asians, and i am sure the other Asians will say the same thing themselves.

With regards,
Y.L.

Scroll to see replies

lol
Reply 2
Japanese guys are so hot :love:
Reply 3
We're not allowed to bad mouth the blacks because we were naughty and made them slaves. Everyone else is ok.
Reply 4
I accept all of the above but do you eat rice ? if not my world will literally stop spinning and all I once held near and dear will mean nothing to me.
Reply 5
Dude. Perspective.

I'm not sure whether you are getting such a negative vibe from the community, but I've found it to be rather positive...

Part from the introvetness. Fact is that many university students that are international will not interact with the european community, and unfortunately that will create the impression that we aren't as open.

Other than that... I know china as a country is much more reversed than here. It's part of the culture.
Reply 6
Is there a reverse stereotype about Caucasians from the other perspective, out of interest?
Reply 7
Wow your 6ft do you want a metal or something?
Whatever you say, hombre. We all know you are infact this guy:

Reply 9
Tombola
Dude. Perspective.

I'm not sure whether you are getting such a negative vibe from the community, but I've found it to be rather positive...

Part from the introvetness. Fact is that many university students that are international will not interact with the european community, and unfortunately that will create the impression that we aren't as open.

Other than that... I know china as a country is much more reversed than here. It's part of the culture.

That is mainly due to the language barrier more than anything tbh.
Reply 10
But you have small willys. Fact.
Dr Zeuss™
Whatever you say, hombre. We all know you are infact this guy:

It'd be much appreciated itf you didn't go around posting pictures of my brother.

:shifty:
Reply 12
Symbea
We're not allowed to bad mouth the blacks because we were naughty and made them slaves. Everyone else is ok.

Yes but atleast you didn't NUKE them.
Reply 13
lol ok, i'd never stereotype oreientals anyway, because i know they have a inferioty complex about their small package and height and i don't want to push them over the edge. you never know, they could stop eating their rice and doing their homework and find out where i live and stab me lol.
Tomber
Is there a reverse stereotype about Caucasians from the other perspective, out of interest?

Yes, you're what we call 'gaijin' but thats not a friendly term so we won't go into that too much.
Reply 15
There is no way that oriental guys can be said to be ugly or nerdy as a collective at all. Im not having that.

But you do have small willies.
my bad
Reply 17
Okay. You've definitely changed the world with this thread.
Reply 18
I've never heard anyone say any of those things :confused:
Reply 19
Kevin J
But you have small willys. Fact.

oops. someone beat me to it. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending