Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    But cities like Toronto and Montreal are amazing...and I can imagine the West Coast being great too, whereas New York was a letdown for me. Some countries have a low-profile and it's up to you to discover them and be surprised.
    thank you... no need to go off topic ppl, keep to australia and new zealand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semanort)
    what's that supposed to mean?
    I didn't see that comment made by need_money. It's actually a pertinent remark. Comparing Canada and the US isn't off-topic. It just explains why New Zealand might be overshadowed by Australia, which doesn't necessarily mean that New Zealand isn't as interesting as Australia, only that Australia has more resources to publicise the country, just like the US has more resources, through its media to advertise the country.
    If half of the programs we watch on TV were Canadian, we'd all be visiting Canada.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    If half of the programs we watch on TV were Canadian, we'd all be visiting Canada.
    the media brainwashing you, eh? ok, fine I'll stop nitpicking every comment

ReputationRep:
    the media brainwashing you, eh? ok, fine I'll stop nitpicking every comment
    Everyone is brainwashed these days. A US highschool student spends more time in front of the telly than in the classroom. It's clear what controls the way people talk and behave.

ReputationRep:
    what's that supposed to mean?
    It means it is inferior to AUSTRALIA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Australia...New zealand to australia is like canada is to america.
    I agree, but come to the opposite conclusion. I'd rather see New Zealand and Canada :p: Beautiful countries with fewer people, friendlier people, a lower profile and the misfortune of a brash next-door neighbour.

ReputationRep:
    At this particular moment in time - Australia.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.