This discussion is closed.
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Toffee)
I am enjoying following this argument. ZJuwelH makes a good point here. Mushman person, outwit him, entertain me!
where was his good point??
Toffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
Yes I'm south of the river, but it doesn't stop me going to game, nor does being in Cambridgel; I'm going to the Kiev game even though its a) a weekday b) on telly c) expensive. I'm also joining the travel club because I fancy travelling the country to watch my team play. I was also born and bred in Wood Green, which is less than 6km from Highbury, so your arguement falls flat on its face. Not only that, but the fact you have the cheek to argue that I live too far away to support a team is just ever so slightly hypocritical.
And yes, because you haven't been to a game, it does make your voice less valid.
DanMushMan who has the diving Jeffers on his team outwits ZJuwelH as I requested. ZJuwelH, please, continue the argument.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
DanMushMan who has the diving Jeffers on his team outwits ZJuwelH as I requested. ZJuwelH, please, continue the argument.
this thread is going well
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
where was his good point??
Somewhere in there.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
jeffers is with the toffees at the moment, I don't think he'll return to London.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Yes I'm south of the river, but it doesn't stop me going to game, nor does being in Cambridgel; I'm going to the Kiev game even though its a) a weekday b) on telly c) expensive. I'm also joining the travel club because I fancy travelling the country to watch my team play. I was also born and bred in Wood Green, which is less than 6km from Highbury, so your arguement falls flat on its face. Not only that, but the fact you have the cheek to argue that I live too far away to support a team is just ever so slightly hypocritical.
And yes, because you haven't been to a game, it does make your voice less valid.
My argument is actually showing your hypocrisy not mine. I always watch European games as a neutral (where it doesn't concern United) so good luck.
But why is my voice less valid because I've never been to a game? Should someone who advocates disabled parking be ignored for being able-bodied?
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
jeffers is with the toffees at the moment, I don't think he'll return to London.
Yeah. I noticed that he almost cost us two points today. Yet I will not forgive him for the dive in last years FA Cup game at Highbury.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
My argument is actually showing your hypocrisy not mine. I always watch European games as a neutral (where it doesn't concern United) so good luck.
But why is my voice less valid because I've never been to a game? Should someone who advocates disabled parking be ignored for being able-bodied?
the fact that you won't get up out your arm chair and actually go to a game, shows you're not a supporter. You can watch as much as you like on the telly, but it doesn't make you a proper fan, just an armchair supporter. Also, it doesn't come anywhere near the atmosphere at a football ground. It's not even like tickets are that hard to get for OT.
Juwel
Rep:
?
the fact that you won't get up out your arm chair and actually go to a game, shows you're not a supporter. You can watch as much as you like on the telly, but it doesn't make you a proper fan, just an armchair supporter. Also, it doesn't come anywhere near the atmosphere at a football ground. It's not even like tickets are that hard to get for OT.
Actually tickets are that hard to get. Consider that I'm still in sixth form with £20 a week from my folks (and don't tell me to get a job, I care too much for my studies), and my tight-ass dad won't consider funding my support. I'm well aware of the atmosphere difference, but I still consider myself to be a 100% Devil from my armchair, and one day I will go to OT.
What I've conveniently highlighted in bold for you means you seem to contradict yourself. That's how people defeat their own arguments. Just a thought.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What if you have no legs?
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
What if you have no legs?
then, as I'm sure you know, every premiership football stadium has excellent facilities for disabled supporters
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
then, as I'm sure you know, every premiership football stadium has excellent facilities for disabled supporters
What happens if you have no eyes or ears?
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Actually tickets are that hard to get. Consider that I'm still in sixth form with £20 a week from my folks (and don't tell me to get a job, I care too much for my studies), and my tight-ass dad won't consider funding my support. I'm well aware of the atmosphere difference, but I still consider myself to be a 100% Devil from my armchair, and one day I will go to OT.
What I've conveniently highlighted in bold for you means you seem to contradict yourself. That's how people defeat their own arguments. Just a thought.
ok, thats why most people try to support a team which they are actually close to! And I meant that you can't claim to be a proper supporter, an armchair supporter at best.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
What happens if you have no eyes or ears?
do you really want me to answer that?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
do you really want me to answer that?
not really, you might say:

every premiership football stadium has excellent facilities for eyeless and deaf people.
Juwel
Rep:
?
ok, thats why most people try to support a team which they are actually close to! And I meant that you can't claim to be a proper supporter, an armchair supporter at best.
I'm close to United. In the way that matters.
Why don't you support Cambridge United for half the year then???
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm close to United. In the way that matters.
Why don't you support Cambridge United for half the year then???
no you're not close in the way that matters, real fans are at the games supporting the team, where you can actually make a difference.
Why do I not support Cambridge, because unlike you I've been an Arsenal fan since I was 5, and I'm not going to change alleigance, I actually love my team. Plus, Cambridge is on the same train line as Finsbury Park, which is why I can go to games.
Juwel
Rep:
?
no you're not close in the way that matters, real fans are at the games supporting the team, where you can actually make a difference.
Why do I not support Cambridge, because unlike you I've been an Arsenal fan since I was 5, and I'm not going to change alleigance, I actually love my team. Plus, Cambridge is on the same train line as Finsbury Park, which is why I can go to games.
Ah but technically your local team is not Arsenal while you're at Cambridge. If the distance argument can be used against me then it can be used against you.
Real fans are there however they choose to be, so long as they are giving their undying support, as I do every game. I love my team too, don't assume I don't due to the fact that I can't go.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ah but technically your local team is not Arsenal while you're at Cambridge. If the distance argument can be used against me then it can be used against you.
Real fans are there however they choose to be, so long as they are giving their undying support, as I do every game. I love my team too, don't assume I don't due to the fact that I can't go.
no, I wasn't using the 'local' team arguement. Unlike you, who are seeming to suggest that you can just change your alliegance to a club every 6 months, I will never leave Arsenal. Unlike you, I feel there is something called loyalty. Its not my local team whilst I'm at home, but it was the first team I supported, I was born local, and the distance isn't prohibitive to my attendance. Incidently, why did you not go to any away game in London, somewhere like Selhurt Park always had tickets available, which weren't very much at all.
Juwel
Rep:
?
no, I wasn't using the 'local' team arguement. Unlike you, who are seeming to suggest that you can just change your alliegance to a club every 6 months, I will never leave Arsenal. Unlike you, I feel there is something called loyalty. Its not my local team whilst I'm at home, but it was the first team I supported, I was born local, and the distance isn't prohibitive to my attendance. Incidently, why did you not go to any away game in London, somewhere like Selhurt Park always had tickets available, which weren't very much at all.
No I am not suggesting that you can change your allegiance, I am questioning the emphasis you put on being local to the team you support, telling me I should be supporting a local team, when I will always support Man United. I know all about loyalty. It would have been convenient for me to switch to Arsenal when they last won the League, particularly since they are actually my local club, but that was never on my mind, I stick with United.
When do Man United play at Selhurst Park nowadays? Besides, I did mention time was a constraint. Usually I have a more pressing commitment when United come to town the five times a season they do.
This is fun!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (231)
51.22%
No (220)
48.78%

Watched Threads