The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ZJuwelH
No I am not suggesting that you can change your allegiance, I am questioning the emphasis you put on being local to the team you support, telling me I should be supporting a local team, when I will always support Man United. I know all about loyalty. It would have been convenient for me to switch to Arsenal when they last won the League, particularly since they are actually my local club, but that was never on my mind, I stick with United.
When do Man United play at Selhurst Park nowadays? Besides, I did mention time was a constraint. Usually I have a more pressing commitment when United come to town the five times a season they do.
This is fun!!!

such pressing concerns that you can't be bothered to go to a game even though this is the you 'always have and always will love?' united were at Selhurst Park I think 3 years ago, surely you were a fan then?
Reply 41
DanMushMan
such pressing concerns that you can't be bothered to go to a game even though this is the you 'always have and always will love?' united were at Selhurst Park I think 3 years ago, surely you were a fan then?

Oh yes. I was also a GCSE student at the time. And it's not like I can't be bothered. But there is more to life than just football.
ZJuwelH
But there is more to life than just football.

Said like a true fan :wink:
Reply 43
DanMushMan
Said like a true fan :wink:

A true fan does understand that there is more to life. A sad person with nothing better to do doesn't. You're at Cambridge, surely you understand there is more to life. Anyway, good fight, good night!
ZJuwelH
A true fan does understand that there is more to life. A sad person with nothing better to do doesn't. You're at Cambridge, surely you understand there is more to life. Anyway, good fight, good night!

ok, there's more to life than that, but I'm sure at one point you've had more than £50 and a free Saturday, Face it, if you really wanted to go and see your team, you would have by now.
Reply 45
DanMushman....an arsenal fan with an avatar showing some disgusting behaviour by one of his team's players.
Toffee
DanMushman....an arsenal fan with an avatar showing some disgusting behaviour by one of his team's players.

yep, and we'll see how this rape allegation case turns out shall we :biggrin:
DanMushMan

And yes, because you haven't been to a game, it does make your voice less valid.

Watching it on television is just as good as going to the game itself. Not everyone is rich enough to buy a season ticket you know. If I was to go to one, it would be like a Champion's League match or something vs Arsenal or Chelsea but the thing is that they sell out quickly. :frown:
Reply 48
jediknight007
Watching it on television is just as good as going to the game itself. Not everyone is rich enough to buy a season ticket you know. If I was to go to one, it would be like a Champion's League match or something vs Arsenal or Chelsea but the thing is that they sell out quickly. :frown:

Tells is as good as going to a match ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!????!!!!

I'm afraid not, they are completely different experiences.
Lord Huntroyde

someone who actually understands a bit a bout football!
Lord Huntroyde

Ok, I guess I emphasised there a bit too much! Yea, I agree that going to the actual match is something out of this world. I mean, one of my dreams is to visit the San Siro and watch a match between Inter and Milan but for the poor like me, lol, watching it on television is good enough for me!

Latest

Trending

Trending