(Original post by technik)
learn to spell, punctuate, and how to make a point
Don't be such a bully
final_year
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
learn to spell, punctuate, and how to make a point
what are you talking about you snotty little person - you should learn some manners, tact and respect for other people's opinions.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by final_year)
what are you talking about you snotty little person - you should learn some manners, tact and respect for other people's opinions.
when you read the 1st half of that, and then the 2nd, its quite funny. well done :rofl:
final_year
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
30 years. Under the British justice system, a 14 yr old got 20 years for a murder that he denies ever committing and that no DNA evidence has substantiated.
i personally believe that the british justice system is also barbaric in many ways.
but theres a gulf of difference between 12 and 14 (which smartass is going to say 13?) - plus the 12 year old was on mood changing drugs, and the crime in scotland which i assume your speaking of was very much different to this.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but theres a gulf of difference between 12 and 14 (which smartass is going to say 13?)
A gulf? There are only two legal gulfs. Juvenile or Adult. In both the US case and the UK case the judge past the minimum sentence possible.

- plus the 12 year old was on mood changing drugs
Are you suggesting the American jurors and justice system intentionally failed to hear or take into account any necessary medical evidence?

and the crime in scotland which i assume your speaking of was very much different to this.
In what way?
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
some light afternoon reading
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Never self-diagnose kids! There could be a whole host of factors you are unaware of which only a qualified medic can guide you upon. (That's the mantra told to all first year medicine students.)
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Never self-diagnose kids! There could be a whole host of factors you are unaware of which only a qualified medic can guide you upon. (That's the mantra told to all first year medicine students.)
i know enough about it first hand thanks...and i aint self diagnosing
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i know enough about it first hand thanks...and i aint self diagnosing
I'm just thinkin of the children on this forum.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm just thinkin of the children on this forum.
too many kids round here!
yawn
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 14 years ago

As I said previously, this drug is not licensed for children.

"The safety and effectiveness of (Zoloft) in children below the age of 18 have not been established".

I rest my case.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
As I said previously, this drug is not licensed for children.

"The safety and effectiveness of (Zoloft) in children below the age of 18 have not been established".

I rest my case.
therefore it can not be used as an excuse in this case now can it?
yawn
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
therefore it can not be used as an excuse in this case now can it?

On the contrary, dear Watson.
piemonster411
Report 14 years ago
From the source:

Pfizer Inc., the manufacturer of Zoloft, said in a statement after the verdict: “Zoloft didn’t cause his problems, nor did the medication drive him to commit murder. On these two points, both Pfizer and the jury agree.”
Douglas
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piemonster411)
From the source:

Pfizer Inc., the manufacturer of Zoloft, said in a statement after the verdict: “Zoloft didn’t cause his problems, nor did the medication drive him to commit murder. On these two points, both Pfizer and the jury agree.”
It's also possible that he wasn't taking his meds, which is why he killed his grandparents.

Since the kid was smart enough to try to frame someone else, it suggests he was capable of sound reasoning.........To me, he's guilty, as charged.

While on this subject, any thoughts on the marine who is charged with two counts of premeditated murder for killing two insurgents in the Sunni triangle.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
On the contrary, dear Watson.
really? why's that?

has it been shown to be dangerous and cause people to go out and kill?
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
60 years for a 12 year old another indication of the barbaic nature of some states in america and there criminal justice system.
30 years. It's a concurrent sentance.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Tony Martin was jailed for shooting the burglar because he is a bloody idiot and shot the guy in the back as he was exiting through a window. Even in America you'll find yourself in very hot water if you shoot someone in the back.
indeed. its the only reason i didn't support him. if he had gunned down the guy as he was stalking around the house, then i would be a lot more sympathetic to his cause
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
30 years. Under the British justice system, a 14 yr old got 20 years for a murder that he denies ever committing and that no DNA evidence has substantiated.
i thought sentences run back to back in america, not concurrently
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm entitled to my oppinion regardless of evidence, or is that no longer allowed? Neither of us are privy to the evidence, so we cannot comment on that. We do know the sentance which was passed, and I answered the questions the original poster asked in regards to this. May I remind you that this is D&D.
Opinions are a bit like *******s really; everyone has one.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads