This discussion is closed.
froggybum
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
On Monday, I have to give in a form which states me provisional uni course choices.
I've decided which courses I want to apply for & got the course codes from the prospectus's. But we have to list the courses in the order that they apply in the UCAS handbook. When I rang UCAS for application materials, they only sent me a form not a handbook. Is there any way that you can find out this information online? How do you know the university codes?
Also, two of the courses that I'm applying for seem to have the same course code, even though they are at different unis. How is this possible. Aaaaagh please help me someone....
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
U left it a bit late didnt u?
froggybum
Hmm.. well I chose my courses ages ago. I used the ucas website in my uni research - I didn't now that you needed to use a handbook too.
I've found out the institution codes. I just need to know the order that they should be listed in - is it just alphabetical?
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I did the same thing. The UCAS 'Application Pack' does not actually include an application form - you just get info booklets etc. You have to order the form seperately. It looks like you just ordered the form part. Go onto the website and look for the bit where you can order the applcation pack.

Deadline is 15th of jan by the way.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but if you are applying by yourself (ie not through a college etc), you cannot use the online application, you have to hand write out the form. Online applications is only for people at college etc - how crap is that!
emporium
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you list the Unis alphabetically.
Don't worry about course codes for courses at different unis being the same, that's how the system works, e.g. all MPhys courses, regardless of institution, have the code F303. It's a good thing if course codes coincide! you can have some piece of mind knowing that your course choices aren't 6 random courses , the personal statement would be a challenge then.
Lurker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but if you are applying by yourself (ie not through a college etc), you cannot use the online application, you have to hand write out the form. Online applications is only for people at college etc - how crap is that!
Are you actually allowed to applying by yourself? I thought it had to go through a school, college etc. Who writes the references?
emporium
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lurker)
Are you actually allowed to applying by yourself? I thought it had to go through a school, college etc. Who writes the references?
you can apply independently, the reference can be written be absolutely anyone that knows you (a teacher if you're at school normally). Think about mature students, most will be independent applicants, I guess an employer or previous teacher / lecturer would write a reference.
froggybum
Thank you, thank you!!! It makes sense now, panic over
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (479)
51.9%
No (444)
48.1%

Watched Threads