This discussion is closed.
gaga_kid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
THEY WOULDNT LET ME TAKE MY DRIVING TEST!!

well basically my instructors car..the tax disc was out of date by ONE DAY!! ONE DAY!! even tho ur allowed upto 7 days to get a new one but she cudnt cos of postal strike so cos of that they wudnt let me take it.. no money back no nothin.. jus a u cant do it bye.. he didnt even tell me he jus went 2 my instructor...
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Could you not do the test in a different car?
The DSA
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gaga_kid)
no money back no nothin
You used a double-negative there my boy.
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
double negative? thanks for that!!

well he werent gonna wait till i find another car to do it in.. he already gave me the eye sight test and 2 questions i was sitting in the car waiting... i mean.. thinking bout it it was 11 HOURS OUT OF DATE!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Just pretend you failed it. You probably would have failed anyway; everyone does. At least now, you're angry with them rather than yourself.

Just drive illigally, it's worth it.

If you're caught driving illigally, you're fined £500 (few people are caught) you get a lecture from the judge and a possible criminal record.

If you drive legally, you have to pay for insurance every year (£1500) you have road tax (about £60 every 6 months) MOT £50 a year (provided it passes) Then, you have to worry about people claiming insurance, finance people lecturing you about costs and all this other stuff.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Just pretend you failed it. You probably would have failed anyway; everyone does. At least now, you're angry with them rather than yourself.

Just drive illigally, it's worth it.

If you're caught driving illigally, you're fined £500 (few people are caught) you get a lecture from the judge and a possible criminal record.

If you drive legally, you have to pay for insurance every year (£1500) you have road tax (about £60 every 6 months) MOT £50 a year (provided it passes) Then, you have to worry about people claiming insurance, finance people lecturing you about costs and all this other stuff.
don't drive illegally! my friend did that when he got drunk. he ended up crashing the car into a wall + causing £6000 damages which he will have to pay off when he earns a certain amount (as well a student loan). he ended up in court with charges of
1) drink driving
2) driving without a lisence
3) driving without insurance
4) stealing a car (his mum had to say he stole it from her- which he did- because he wrote it off and she needed to claim on the insurance)

he's now got a criminal record (which he has to declare on huis UCAS from), huge fines to pay when he gets a proper job, no license for 2 years + high insurance when he finally can drive.

i really don't think it's worth driving without a license to be honest!

lou xxx
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
but if the police allow you 7 days extension if your tax disc is out of date how comes i was turned away after 1?

at the end of the day whether its that examiner or my instructor.. it aint my fault and i shud get my next one free of charge.

i hope i can get a cancellation otherwise next available is FEBRUARY!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
And if you haven't passed your test you are more liely to crash. If you have no tax on your car and the police question you about it it will also be found you have no licence. It isn't worth it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
don't drive illegally! my friend did that when he got drunk. he ended up crashing the car into a wall + causing £6000 damages which he will have to pay off when he earns a certain amount (as well a student loan). he ended up in court with charges of
1) drink driving
2) driving without a lisence
3) driving without insurance
4) stealing a car (his mum had to say he stole it from her- which he did- because he wrote it off and she needed to claim on the insurance)

he's now got a criminal record (which he has to declare on huis UCAS from), huge fines to pay when he gets a proper job, no license for 2 years + high insurance when he finally can drive.

i really don't think it's worth driving without a license to be honest!

lou xxx
1 and 4 are VERY SERIOUS crimes and that's why he got a criminal record. Driving without a licence or insurance is surprisingly common and very rarely does someone get caught.

Ok, so leaving your front window completely empty may attract a few policeman, but creating your OWN disc actually fools a lot of people, including the law. Billions do it, a 100 get caught.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Billions do it, a 100 get caught.
p.s. not meant literally.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gaga_kid)
THEY WOULDNT LET ME TAKE MY DRIVING TEST!!

well basically my instructors car..the tax disc was out of date by ONE DAY!! ONE ****ING DAY!! even tho ur allowed upto 7 days to get a new one but she cudnt cos of postal strike so cos of that they wudnt let me take it.. no money back no nothin.. jus a **** off u cant do it bye.. he didnt even tell me he jus went 2 my instructor...

you should be able to claim the money back from your instructor. it is their responsibility to ensure the car is taxed and road worthy.

too right the DVLA shouldn't have let you take it. it is there for a purpose noone is exempt.

and the postal strike is no excuse, when your livelyhood is driving, you should know exactly when your car needs to be taxed- she could have done it weeks ago in preperation.

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
you should be able to claim the money back from your instructor. it is their responsibility to ensure the car is taxed and road worthy.
Yes, Katy is right, do that. If your instructor refuses to pay out, write a letter of complaint to the DVLA. Someone WILL be held responsible. God, tests are a nervous-experience as it is, without some dipstick DVLA drone telling you that you can't take the test.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Sue their asses off for emotional distress. You deserve it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Yes, Katy is right, do that. If your instructor refuses to pay out, write a letter of complaint to the DVLA. Someone WILL be held responsible. God, tests are a nervous-experience as it is, without some dipstick DVLA drone telling you that you can't take the test.
Totally.
Lurker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't think the DVLA actually have anything to do with tests, or when you take them. The Driving Standards Agency is who you book your test with.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lurker)
I don't think the DVLA actually have anything to do with tests, or when you take them. The Driving Standards Agency is who you book your test with.
If in doubt write to watchdog!

lou xxx
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
If in doubt write to watchdog!

lou xxx
Lol... seriously though, you should demand your money back from your instructor.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
It's easier said than done. Instructors are sometimes more than instructors - they're friends. Demanding money like that would probably cause an argument.
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It's easier said than done. Instructors are sometimes more than instructors - they're friends. Demanding money like that would probably cause an argument.
True. But the driving instructor is in the wrong here, and a test is about £40, plus there'll be all the fuss of waiting for another one. It'd certainly be easier to sort out if it was a company like BSM rather than one instructor.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (571)
49.87%
No (574)
50.13%

Watched Threads