This discussion is closed.
viciouscircle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Would love to do become a journo. Hopefully doing languages at uni. Anyone got any ideas on how to get some experience under my belt? (would be useful for the dreaded UCAS form aswell)
Rachel_manc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dunno where u live, but I write for my uni newspaper and i know that we offer work experience to sixth formers. it might be easier to get w/e at a uni paper than a national or even a local as these positions are v competitive
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What sort of journalism do you want to do? BBC do decent work exp for broadcast i think.
Checking for Spies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd try asking local papers,or even better try to start your own school newspaper (or volunteer to work on it if you've got one already!)Unis love that kinda thing :rolleyes: It would be wicked if you could get in with the BBC,but then again it depends where you live.
Woodrift
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
BBC do stuff all around, but you should go for the crazy stuff, like OAP mags, Church Newspapers etc.

I've got work exp. at a local paper this summer, only because I enquired 2 years ago though...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.13%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (54)
27.98%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
53.89%

Watched Threads