Should I have had any acknowledgement from Oxford?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Alexander
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hello....

I applied to Oxford this year, and I was wondering whether I should have received any request for written work yet (the deadline is 15th November!) or any other kind of acknowledgement -- has anyone else?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Alexander)
Hello....

I applied to Oxford this year, and I was wondering whether I should have received any request for written work yet (the deadline is 15th November!) or any other kind of acknowledgement -- has anyone else?

Go ahead and get your written work off. I know last year my daughter was waiting for a formal request but it was very late in coming. Once you get an acknowledgement of your application, I would suggest telephoning the Admissions Office of your first choice college to ascertain exactly what they want (although it should tell you in the prospectus). You have to get a covering sheet to accompany the work. As far as I remember this is available from your school.

Good luck with your application.

EM
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I haven't received a letter yet either... The college I have applied to did reply to an e-mail I sent regarding written work though.
loftx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hello....

I got my letter asking for written work last year 7 days before the deadline, so no need to panic. Make sure you have sutable written work before it arrives, or it may come as a bit of a shock.

I dont think it would hurt to send off your written work first, but i would wait a few days. Bare in mind there is a postal strike in Oxford at the moment so there could be delays - If you are in any doubt at all phone or email your college - they are usually very helpful.
Alexander
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for the replies, you have all been very helpful. I don't need to worry about the post because I live in Oxford anyway so I'll deliver it by hand
Lucy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I just read on one of the college's websites:

"Information for undergraduate applicants:

There is currently a postal strike in Oxford (30 October 2003), so there will be some delay in applicants receiving their acknowledgement letters from the College. The letters remind applicants (where appropriate) to submit their written work to the Tutor for Admissions, Worcester College, Oxford OX1 2HB, by 15 November 2003.

For full details of written work requirements, please see the relevant subject entry in the University's Undergraduate Prospectus."

So yeah don't worry, just make sure you have your work done on time
fionah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Thank you very much for the replies, you have all been very helpful. I don't need to worry about the post because I live in Oxford anyway so I'll deliver it by hand
They may have posted it to you though & if they dont use couriers it could be delayed
Alexander
Rep:
?
(Original post by fionah)
They may have posted it to you though & if they dont use couriers it could be delayed
Good point -- I really should have been able to work that one out :rolleyes:
hildabeast
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
I got my letter asking for written work last year 7 days before the deadline, so no need to panic. Make sure you have sutable written work before it arrives, or it may come as a bit of a shock.

I dont think it would hurt to send off your written work first, but i would wait a few days. Bare in mind there is a postal strike in Oxford at the moment so there could be delays - If you are in any doubt at all phone or email your college - they are usually very helpful.
yeh the flippin postal strike is really hacking me off :mad:

i feel sorry for the postie men tho so its ok, but i have no mail or communication with the world outside the bubble

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
I just read on one of the college's websites:

"Information for undergraduate applicants:

There is currently a postal strike in Oxford (30 October 2003), so there will be some delay in applicants receiving their acknowledgement letters from the College. The letters remind applicants (where appropriate) to submit their written work to the Tutor for Admissions, Worcester College, Oxford OX1 2HB, by 15 November 2003.

For full details of written work requirements, please see the relevant subject entry in the University's Undergraduate Prospectus."

So yeah don't worry, just make sure you have your work done on time

I applied to Worcester too! What subject are yu applying for?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.95%
No (444)
48.05%

Watched Threads