The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lola1993
I'm so excited that the online sale has started but I have loads I want to buy and only a couple of hundred quid so I was wondering if they lower their prices even lower throughout the sale or if they stay the same? thanks (:

I don't think they will lower their prices now until the stuff is about to go out of season.
Reply 2
SHUSSSSSSSSSSSSH.dont tell everyone :p: I'm going to order loads tomorrow!!! Everything i want is selling out in my size already :frown: Stop buying size 10 and 12s people.
Reply 3
does anyone know if the store is open tomorrow and if the store has started its sale? thanks!
Get a proper brand like Ralph Lauren
Reply 5
SHUSSSSSSSSSSSSH.dont tell everyone I'm going to order loads tomorrow!!! Everything i want is selling out in my size already Stop buying size 10 and 12s people.
Sorry, ha! I'm glad I'm a size 6/8 as they're less popular but I'm definitely buying everything on Monday once my money is in my bank - can't waitt (:
Reply 6
Jack Wills is a proper brand, but don't worry, I buy Ralph Lauren too. :smile:
Reply 7
.x.jen.x.
does anyone know if the store is open tomorrow and if the store has started its sale? thanks!

Gunwharf Quays is open 10 - 5 so I imagine all others will as well:

http://www.gunwharf-quays.com/store_profile-4524.htm
Reply 8
literally every shop and designer has huge amounts of stock on sale, upto 75% off so many brands and normal sizes too! but JW is practically sold out and is discounting by like £5, 0.5% discount on one coat on sale.
I know, but I guess they don't want to lower it too much otherwise more working class people will be able to buy it, and apparently they'll think it'll make the brand look bad.
Reply 9
Bear_Grylls

Quite. I would have thought that for men buying shirts, Jermyn St. would be a better option?
Reply 10
The sales started yesterday cos they knew it was too late for xmas pressies!!

OP you're so lucky being so slim :p: my sizes are vanishing.

I need to buy NOW. I've got a few xmas gifts im swapping tomorrow so i hope the Chester store will be open too. Thanks prudy for giving me those times. You star!

I noticed the JW £5 dicounts too! I am glad...i don't want everything reduced. The gorgeous tweed jacket hasn't been reduced by a penny. lol. Also it makes the fact i got tons of JW clothes for xmas less silly cos it means i got my sizes guaranteed and my mum would have barely saved anything anyway. :biggrin:
Reply 11
.x.jen.x.

OP you're so lucky being so slim :p: my sizes are vanishing.

I need to buy NOW. I've got a few xmas gifts im swapping tomorrow so i hope the Chester store will be open too. Thanks prudy for giving me those times. You star!

I noticed the JW £5 dicounts too! I am glad...i don't want everything reduced. The gorgeous tweed jacket hasn't been reduced by a penny. lol. Also it makes the fact i got tons of JW clothes for xmas less silly cos it means i got my sizes guaranteed and my mum would have barely saved anything anyway. :biggrin:

:top2:

Merry Christmas :smile:

Hope you get some nice stuff.

:santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:
Reply 12

OP you're so lucky being so slim my sizes are vanishing.

I noticed the JW £5 dicounts too! I am glad...i don't want everything reduced. The gorgeous tweed jacket hasn't been reduced by a penny. lol. Also it makes the fact i got tons of JW clothes for xmas less silly cos it means i got my sizes guaranteed and my mum would have barely saved anything anyway.
what are the sizings like? should i get my reg. size? - i normally go and try them on in one of the london stores, but i'm going to be lazy and get them off the internet :wink:
Reply 13
Does anyone know if the JW stores have bigger discounts than online?
Reply 14
Last year they reduced items throughout the sale. One piece of knitwear I bought at £59 ended up at £29 by the end of the sale - made me rather angry. but what can you do?
Reply 15
The in-store discounts are exactly the same as online.

I went today and got almost everything i wanted :biggrin:

As for sizing lola, i find stuff like jeans and hoodies quite slim fitting, but the vest tops and fashion tops etc are probs a bit bigger than usual and quite generous.
Reply 16
I went today and got almost everything i wanted
Cool :smile: I'm going to start buying stuff tomorrow :biggrin:
I went today, didn't think that they'd lowered the prices that much, was quite gutted the stuff i got from there for christmas was in the sale though.
Reply 18
Just out of interest what is the sizing like for Jack wills? As in is it pretty much correct with sizing or would i need to go a size bigger/smaller?
Hope you get what i mean, just some places a size 12 is more like a size 10 etc.
Reply 19
alexa123
Just out of interest what is the sizing like for Jack wills? As in is it pretty much correct with sizing or would i need to go a size bigger/smaller?
Hope you get what i mean, just some places a size 12 is more like a size 10 etc.

It's not too bad but a touch on the small side if anything.

Latest