Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've listened to the new album all the way through a couple of times and I'm not all that impressed if I'm honest. It's not bad but it's not wonderfully good either. There are some good guitar riffs and in general it's heavier than their older albums. :thrasher:

Maybe it's gonna grow on me (I hope so) but as of yet I am not blown away. Also the title is lame. "Language Sex Violence Other?" :rolleyes:

I'd give it 3.5/5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    I've listened to the new album all the way through a couple of times and I'm not all that impressed if I'm honest. It's not bad but it's not wonderfully good either. There are some good guitar riffs and in general it's heavier than their older albums. :thrasher:

Maybe it's gonna grow on me (I hope so) but as of yet I am not blown away. Also the title is lame. "Language Sex Violence Other?" :rolleyes:

I'd give it 3.5/5.
    I actually like their new stuff- suppose due to the fact that its a bit heavier, suppose they've just changed direction a bit really

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard the album but the new single's awesome.Better than anything they've done in years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    I actually like their new stuff- suppose due to the fact that its a bit heavier, suppose they've just changed direction a bit really

Ruthie xx
    Yeah, I like the heavier sound and I prefer this one to Just Enough Education to Perform. I've listened to it again today and I think it is growing on me slightly. Still prefer Performance and Cocktails though I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Word Gets Around is the only album of theirs I'll listen to. Great album, the others just don't do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    Performance and Cocktails is by far their best album in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Is it true they've returned to form? I haven't heard their new stuff but I used to love their first two albums, they got a bit ***** and dad-rock after that (with the exception of Mr Writer)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    (with the exception of Mr Writer)..
    I forgot all about that song, used to love it!

ReputationRep:
    Is it true they've returned to form? I haven't heard their new stuff but I used to love their first two albums, they got a bit ***** and dad-rock after that (with the exception of Mr Writer)..
    That's an insult to dad-rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    That's an insult to dad-rock
    Okay, but I'll still stand by "they got a bit *****" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, but I'll still stand by "they got a bit *****" :p:
    Understatement of the year. That's like saying the Pope's "a bit Catholic".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Understatement of the year. That's like saying the Pope's "a bit Catholic".
    None of my insults are good enough for you, are they?? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is it true they've returned to form?
    It's much better than their last album. Much better. But I still prefer the older stuff. But I'm still listening!

Edit: I like the new drummer.

ReputationRep:
    None of my insults are good enough for you, are they?? :p:
    Nope. I'm hard to please.

ReputationRep:
    I loved Word Gets Around, and Performance and Cocktails as well but I was really disappointed with the other 2 albums. I do like Dakota, but I'm not sure they'll keep it up for the whole album. Bring back the Cable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I loved Word Gets Around, and Performance and Cocktails as well but I was really disappointed with the other 2 albums. I do like Dakota, but I'm not sure they'll keep it up for the whole album. Bring back the Cable!
    Too right! Word gets around is such an amazing album, and performance and cocktails almost as good, J.E.E.P was appalling and I didn't even bother with their last one. I'm hoping their new single is a start to them picking themselves back up... it's the best song they've done in years but I can see it getting old quickly

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say, the album's really grown on me and I really like it now. So my luke-warm original post isn't really what I think now. I really like it. Especially the song "Devil" and also "Doorman" and the single's pretty good too!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.