The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth Form College?

Scroll to see replies

ice_dragoness274
ahh okay thanks for the reassurance ^_^
Mine was about 10, and my answers were really rushed! but hopefully it will turn out okay, and they won't reject me "because of my predicted grades" like woodhouse did >.<

I took my school report too, but in the whole rush I forgot to show it!!
Yeah they said something at the end bout sending a letter within the next 2/3 weeks...i'm assuming to let me know if I've got an offer?

Yep, that's what they told me too, and i phoned them aswell about a week ago (i was gettin really impatient:redface: ), and they said that they are going to start sending all the accepted/rejected letters at easter time. anyway, good luck :smile:
little_miss_perfect92
heyy
so do they tell u at the interview if u get accepted??
i have my interview on thursday and i hope mine gets rushed too! loll
was it worth bringing ur sketch book btw ??

They didn't say anything to me about getting accepted =/
apparently they did say to ft1000 that there was "No reason he shouldn't get a place" =] but i guess it depends on your interviewer!

awww good luck! Yeah bring your sketch book if you have one, but it would be even better if you brought a school report or something (I took 3 things wth me, and in the whole rush, I FORGOT to show them my school report!

alloww . Trust me you don't :p: .....like when they asked me "why do you wanna come st. dom's", "why do you want to do architecture", and for a lot of the other questions I gave a really crap answer coz it was so rushed!
gd luck anyway everyone having an interview! :hugs:
xxxxx
xx glitterpixie
Yep, that's what they told me too, and i phoned them aswell about a week ago (i was gettin really impatient:redface: ), and they said that they are going to start sending all the accepted/rejected letters at easter time. anyway, good luck :smile:

who, woodhouse or st. dom's :confused:

lol

thanks, you too ^_^!
Reicey_x
haha, just don't do english - that's all I'm sayin

no (some) of the teachers are actually really really good. ignore me, im just in a "I hate college" mood :smile:

o_O
I'm doing English lit. AS! :p:

awww, why?? =]
I know what you kinda mean :console:

also....is it true that the college is about 70 percent or so asian? (it seemed to be on my interview anyway!) ....not that it actually makes any difference whether i go or not, just interested to know.

ohh and also do you know people who travel there from over an hour away? (sorry if i asked before!). I;M SOOOO ******* annoyed woodhouse college rejected me, they're soooo close to my house!
x
ice_dragoness274
They didn't say anything to me about getting accepted =/
apparently they did say to ft1000 that there was "No reason he shouldn't get a place" =] but i guess it depends on your interviewer!

awww good luck! Yeah bring your sketch book if you have one, but it would be even better if you brought a school report or something (I took 3 things wth me, and in the whole rush, I FORGOT to show them my school report!

alloww . Trust me you don't :p: .....like when they asked me "why do you wanna come st. dom's", "why do you want to do architecture", and for a lot of the other questions I gave a really crap answer coz it was so rushed!
gd luck anyway everyone having an interview! :hugs:
xxxxx

heyyaa

aw thanks 4 that. just came back 4rm my interview it was okk i mean better than what i was expecting. surprisingly there was a lllooot of asians :s-smilie: hmm o well :smile:

i can understand y u 4got 2 show them everything i would 2 if mine was rushed like that! lol but o well doesnt matter i'm sure they'll accept u. just stay positive :biggrin:

i didnt bring my sketch book kinda 4got but i did bring my school reports etc :smile:

she was like u shud hear 4rm us in 2 weeks so im like okk i hope thats a good thing.

wat a-levels r u gona take?

oh yeah im sure it wont matter if u live quite far coz i live like 45mins away 4rm there and they still called me 4 an interview and even if u live an hour away 4rm there im sure it wont matter coz they would have asked u in ur interview like ''how long would it take u 2 get here'' or something like that

:biggrin: just dw and stay positive lol
ice_dragoness274
who, woodhouse or st. dom's :confused:

lol

thanks, you too ^_^!

it was st.doms :smile:
Reply 126
had my woodhouse interview on 18th march, has anyone heard from woodhouse or st doms yet?
ft1000
had my woodhouse interview on 18th march, has anyone heard from woodhouse or st doms yet?

aww gd on you =] hope you get in!
how was it/?!?! :biggrin:..and the st doms one?

Well yeah I heard from woodhouse (rejection lol)
and st doms are gonna post in easter they said? so probably in the next 1/2 weeks or so *Fingers crossed*
Reply 128
has any1 heard from st doms yet??????????????
ft1000
has any1 heard from st doms yet??????????????

I think its a bit too early. Last year I didn't hear anything til the very end of my easter holiday.
Reply 130
jelly1000
I think its a bit too early. Last year I didn't hear anything til the very end of my easter holiday.

did u hear from st doms at the end of easter?
ft1000
did u hear from st doms at the end of easter?

Well last year with easter being very early on, no, expect to hear from them after easter- maybe towards the end of the week starting the 13th April or the beginning of the next week.
Reply 132
did any1 else hear about the whole building thing? that if u in the hume building ur in etc????
guess who
did any1 else hear about the whole building thing? that if u in the hume building ur in etc????

Well last year everyone I know who got interviewed in the Aquinas building got rejected, whilst those interviewed in Hume Hall were accepted.
Reply 134
omg there are soo many rumours 4 st doms.. 1st there is that u need oustandingly unachievale grades 2 get in if u r not catcholic.. then there is that the people that are interviewd are those that the college is uncertain about as the clever ones are posted an conditional offer automatically n now this building thing!! this is making me feel as though everything is fixed beforehand..
fish99
omg there are soo many rumours 4 st doms.. 1st there is that u need oustandingly unachievale grades 2 get in if u r not catcholic.. then there is that the people that are interviewd are those that the college is uncertain about as the clever ones are posted an conditional offer automatically n now this building thing!! this is making me feel as though everything is fixed beforehand..

well last year when everyone who applied was interviewed (including me) im almost certain everything was fixed before hand.
Reply 136
jelly1000
well last year when everyone who applied was interviewed (including me) im almost certain everything was fixed before hand.

thats really anoying.. why do they even bother then...?

btw.. seeing as majority of their students are catholic.. do the teachers there give preference to them?? and are non-catcholics bullied?
fish99
thats really anoying.. why do they even bother then...?

btw.. seeing as majority of their students are catholic.. do the teachers there give preference to them?? and are non-catcholics bullied?

I've no idea it rather annoyed me thinking I had a chance and then realising afterwards I never did, and seeing as a I got rejected I can't really answer your second question. I very much doubt it though.
guess who

nahh didn't hear anything about that! :confused:

I was in Hume, dunno if that'll make a difference xD but fingers crossed I'll get in coz St. Dom's is pretty much the only place I can get in coz all the other deadlines have passed!! (I might apply to Christ College finchley as well if i don't get in here).

Do you know when they start posting letters?
xx
Reply 139
ice_dragoness274
nahh didn't hear anything about that! :confused:

I was in Hume, dunno if that'll make a difference xD but fingers crossed I'll get in coz St. Dom's is pretty much the only place I can get in coz all the other deadlines have passed!! (I might apply to Christ College finchley as well if i don't get in here).

Do you know when they start posting letters?
xx

i was in hume 2!!! i hope i get in... its really hard though, they are so oversubscribed.. they said that i would hear from them in mid-april.. so i guess thats the end of r easter holidays...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending